|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde tells Mara about the Dark Force also known as ____ .
2. Han wants to look for links regarding the money entering ____.
3. Although C'baoth feels the tremor, he senses no danger towards ____.
4. Leia's departure from the Noghiris' village is thwarted by the arrival of ____.
5. C'baoth leads Luke to the village for a real-life lesson, leaving Artoo behind, since droids are ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Han and Lando are confronted with a Star Destroyer in space?
2. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
3. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
4. Explain Bel Iblis' circumstances since being believed dead.
5. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
6. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
7. Explain Leia's feelings about how the Noghiri are treating her.
8. Explain C'baoth's lesson to Luke about pain.
9. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
10. Explain how Ferrier's presence in the first section of the book reinforces Thrawn's plan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 3
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)