|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bel Iblis was rumored dead at ____.
2. C'baoth wants to train Leia's twins personally and complete ____ 's training.
3. ____ is Leia's assistant.
4. C'baoth wants to win over Luke to help him punish ____.
5. C'baoth refuses at present to talk about the ____ mission, which he alone survived.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
2. Do you think that Pellaeon respects Grand Admiral Thrawn?
3. Explain the role that Talon Karrde plays in the first section of the book.
4. Explain Leia's attachment to Endor and the good and bad feelings that she has when she arrives there.
5. Explain the twisted view that the Noghiri take of Darth Vader and the empire.
6. Why does Luke seem a bit unsure at first about whether or not he should try looking for C'baoth and how does he use Leai's assistant, Winter, to make up his mind?
7. What is Leia's attitude when the maitrakh describes why the planet is in debt to Vader and the Empire.
8. Explain Mara Jade's unique talents.
9. What happens when Han and Lando are confronted with a Star Destroyer in space?
10. Pellaeon is nervous about C'baoth's obedience, but Thrawn is not because of what factors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using several examples from the story, explain which character you feel changed the most throughout the book. Also, do the same for the character that you feel changed the least. Be sure to clearly explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Leia is pregnant with twins that Thrawn wants.
1. How might Leia's pregnancy have affected her sense of self-preservation?
2. Do you feel that Leia handled the situations that arose throughout the book differently because of her Force sensitivity or the knowledge that her children would be Force sensitive? If not, why not? If so, in what ways?
3. What do you think Thrawn would do to Leia or her children if Thrawn were to catch them?
Essay Topic 3
Although the characters listed below are not the main focus in the book, they play important roles. Explain in detail the role that each of the following characters plays in moving the story along:
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)