|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When word comes that Karrde is missing, Thrawn orders Karrde to be ____.
2. At dusk on Honoghr, Leia and her rescue party are ready to set out, and she is too troubled to pay attention to Threepio's report of an excessively curious ____.
3. Lando notices beneath gray seat coverings the blue-and-gold upholstery used only on the ____.
4. Mara vows to behave lest she be turned over to mad ____.
5. Fey'lya has presented no proof and Breil'lya's actions on New Cov are ____ .
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
2. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
3. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
4. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
5. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
6. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
7. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
8. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
9. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
10. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)