|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is Lando's last name.
2. C'baoth leads Luke to a building where Svan and ____ are about to kill one another.
3. ____ is Karrde's first name.
4. Death's Head will meet Han at ____.
5. Threepio laments not numbering Noghri among his six million ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
2. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
3. What is Han's moral character like, based on chapters three and four?
4. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
5. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
6. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
7. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
8. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
9. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
10. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 2
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Many bad decisions are made throughout the book. Choose any one of the following characters and describe a major bad decision which that character made and how it influenced the story. Then describe how you would have changed things if you were in that character's place.
2. Bel Iblis
This section contains 2,143 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)