|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han wants to look for links regarding the money entering ____.
2. New Cov is a planet prospering on exports of biomolecules harvested from ____.
3. Luke visits Artoo that night, worried that, as at ____ , things are not as he expects.
4. The notorious spaceship thief's name is ____.
5. ____ funds were deposited into an account suspiciously, causing the house arrest incident.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Bel Iblis' circumstances since being believed dead.
2. Explain C'baoth's lesson to Luke about pain.
3. Explain how Ferrier's presence in the first section of the book reinforces Thrawn's plan.
4. Explain Han's capture and how it reflects badly on Borsk Fey'lya.
5. Explain the significance of the piece of Corellian artwork that Thrawn is inspecting that startles Pellaeon.
6. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
7. What do you think of Ferrier's moral character in the first section of the book? How did that backfire on him?
8. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
9. Explain Leia's feelings about how the Noghiri are treating her.
10. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 2
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)