|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is the first survivor of Sluis Van to return.
2. Thrawn has placed a rich bounty on ____.
3. Hans' captor, Irenez, hands his effects to a taller and authoritative woman named ____.
4. ____ is the fighter type that Luke has.
5. Chewie stows ____ in a large hanging dish and scrambles into a booth.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Khabarakh and Chewie dislike each other?
2. Describe Thrawn's apparent goal, according to chapters 1 and 2.
3. Explain how Mara's role in things to come is foreshadowed in this section.
4. Why does Luke seem a bit unsure at first about whether or not he should try looking for C'baoth and how does he use Leai's assistant, Winter, to make up his mind?
5. Explain C'baoth's lesson to Luke about pain.
6. Who is Joruus C'baoth?
7. Who do you think is right about Ackbar, Han Solo, or Fey'lya?
8. Explain Han's reaction to meeting General Garm Bel Iblis.
9. Explain Leia's feelings about how the Noghiri are treating her.
10. What happens when Han and Lando are confronted with a Star Destroyer in space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thrawn seems cold and calculated throughout the book. He has a plan and seems to know how to implement it. However, everyone has a weakness.
1. What do you feel that Thrawn's weakness is and why? Use at least three specific examples from the book to back your answer up.
2. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were a member of the New Republic?
3. How would you exploit Thrawn's weakness if you were Pellaeon and clearly want to escape from Thrawn's rule?
Essay Topic 2
Besides good versus evil, list three main themes that ran throughout the book and give at least two examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Talon Karrde strives to remain neutral in the conflict between the Empire and the New Republic. Do you feel that he succeeded prior to being rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Do you feel that the same was true after he was rescued by Luke and Mara? Why or why not? Use at least two examples from early on in the book and two from later in the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)