|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde says he stumbled upon the Katana Fleet ____ years ago.
2. C'baoth is a Jedi _____.
3. While Chewie and 3CPO make repairs, Leia suddenly ____.
4. C'baoth leads Luke to the village for a real-life lesson, leaving Artoo behind, since droids are ____.
5. On Jomark, Luke feels that a volcanic lake on the south shore is right for a reclusive ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Han's moral character like, based on chapters three and four?
2. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
3. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
4. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
5. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
6. Explain C'baoth's lesson to Luke about pain.
7. Explain Han's capture and how it reflects badly on Borsk Fey'lya.
8. Explain Leia's feelings about how the Noghiri are treating her.
9. Explain the significance of the piece of Corellian artwork that Thrawn is inspecting that startles Pellaeon.
10. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, there is a conflict between two groups. Compare and contrast that conflict to any major conflict in real life. How does the book mirror real life events and what lessons does the book try to teach about those real life events?
Essay Topic 3
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)