Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is Lando's last name.
2. C'baoth leads Luke to a building where Svan and ____ are about to kill one another.
3. ____ is Karrde's first name.
4. Death's Head will meet Han at ____.
5. Threepio laments not numbering Noghri among his six million ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
2. On Coruscant, what does Karrde say about his discovery of the Katana Fleet and how do Mon Mothma and Fey'lya take the news?
3. What is Han's moral character like, based on chapters three and four?
4. Mara seems to be only interested in her own self-preservation, except where Talon Karrde is concerned. Why do you think that Mara cares so much for Talon Karrde?
5. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
6. What is Leia's relationship with the Noghiri?
7. Do you think that Leia is right to feel guilty when Thrawn confronts Khabarakh?
8. Explain how Luke and Mara go about the process of rescuing Karrde.
9. Explain the deal that Thrawn makes with Mara involving giving Mara time to talk to Karrde and how it affects Mara's opinion of the Empire.
10. How would you describe the mental state of Mara Jade up to this point in the book?
Essay Topic 1
Glory and power are key themes in the story. Explain how each of the following characters was seeking power in the story using at least two examples per character.
4. Bel Iblis
Essay Topic 2
The Force is a big part of the book.
1. What is the Force?
2. Who uses the Force in the story?
3. Explain three detailed uses of the Force in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)