|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke refuses to finish off the stunned Jedi, hoping to ____.
2. As Luke looks down on the identical faces of the Imperial troops whom he has killed, he understands that the troopers are ____ .
3. Fey'lya discounts all the evidence presented and argues that a salvage expedition would ____.
4. Mara explains Karrde's accidental discovery of the Katana Fleet and is given ____ to bring back the location/
5. Intelligence is set to unraveling clues left by Karrde's botched mission and repair work, Ferrier is diverted to capturing Han and Lando, and Chimaera tails ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
2. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
3. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
4. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
5. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
6. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
7. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
8. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
9. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
10. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the characters listed below are not the main focus in the book, they play important roles. Explain in detail the role that each of the following characters plays in moving the story along:
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 3
Many bad decisions are made throughout the book. Choose any one of the following characters and describe a major bad decision which that character made and how it influenced the story. Then describe how you would have changed things if you were in that character's place.
2. Bel Iblis
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)