|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Falcon is being moved as the fugitives enter the storage area and ____ ducks inside to start the warm up sequence.
2. Captain Brandei detects Rebels aboard ____ dreadnaughts.
3. Luke refuses to finish off the stunned Jedi, hoping to ____.
4. The maitrakh talks about losing ____ sons in Imperial service.
5. Ferrier suggests to Lando that they talk about ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
2. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
3. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
4. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
5. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
6. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
7. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
8. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
9. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
10. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 2
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)