|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mara has always hated the Abregado-rae Spaceport and hopes she is not ____.
2. When word comes that another frigate is approaching, Thrawn knows that ____ is aboard.
3. Lando notices beneath gray seat coverings the blue-and-gold upholstery used only on the ____.
4. A hail of rocks hits the skipray and ____.
5. At dusk on Honoghr, Leia and her rescue party are ready to set out, and she is too troubled to pay attention to Threepio's report of an excessively curious ____.
Essay Topic 1
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 3
Having read the entire book, explain three lessons that you feel that the book tries to teach and use examples of each from the book to back up your response. Then give at least one example each of how those lessons could be applied to real life. Over all, do you think that the book delivers any important messages? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)