|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferrier suggests to Lando that they talk about ____.
2. Han and Lando are watching for their target, ____.
3. Leia realizes that "thirdson" means ____.
4. Lando suggests a deal for Bel Iblis and his people where Lando and Han offer their advocacy in exchange for information on the ____.
5. Chimaera heads for the ____ system.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
2. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
3. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
4. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
5. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
6. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
7. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
8. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
9. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
10. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
Having read the entire book, explain three lessons that you feel that the book tries to teach and use examples of each from the book to back up your response. Then give at least one example each of how those lessons could be applied to real life. Over all, do you think that the book delivers any important messages? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)