|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferrier suggests to Lando that they talk about ____.
2. When the turbolift car halts in the general alarm, Mara subdues the Imperial passenger, and flees carefully with Luke and Karrde down the track, which is ____.
3. Leia knows that the Imperials will spare her life so Thrawn can ______.
4. Leia proposes a small-scale investigation, and Mon Mothma orders Fey'lya to assemble ships and ____.
5. Luke refuses to finish off the stunned Jedi, hoping to ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
2. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
3. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
4. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
5. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
6. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
7. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
8. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
9. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
10. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
Essay Topic 2
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
C'baoth plays a large role in the book. Describe C'baoth's mental decline throughout the book, using at least five specific examples from the story. Also, explain why you think C'baoth acts the way that he does and what you feel that Luke or the New Republic should do with C'baoth, as a result of his actions and mental instability.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)