|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rukh is ordered to use his hunter's instincts to find the Jedi, ysalamiri are deployed, and all cars are moved to herd the fugitives toward the ____.
2. When word comes that Karrde is missing, Thrawn orders Karrde to be ____.
3. Unable to bear letting Karrde think she has betrayed him, Mara risks breaking into ____.
4. In the Imperial Palace for the first time in ____ years, Mara is nostalgic.
5. Rogue and ____ squadrons unite in attacking the TIE interceptors escorting the surviving drop ships toward Katana.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
2. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
3. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
4. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
5. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
6. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
7. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
8. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
9. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
10. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is a conflict between two groups. Compare and contrast that conflict to any major conflict in real life. How does the book mirror real life events and what lessons does the book try to teach about those real life events?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a major theme in the book.
1: List three examples of foreshadowing in the story.
2: Explain how the three examples of foreshadowing that you chose influenced later events in the book.
3. The book is part of a three-book series. What things towards the end of the book seem to foreshadow events in the third book and what opinions do you have of what will happen in the third book as a result of that foreshadowing?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)