|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferrier suggests to Lando that they talk about ____.
2. Karrde watches Etherway's return, which is ____ days late.
3. After broaching the subject of Thrawn's treachery on soil detoxification, Leia announces that they must free Khabarakh and steal ____.
4. Karrde declares that ____ will benefit from Karrde's release.
5. At the Grand Dukha, the spokesman's name is ____ .
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
2. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
3. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
4. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
5. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
6. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
7. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
8. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
9. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
10. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Although the characters listed below are not the main focus in the book, they play important roles. Explain in detail the role that each of the following characters plays in moving the story along:
Essay Topic 3
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)