|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearing Imperial weaponry aboard, Han and Lando flee into a ____.
2. Han is sure six dreadnaughts and Bel Iblis' reputation will delight the ____.
3. Leia may be seeking to retrieve information from the dead Emperor, such as vital secrets about Mount ____.
4. Karrde wants the expert ____ , Ghent, sent to Coruscant to help prove Ackbar's innocence.
5. On Coruscant, Karrde explains again that his assumption that he was the only one to record the coordinates 15 years ago is wrong and that ____ also could have.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
2. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
3. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
4. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
5. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
6. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
7. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
8. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
9. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
10. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 2
Although the characters listed below are not the main focus in the book, they play important roles. Explain in detail the role that each of the following characters plays in moving the story along:
Essay Topic 3
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)