|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sena asks Han to convince Mon Mothma to invite ____ to join the New Republic.
2. The argument with Wedge is interrupted by the appearance of the Star Destroyer ____.
3. Five days out of Coruscant, the first expedition comes out of hyperspace, spots ____ and deploys the X-wing.
4. When the turbolift car halts in the general alarm, Mara subdues the Imperial passenger, and flees carefully with Luke and Karrde down the track, which is ____.
5. C'baoth launches ____ from his fingertips, which Luke blocks with his lightsaber.
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is a major theme in the book.
1: List three examples of foreshadowing in the story.
2: Explain how the three examples of foreshadowing that you chose influenced later events in the book.
3. The book is part of a three-book series. What things towards the end of the book seem to foreshadow events in the third book and what opinions do you have of what will happen in the third book as a result of that foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 2
Bel Iblis plays a fairly large role in the plot of the book.
1. Who is Bel Iblis and what connection did he have to the formation of the Rebellion and then the New Republic?
2. Why has Bel Iblis been in hiding?
3. How did Bel Iblis discover information about the Katana Fleet.
4. If you were Bel Iblis, what would you do with regards to rejoining the Rebellion/New Republic and why? How would you go about doing so?
Essay Topic 3
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)