|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde wants the expert ____ , Ghent, sent to Coruscant to help prove Ackbar's innocence.
2. Mara has always hated the Abregado-rae Spaceport and hopes she is not ____.
3. On Coruscant, Karrde explains again that his assumption that he was the only one to record the coordinates 15 years ago is wrong and that ____ also could have.
4. Bel Iblis organizes the meeting with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa that starts the ____ , for which Mon Mothma now takes credit.
5. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the ____ for presenting the Katana Fleet.
Short Essay Questions
1. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
2. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
3. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
4. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
5. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
6. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
7. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
8. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
9. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
10. Why is Mara upset over having to ask for Luke's help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bel Iblis plays a fairly large role in the plot of the book.
1. Who is Bel Iblis and what connection did he have to the formation of the Rebellion and then the New Republic?
2. Why has Bel Iblis been in hiding?
3. How did Bel Iblis discover information about the Katana Fleet.
4. If you were Bel Iblis, what would you do with regards to rejoining the Rebellion/New Republic and why? How would you go about doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)