|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mara finds the prisoner list, upcoming shift changes, daily orders and ____.
2. Before the metallic Grand Dukha stand the thirteen male ____ .
3. The argument with Wedge is interrupted by the appearance of the Star Destroyer ____.
4. Karrde wants the expert ____ , Ghent, sent to Coruscant to help prove Ackbar's innocence.
5. A hail of rocks hits the skipray and ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
2. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
3. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
4. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
5. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
6. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
7. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
8. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
9. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
10. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Glory and power are key themes in the story. Explain how each of the following characters was seeking power in the story using at least two examples per character.
4. Bel Iblis
Essay Topic 2
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 3
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)