|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Chewie and 3CPO make repairs, Leia suddenly ____.
2. When Luke meets C'baoth, Luke worries about C'baoth's sudden____.
3. ____ is the fighter type that Luke has.
4. Thrawn has placed a rich bounty on ____.
5. Han suspects that Ackbar was set up by ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
2. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
3. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
4. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
5. What do you think of Ferrier's moral character in the first section of the book? How did that backfire on him?
6. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
7. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
8. Why does Luke seem a bit unsure at first about whether or not he should try looking for C'baoth and how does he use Leai's assistant, Winter, to make up his mind?
9. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
10. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 2
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a major theme in the book.
1: List three examples of foreshadowing in the story.
2: Explain how the three examples of foreshadowing that you chose influenced later events in the book.
3. The book is part of a three-book series. What things towards the end of the book seem to foreshadow events in the third book and what opinions do you have of what will happen in the third book as a result of that foreshadowing?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)