|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Visitors are announced to the clan ____.
2. Threepio is telling stories to a group of children and Khabarakh is teaching Chewie ____.
3. Wild Karrde lands on planet ____ and the crew sets up headquarters in town.
4. ____ is the name of the bounty hunter that Mara kills.
5. C'baoth wants to train Leia's twins personally and complete ____ 's training.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
2. Explain the twisted view that the Noghiri take of Darth Vader and the empire.
3. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
4. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
5. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
6. Explain Mara Jade's unique talents.
7. Why does Luke seem a bit unsure at first about whether or not he should try looking for C'baoth and how does he use Leai's assistant, Winter, to make up his mind?
8. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
9. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
10. Explain how Ferrier's presence in the first section of the book reinforces Thrawn's plan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus Evil is a main theme of the story. Choose three characters from the story, including one that is evil in your opinion, another that is good in your opinion and finally, one that is neutral in your opinion. Write about two examples per character from the story that illustrate why you made those choices.
Essay Topic 2
Having read the entire book, explain three lessons that you feel that the book tries to teach and use examples of each from the book to back up your response. Then give at least one example each of how those lessons could be applied to real life. Over all, do you think that the book delivers any important messages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)