|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han is sure six dreadnaughts and Bel Iblis' reputation will delight the ____.
2. Refusing to use mind control as at Nkllon, Luke uses the Force only to suppress the curiosity of ____ men in a pilot's lounge.
3. Fey'lya discounts all the evidence presented and argues that a salvage expedition would ____.
4. Mara needs a Skipray blastboat and ysalamir on a nutrient ____.
5. When Thrawn asks about her long absence, Mara hears in her head that she must kill ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
2. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
3. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
4. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
5. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
6. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
7. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
8. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
9. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
10. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is a major theme in the book.
1: List three examples of foreshadowing in the story.
2: Explain how the three examples of foreshadowing that you chose influenced later events in the book.
3. The book is part of a three-book series. What things towards the end of the book seem to foreshadow events in the third book and what opinions do you have of what will happen in the third book as a result of that foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 2
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)