|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While sitting in the dryad's tree, Rincewind learns Twoflower's location . Where has Twoflower gone?
2. What is the Soul Eater's number?
3. As the two men approach on horseback from the twin cities, which one is lagging behind as if he's never ridden a horse before?
4. What is Rimbow?
5. As he wanders through the temple, what is Twoflower fascinated by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hrun end up at the Temple of Bel-Shamharoth?
2. Why is the Patrician ordered to kill Twoflower?
3. What does the picture box's imp tell Twoflower about the temple?
4. Why is Rerpf concerned about the city's reputation?
5. Why does Twoflower pack water in the Luggage for his trip?
6. While Rincewind is struggling to escape the Luggage, what does the imp tell Rincewind?
7. As Rincewind concludes his tale, what puzzles Bravd?
8. What do the game pieces in the gods' game look like?
9. Why does the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork insist that Rincewind acts as Twoflower's guide?
10. As the fire is burning at the beginning of the Chapter One, why are the citizens demolishing bridges?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Rincewind's loyalties, for instance, lie with himself and his loyalty only goes as deep as his pockets. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Rincewind, the Luggage, and Hrun. Support your observations.
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the story, Rincewind's wizardry skills come into question. Describe Rincewind's magical capabilities. How do his magical capabilities both help and hinder the situations that he and Twoflower find themselves in? Provide specific examples. How does being called a "gutter wizard" effect Rincewind's self-esteem, confidence, and willingness to prove himself a "real" magician? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Before arriving in Ankh-Morpork, Twoflower was a risk agent in Bes Palargic.
a. Name and describe the product Twoflower sold while in Bes Palargic.
b. How does Twoflower's previous job enhance the character development to this point of both Twoflower and Rincewind?
c. What does this information from Twoflower's past foreshadow in Twoflower's future?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)