|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the metallic Grand Dukha stand the thirteen male ____ .
2. Thrawn reacts to news that a Skipray has been found crashed with a ____ aboard.
3. Han is sure six dreadnaughts and Bel Iblis' reputation will delight the ____.
4. Rukh is ordered to use his hunter's instincts to find the Jedi, ysalamiri are deployed, and all cars are moved to herd the fugitives toward the ____.
5. Mara still knows the back-door password belonging to ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
2. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
3. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
4. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
5. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
6. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
7. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
8. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
9. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
10. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Glory and power are key themes in the story. Explain how each of the following characters was seeking power in the story using at least two examples per character.
4. Bel Iblis
Essay Topic 2
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Redemption is a big theme in the book, such as when Han mentions to Fey'lya that it is not too late to back away and drop the lies that Fey'lya is telling about Ackbar.
1. Define what redemption means to you.
2. Explain three places that redemption is mentioned in the book.
3. Give a real life example of someone that you know achieving redemption for something.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)