|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hans' captor, Irenez, hands his effects to a taller and authoritative woman named ____.
2. ____ is the number of dreadnaughts that drop out of hyperspace.
3. Mount ____ is the name of the place where Thrawn is recruiting allies with warships and building up his operation.
4. Bringing Lando into the conversation, Han asks about Bel Iblis' relations with ____.
5. ____ is Karrde's first name.
Short Essay Questions
1. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
2. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
3. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
4. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
5. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
6. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
7. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
8. Explain how Ferrier's presence in the first section of the book reinforces Thrawn's plan.
9. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
10. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)