|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. C'baoth wants to win over Luke to help him punish ____.
2. Threepio laments not numbering Noghri among his six million ____.
3. Visitors are announced to the clan ____.
4. Thrawn is giving the Noghri one last chance to kidnap ____.
5. Fey'lya's assistant's name is ____ Breil'lya.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think of Ferrier's moral character in the first section of the book? How did that backfire on him?
2. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
3. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
4. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
5. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
6. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
7. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
8. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
9. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
10. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character that you identify with most in the story. Use at least three examples from your own life and at least three from the book to explain why you feel so close to that character.
Essay Topic 3
Good versus Evil is a main theme of the story. Choose three characters from the story, including one that is evil in your opinion, another that is good in your opinion and finally, one that is neutral in your opinion. Write about two examples per character from the story that illustrate why you made those choices.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)