|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is Karrde's first name.
2. Han tails Breil'lya while Lando goes for ____.
3. Han lets slip that a Grand Admiral heads the ____.
4. ____ is the name of the bounty hunter that Mara kills.
5. ____ is the first survivor of Sluis Van to return.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
2. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
3. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
4. Why isn't Thrawn upset when Luke and Mara escape wit Karrde on the Falcon?
5. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
6. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
7. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
8. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
9. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
10. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is a conflict between two groups. Compare and contrast that conflict to any major conflict in real life. How does the book mirror real life events and what lessons does the book try to teach about those real life events?
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
This section contains 2,071 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)