|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is the planet where Thrawn's operation is based.
2. The Katana Fleet was lost ten years before the ____.
3. When the Falcon arrives at Endor, Endor's moon is ____.
4. Leia asks if their orbit has passed through the point at which the ____ exploded five years earlier.
5. ____ is the name of the squdron that Han says engaged TIE Fighters.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
2. Explain C'baoth's lesson to Luke about pain.
3. What do you think of Ferrier's moral character in the first section of the book? How did that backfire on him?
4. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
5. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
6. What is Han's moral character like, based on chapters three and four?
7. Explain Han's capture and how it reflects badly on Borsk Fey'lya.
8. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
9. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
10. Explain Leia's feelings about how the Noghiri are treating her.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Glory and power are key themes in the story. Explain how each of the following characters was seeking power in the story using at least two examples per character.
4. Bel Iblis
Essay Topic 3
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)