|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bel Iblis' headquarters has moved ____ times in 7 years.
2. C'baoth leads Luke to the village for a real-life lesson, leaving Artoo behind, since droids are ____.
3. Thrawn orders Karrde to be found because, if there are ____ to be found, Karrde will know where.
4. Death's Head will meet Han at ____.
5. ____ was smuggled inside the TIE fighters.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Bel Iblis' circumstances since being believed dead.
2. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
3. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
4. How do you think that the expedition to find the Katana Fleet will go, based on what is learned about this expedition in this section?
5. Explain how Mara's role in things to come is foreshadowed in this section.
6. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
7. What happens when Mara and Thrawn meet at Endor?
8. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
9. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
10. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
Essay Topic 2
The Noghiri view Vader as their benefactor and, since Vader left them in Thrawn's care, they also respect Thrawn's rule. Yet, Leia sees that the Noghiri are really slaves to Thrawn and the Empire. This proves that there are at least two sides to every story.
1. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from the Noghiri point of view.
2. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Leia's point of view.
3. Write a few paragraphs about the situation between the Noghiri and Vader from Thrawn's point of view.
4. From your own point of view, what would you do about the situation, if anything. If you had to leave the situation as it is with Thrawn ruling the Noghiri, why would you do so?
Essay Topic 3
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 2,088 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)