Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind call gold's magical quality?
2. At the end of the Prologue, who first notices smoke rising over the land?
3. After the skirmish between Rincewind and Withel, who is trapped inside the Luggage?
4. In the Prologue, where is the noticed smoke coming from?
5. What is the dryad's name who rescues Rincewind, then holds him prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the captain of the ship that rescued Twoflower and Rincewind tell his men to get into the raft and set the ship on fire?
2. How does the troll at the Edge of Discworld furnish his home and obtain most of his belongings?
3. Why is the Patrician ordered to kill Twoflower?
4. Why does the Lady not have a temple built in her honor?
5. As Rincewind concludes his tale, what puzzles Bravd?
6. What do the game pieces in the gods' game look like?
7. Why can't the researchers answer their questions regarding the great turtle's gender?
8. After completing the mortal combat and as Hrun is taking the wine cup from Liessa, he suddenly disappears. Why?
9. As Rincewind concludes his tale, what puzzles Rincewind?
10. Why does Rincewind tell the dragon rider that he will never surrender?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Rincewind's loyalties, for instance, lie with himself and his loyalty only goes as deep as his pockets. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Rincewind, the Luggage, and Hrun. Support your observations.
Essay Topic 2
Many people bring cameras on vacation to record their travels, as did Twoflower. What makes Twoflower's picture box unique? How does Twoflower's picture box affect the people around him? The author chose to give Twoflower the picture box. Why? What was the author's intent? What is the author communicating to the reader by virtue of this camera?
Essay Topic 3
Before arriving in Ankh-Morpork, Twoflower was a risk agent in Bes Palargic.
a. Name and describe the product Twoflower sold while in Bes Palargic.
b. How does Twoflower's previous job enhance the character development to this point of both Twoflower and Rincewind?
c. What does this information from Twoflower's past foreshadow in Twoflower's future?
This section contains 1,639 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)