|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Twoflower's ship dock?
2. Who is the Grand Vizier of the Golden Empire?
3. How does the great turtle move through space?
4. As Twoflower wanders through the temple, what sound does he hear?
5. What or who is Dunmanifestin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rincewind and Twoflower get separated on the road to Chirm?
2. What is the Luggage made from?
3. Why is it so hard to determine the most impressive sight in Discworld?
4. What does the reader learn from witnessing the gods' game in progress?
5. What does the bronze octagon on Rincewind's clothing signify?
6. What does Rincewind notice about the box when taking people's pictures?
7. What does the picture box's imp tell Twoflower about the temple?
8. As the fire is burning at the beginning of the Chapter One, why are the citizens demolishing bridges?
9. How does Hrun end up at the Temple of Bel-Shamharoth?
10. Why is the Patrician ordered to kill Twoflower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the story, Rincewind and Twoflower have been away from Ankh-Morpork for six months. How have both characters been changed from the beginning of the story? Provide specific examples. How has the relationship between these two men changed from the beginning of the story? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Before arriving in Ankh-Morpork, Twoflower was a risk agent in Bes Palargic.
a. Name and describe the product Twoflower sold while in Bes Palargic.
b. How does Twoflower's previous job enhance the character development to this point of both Twoflower and Rincewind?
c. What does this information from Twoflower's past foreshadow in Twoflower's future?
Essay Topic 3
The Lady is a force in moving the story forward.
a. Describe the Lady in terms of who she is, what she believes, and what her motivations are.
b. How does the Lady interfere with Discworld events to bring about the larger picture? What is the larger picture?
c. Why is the Lady integral to the story? Support your answer.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)