|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mara dreams about ____ and Luke converging on the Emperor with lightsabers.
2. Unable to bear letting Karrde think she has betrayed him, Mara risks breaking into ____.
3. Leia knows that the Imperials will spare her life so Thrawn can ______.
4. After broaching the subject of Thrawn's treachery on soil detoxification, Leia announces that they must free Khabarakh and steal ____.
5. When Mara enters space, she is caught in a ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
2. Although they were earlier called abominations, droids, namely Artoo, play a huge role in this section of the book. Explain how Artoo comes to look and Mara's rescue in this section.
3. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
4. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
5. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
6. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
7. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
8. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
9. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
10. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many bad decisions are made throughout the book. Choose any one of the following characters and describe a major bad decision which that character made and how it influenced the story. Then describe how you would have changed things if you were in that character's place.
2. Bel Iblis
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 3
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)