|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han tails Breil'lya while Lando goes for ____.
2. C'baoth wants to win over Luke to help him punish ____.
3. When a Barabel and a ____ face off with blasters, Luke is enlisted to mediate.
4. The crisis over Ackbar is endangering the ____.
5. Leia's departure from the Noghiris' village is thwarted by the arrival of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
2. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
3. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
4. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
5. Why does Luke seem a bit unsure at first about whether or not he should try looking for C'baoth and how does he use Leai's assistant, Winter, to make up his mind?
6. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
7. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
8. Explain Mara Jade's unique talents.
9. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
10. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 3
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)