|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde declares that ____ will benefit from Karrde's release.
2. Mara tries to arrange a meeting with Thrawn by identifying herself as The Emperor's ____.
3. Mara has always hated the Abregado-rae Spaceport and hopes she is not ____.
4. Mara still knows the back-door password belonging to ____.
5. When Mara enters space, she is caught in a ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
2. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
3. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
4. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
5. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
6. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
7. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
8. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
9. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
10. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is a conflict between two groups. Compare and contrast that conflict to any major conflict in real life. How does the book mirror real life events and what lessons does the book try to teach about those real life events?
Essay Topic 2
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a major theme in the book.
1: List three examples of foreshadowing in the story.
2: Explain how the three examples of foreshadowing that you chose influenced later events in the book.
3. The book is part of a three-book series. What things towards the end of the book seem to foreshadow events in the third book and what opinions do you have of what will happen in the third book as a result of that foreshadowing?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)