|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. C'baoth has sensed another surviving Jedi, ____ .
2. The Katana Fleet was lost ten years before the ____.
3. When Luke meets C'baoth, Luke worries about C'baoth's sudden____.
4. Han tails Breil'lya while Lando goes for ____.
5. ____ is the name of the squdron that Han says engaged TIE Fighters.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Admiral Ackbar under house arrest?
2. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
3. What happens when Han and Lando are confronted with a Star Destroyer in space?
4. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
5. Explain Han's capture and how it reflects badly on Borsk Fey'lya.
6. Explain why C'baoth is acting strange with regard to wanting to complete Luke and Leia's Jedi training, as well as that of Leia's children.
7. What is the Katana Fleet and who knows about it?
8. Explain the strange relationship between the Empire and the New Republic on New Cov.
9. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
10. How do ethics play a role in this section of the book.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Redemption is a big theme in the book, such as when Han mentions to Fey'lya that it is not too late to back away and drop the lies that Fey'lya is telling about Ackbar.
1. Define what redemption means to you.
2. Explain three places that redemption is mentioned in the book.
3. Give a real life example of someone that you know achieving redemption for something.
Essay Topic 2
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)