|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thrawn asks about her long absence, Mara hears in her head that she must kill ____.
2. Leia proposes a small-scale investigation, and Mon Mothma orders Fey'lya to assemble ships and ____.
3. When word comes that another frigate is approaching, Thrawn knows that ____ is aboard.
4. Thrawn learns that the Flacon is at ____.
5. Mara tries to arrange a meeting with Thrawn by identifying herself as The Emperor's ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
2. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
3. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
4. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
5. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
6. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
7. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
8. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
9. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
10. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
Essay Topic 3
C'baoth plays a large role in the book. Describe C'baoth's mental decline throughout the book, using at least five specific examples from the story. Also, explain why you think C'baoth acts the way that he does and what you feel that Luke or the New Republic should do with C'baoth, as a result of his actions and mental instability.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)