|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke visits Artoo that night, worried that, as at ____ , things are not as he expects.
2. ____ funds were deposited into an account suspiciously, causing the house arrest incident.
3. Han decides to go to ____ to investigate the money incident.
4. Luke sees a rustic village and a ____ perched on the rim.
5. ____ is the name of the squdron that Han says engaged TIE Fighters.
Short Essay Questions
1. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
2. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
3. Do you think that the Imperials respect C'baoth because they call him Master?
4. Do you think that Pellaeon respects Grand Admiral Thrawn?
5. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
6. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
7. Explain the twisted view that the Noghiri take of Darth Vader and the empire.
8. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
9. Why does Luke seem concerned when he meets C'baoth?
10. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bel Iblis plays a fairly large role in the plot of the book.
1. Who is Bel Iblis and what connection did he have to the formation of the Rebellion and then the New Republic?
2. Why has Bel Iblis been in hiding?
3. How did Bel Iblis discover information about the Katana Fleet.
4. If you were Bel Iblis, what would you do with regards to rejoining the Rebellion/New Republic and why? How would you go about doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)