|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The argument with Wedge is interrupted by the appearance of the Star Destroyer ____.
2. As Luke looks down on the identical faces of the Imperial troops whom he has killed, he understands that the troopers are ____ .
3. Rogue and ____ squadrons unite in attacking the TIE interceptors escorting the surviving drop ships toward Katana.
4. Pellaeon is certain the ____ will draw Luke's group into a trap.
5. Han says that more than fighting ships, the New Republic needs ____ .
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
2. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
3. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
4. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
5. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
6. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
7. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
8. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
9. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
10. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Having read the entire book, explain three lessons that you feel that the book tries to teach and use examples of each from the book to back up your response. Then give at least one example each of how those lessons could be applied to real life. Over all, do you think that the book delivers any important messages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bel Iblis plays a fairly large role in the plot of the book.
1. Who is Bel Iblis and what connection did he have to the formation of the Rebellion and then the New Republic?
2. Why has Bel Iblis been in hiding?
3. How did Bel Iblis discover information about the Katana Fleet.
4. If you were Bel Iblis, what would you do with regards to rejoining the Rebellion/New Republic and why? How would you go about doing so?
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)