|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is Han married to.
2. Han decides to go to ____ to investigate the money incident.
3. Annoyed at not catching Khabarakh red-handed, ____ orders Khabarakh reassigned.
4. ____ is the name of Thrawn's ship.
5. Han tails Breil'lya while Lando goes for ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
2. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
3. What do you think of Ferrier's moral character in the first section of the book? How did that backfire on him?
4. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
5. Explain the significance of the piece of Corellian artwork that Thrawn is inspecting that startles Pellaeon.
6. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
7. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
8. Do you think that Pellaeon respects Grand Admiral Thrawn?
9. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
10. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Redemption is a big theme in the book, such as when Han mentions to Fey'lya that it is not too late to back away and drop the lies that Fey'lya is telling about Ackbar.
1. Define what redemption means to you.
2. Explain three places that redemption is mentioned in the book.
3. Give a real life example of someone that you know achieving redemption for something.
Essay Topic 2
C'baoth plays a large role in the book. Describe C'baoth's mental decline throughout the book, using at least five specific examples from the story. Also, explain why you think C'baoth acts the way that he does and what you feel that Luke or the New Republic should do with C'baoth, as a result of his actions and mental instability.
Essay Topic 3
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)