|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde declares that ____ will benefit from Karrde's release.
2. On Coruscant, Karrde explains again that his assumption that he was the only one to record the coordinates 15 years ago is wrong and that ____ also could have.
3. When Thrawn asks about her long absence, Mara hears in her head that she must kill ____.
4. Luke steals ____ from the pilots in the lounge.
5. Leia realizes that "thirdson" means ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
2. Why does Thrawn want to head Leia off at Endor?
3. Making a final survey of the ship before retiring, Thrawn takes in stride Pellaeon's report that the Falcon is being put into vehicle deep storage, but reacts to what news and in what way?
4. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
5. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
6. How does the Force help LUke when he reaches the Katana Fleet and what are the ramifications of that?
7. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
8. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
9. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
10. Explain why Lando does not think Bel Iblis is being totally honest about what he's been up to during the time that Bel Iblis was missing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bel Iblis plays a fairly large role in the plot of the book.
1. Who is Bel Iblis and what connection did he have to the formation of the Rebellion and then the New Republic?
2. Why has Bel Iblis been in hiding?
3. How did Bel Iblis discover information about the Katana Fleet.
4. If you were Bel Iblis, what would you do with regards to rejoining the Rebellion/New Republic and why? How would you go about doing so?
Essay Topic 2
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
Essay Topic 3
Glory and power are key themes in the story. Explain how each of the following characters was seeking power in the story using at least two examples per character.
4. Bel Iblis
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)