|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Intelligence is set to unraveling clues left by Karrde's botched mission and repair work, Ferrier is diverted to capturing Han and Lando, and Chimaera tails ____.
2. Ferrier suggests to Lando that they talk about ____.
3. After broaching the subject of Thrawn's treachery on soil detoxification, Leia announces that they must free Khabarakh and steal ____.
4. Mara is dropped off beside Etherway, where ____ is slowly convinced that Mara wants to break out Karrde.
5. When the turbolift car halts in the general alarm, Mara subdues the Imperial passenger, and flees carefully with Luke and Karrde down the track, which is ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
2. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
3. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
4. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
5. Why does Leia feel that the Empire will save her life and what feelings might that be bringing up for her?
6. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
7. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
8. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
9. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
10. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Although the characters listed below are not the main focus in the book, they play important roles. Explain in detail the role that each of the following characters plays in moving the story along:
Essay Topic 3
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)