|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Khabarakh is the sole surviving member of commando team ____.
2. The voyage with Khabarakh takes ____ to complete.
3. C'baoth leads Luke to the village for a real-life lesson, leaving Artoo behind, since droids are ____.
4. Khabarakh is impressed that Leia is ____ 's daughter.
5. The Katana Fleet was lost ten years before the ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Han's capture and how it reflects badly on Borsk Fey'lya.
2. Explain how Mara's role in things to come is foreshadowed in this section.
3. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
4. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
5. Explain the significance of the piece of Corellian artwork that Thrawn is inspecting that startles Pellaeon.
6. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
7. Do you think that Pellaeon respects Grand Admiral Thrawn?
8. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
9. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
10. What is Han's moral character like, based on chapters three and four?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
C'baoth plays a large role in the book. Describe C'baoth's mental decline throughout the book, using at least five specific examples from the story. Also, explain why you think C'baoth acts the way that he does and what you feel that Luke or the New Republic should do with C'baoth, as a result of his actions and mental instability.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)