|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
(a) To shoot Mr. Nirdlinger
(b) To advise Phyllis on her will
(c) To have Mr. Nirdlinger sign the accident policy
(d) To make love to Phyllis
2. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
(a) To make Walter nervous
(b) To hear the discussion about the accident policy
(c) To teach her to knit
(d) To keep an eye on her
3. Why does Walter say they cannot disable Mr. Nirdlinger's car for the accident?
(a) Walter does not want to arouse any suspicions
(b) Walter does not know how to do that
(c) Walter does not want to leave fingerprints
(d) The plan involves Walter using the car
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
(a) She wants to buy another policy
(b) She never wants to see him again
(c) She loves her husband and worries about him
(d) She wants to separate from her husband
5. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
(c) Washed-out looking
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
2. Who does Walter learn has called him at the office?
3. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
5. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)