|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leia asks if their orbit has passed through the point at which the ____ exploded five years earlier.
2. Fey'lya's assistant's name is ____ Breil'lya.
3. Khabarakh is impressed that Leia is ____ 's daughter.
4. Karrde's ship is called the ____ Karrde.
5. Bel Iblis' headquarters has moved ____ times in 7 years.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Sena's request to Han about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma is a bit strange and what questions it raises.
2. How does the book end, according to Luke's discovery?
3. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
4. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
5. Fey'lya charges that Han wants the glory of presenting the Katana fleet to bring about Fey'lya's downfall and Ackbar's restoration. Han insists that he wants justice. Which of the two do you agree with?
6. Explain how Leia gets the upper hand over Fey'lya during the battle to get the Katana Fleet back.
7. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
8. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
9. Explain how the maitrakh's talk about losing four sons to Imperial service influences Leia's attitudes and actions in this section.
10. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
Essay Topic 1
C'baoth plays a large role in the book. Describe C'baoth's mental decline throughout the book, using at least five specific examples from the story. Also, explain why you think C'baoth acts the way that he does and what you feel that Luke or the New Republic should do with C'baoth, as a result of his actions and mental instability.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, there is a conflict between two groups. Compare and contrast that conflict to any major conflict in real life. How does the book mirror real life events and what lessons does the book try to teach about those real life events?
Essay Topic 3
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
This section contains 2,177 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)