|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han suspects that Ackbar was set up by ____.
2. C'baoth feels a tremor in the ____.
3. Bel Iblis' headquarters has moved ____ times in 7 years.
4. C'baoth wants to train Leia's twins personally and complete ____ 's training.
5. Threepio is telling stories to a group of children and Khabarakh is teaching Chewie ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
2. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
3. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
4. Explain Han's capture and how it reflects badly on Borsk Fey'lya.
5. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
6. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
7. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
8. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
9. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
10. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
This section contains 2,110 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)