|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suddenly, the Escort Frigate Quenfis appears, and Captain ____ places the boarding party under arrest.
2. On Coruscant, Karrde explains again that his assumption that he was the only one to record the coordinates 15 years ago is wrong and that ____ also could have.
3. Lando suggests a deal for Bel Iblis and his people where Lando and Han offer their advocacy in exchange for information on the ____.
4. The Force tells Luke to explore a specific ship, which turns out to be ____ .
5. Within hours, Mara is in hyperspace heading to Luke in order to ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
2. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
3. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
4. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
5. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
6. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
7. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
8. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
9. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
10. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Redemption is a big theme in the book, such as when Han mentions to Fey'lya that it is not too late to back away and drop the lies that Fey'lya is telling about Ackbar.
1. Define what redemption means to you.
2. Explain three places that redemption is mentioned in the book.
3. Give a real life example of someone that you know achieving redemption for something.
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)