|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han wants to look for links regarding the money entering ____.
2. Luke sees a rustic village and a ____ perched on the rim.
3. Luke decides that he must go to ____ to see about C'baoth.
4. Although C'baoth is called Master on Jomark, he longs for planet ____.
5. ____ is Han's last name.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
2. Explain the significance of the piece of Corellian artwork that Thrawn is inspecting that startles Pellaeon.
3. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
4. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
5. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
6. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
7. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
8. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
9. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
10. Explain how Mara's role in things to come is foreshadowed in this section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus Evil is a main theme of the story. Choose three characters from the story, including one that is evil in your opinion, another that is good in your opinion and finally, one that is neutral in your opinion. Write about two examples per character from the story that illustrate why you made those choices.
Essay Topic 2
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)