|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rogue and ____ squadrons unite in attacking the TIE interceptors escorting the surviving drop ships toward Katana.
2. In the Imperial Palace for the first time in ____ years, Mara is nostalgic.
3. Mara has always hated the Abregado-rae Spaceport and hopes she is not ____.
4. Intelligence is set to unraveling clues left by Karrde's botched mission and repair work, Ferrier is diverted to capturing Han and Lando, and Chimaera tails ____.
5. When word comes that another frigate is approaching, Thrawn knows that ____ is aboard.
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
2. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
3. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
4. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
5. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
6. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
7. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
8. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
9. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
10. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)