|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The notorious spaceship thief's name is ____.
2. The senator that Han meets is named ____ Bel Iblis.
3. C'baoth feels a tremor in the ____.
4. When a Barabel and a ____ face off with blasters, Luke is enlisted to mediate.
5. New Cov is a planet prospering on exports of biomolecules harvested from ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Luke's opinion of C'baoth and Mara's opinion of C'baoth differ.
2. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
3. How does Fey'lya handle the battle over the Katana Fleet?
4. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
5. Explain how the Noghiri almost arrest Leia and how Leia avoids arrest.
6. What happens to Mara when she gets the Etherway out of impoundment and how is it ironic?
7. Explain C'baoth's lesson to Luke about pain.
8. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
9. What are Karrde's motivations for helping Leia and her party recover the Katana Fleet before Fey'lya can get to it?
10. Explain the deceptive message that Lando receives from Luke via Winter and the ensuing discussion about the price of the Katana Fleet.
Essay Topic 1
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 2
C'baoth plays a large role in the book. Describe C'baoth's mental decline throughout the book, using at least five specific examples from the story. Also, explain why you think C'baoth acts the way that he does and what you feel that Luke or the New Republic should do with C'baoth, as a result of his actions and mental instability.
Essay Topic 3
In the book, there is an implication that Thrawn is on the side of bad and the New Republic characters, like Luke, Han, and Leia are on the side of right. Do you agree with that implication in a broader sense? In other words, do you think that any conflict has a clear good and a clear bad side? Why or why not? Use several examples from the book as well as several from real life to back up your answer.
This section contains 2,132 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)