|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bel Iblis recalls his raid on ____ , the first time the Empire paid attention.
2. Intelligence is set to unraveling clues left by Karrde's botched mission and repair work, Ferrier is diverted to capturing Han and Lando, and Chimaera tails ____.
3. Finding their way to the hangar bay and fighting off TIE fighters, Luke, Mara and Karrde escape into hyperspace, bound for ____.
4. Luke steals ____ from the pilots in the lounge.
5. The maitrakh talks about losing ____ sons in Imperial service.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
2. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
3. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
4. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
5. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
6. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
7. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
8. Explain how Leia's actions in this section with regard to purifying the Noghiri home world probably saved Leai from capture by Thrawn.
9. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
10. Explain what Sena thinks about the situation with Fey'lya and Ackbar and why Sena feels that way.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
Redemption is a big theme in the book, such as when Han mentions to Fey'lya that it is not too late to back away and drop the lies that Fey'lya is telling about Ackbar.
1. Define what redemption means to you.
2. Explain three places that redemption is mentioned in the book.
3. Give a real life example of someone that you know achieving redemption for something.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)