Short Essay Questions
1. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
2. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
3. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
4. Who is Keyes?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
6. From what point of view is this story told?
7. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
8. What is Walter's response to Phyllis' request for an accident policty on her husband?
9. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
10. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
11. What are the reasons that Walter would agree to help Phyllis kill her husband?
12. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
13. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
14. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)