|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the turbolift car halts in the general alarm, Mara subdues the Imperial passenger, and flees carefully with Luke and Karrde down the track, which is ____.
2. Mara dreams about ____ and Luke converging on the Emperor with lightsabers.
3. Five days out of Coruscant, the first expedition comes out of hyperspace, spots ____ and deploys the X-wing.
4. C'baoth launches ____ from his fingertips, which Luke blocks with his lightsaber.
5. When Wedge speaks up, he is threatened with ____ .
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
2. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
3. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
4. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
5. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
6. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
7. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
8. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
9. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
10. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 2
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)