|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leia's departure from the Noghiris' village is thwarted by the arrival of ____.
2. When a Barabel and a ____ face off with blasters, Luke is enlisted to mediate.
3. ____ is the name of the bounty hunter that Mara kills.
4. ____ is the first survivor of Sluis Van to return.
5. Alone with Pellaeon, Thrawn orders Khabarakh to be ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
2. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
3. Explain the significance of the piece of Corellian artwork that Thrawn is inspecting that startles Pellaeon.
4. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
5. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
6. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
7. Explain how Ferrier's presence in the first section of the book reinforces Thrawn's plan.
8. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
9. Explain Mara Jade's unique talents.
10. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Having read the entire book, explain three lessons that you feel that the book tries to teach and use examples of each from the book to back up your response. Then give at least one example each of how those lessons could be applied to real life. Over all, do you think that the book delivers any important messages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)