Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is Lando's last name.
2. C'baoth leads Luke to a building where Svan and ____ are about to kill one another.
3. ____ is Karrde's first name.
4. Death's Head will meet Han at ____.
5. Threepio laments not numbering Noghri among his six million ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
2. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
3. What is Han's moral character like, based on chapters three and four?
4. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
5. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
6. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
7. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
8. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
9. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
10. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
Glory and power are key themes in the story. Explain how each of the following characters was seeking power in the story using at least two examples per character.
4. Bel Iblis
Inner conflict is a big problem throughout the book, especially for Mara.
1. What is Mara's inner conflict as far as the Empire goes and what causes her to make up her mind about the Empire ultimately?
2. What is the conflict for Mara regarding dealing with Luke Skywalker?
3. What do you think Mara should do or will do in the third book of the series, regarding Luke and her own dealings with the Empire and why?
Good versus Evil is a main theme of the story. Choose three characters from the story, including one that is evil in your opinion, another that is good in your opinion and finally, one that is neutral in your opinion. Write about two examples per character from the story that illustrate why you made those choices.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)