|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zlorf Flannelfoot?
2. Why does Rincewind take most of the pictures during the tour of the city with Twoflower?
3. Who is the chief of the gods?
4. After the Luggage prevents Rincewind from jumping into the river, how does the imp suggest that Rincewind finds Twoflower?
5. As the two men leave the burning city, why is Rincewind amazed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bronze octagon on Rincewind's clothing signify?
2. Why is Greicha not dead yet, even though he is old and Liessa has already killed him?
3. What does Withel insist upon as he confronts Rincewind?
4. Rincewind realizes that he has not been rescued by the dryad, but has been captured. What are the dryad's plans for Rincewind?
5. Having been challenged to a fight, both of the brother combatants can choose their own weapons. What do they choose and why?
6. How do Rincewind and Twoflower escape from Withel?
7. How do Rincewind and Twoflower get separated on the road to Chirm?
8. What is the hooded figure's reply when Rincewind mocks him as Twoflower and Rincewind are boarding the vessel?
9. What happens when Hrun tosses a coin into the air as the travelers are resting in the field?
10. When Rincewind rescues Hrun's sword from the tree the sword is stuck in, what does the sword tell Rincewind?
Essay Topic 1
Twoflower is described early in the novel as a naïve tourist. In fact, his naïvety is shown throughout events that transpire, as well as how Twoflower reacts to the various events that take place.
a. Describe how Twoflower's naïvety affects his outlook, perceptions, and moral code.
b. How does Twoflower's life inexperience both help and hinder the resolution of situations he finds himself in? Provide concrete examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, Death pays several visits to Rincewind. Describe the relationship between these two characters. How do the events of the gods' game impact Death's attempts to collect Rincewind's soul? Is Death affected by his inability to collect Rincewind? If so, how? Is Rincewind affected by Death's inability to collect his soul? If so, how? Why does the author include this subplot in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Before arriving in Ankh-Morpork, Twoflower was a risk agent in Bes Palargic.
a. Name and describe the product Twoflower sold while in Bes Palargic.
b. How does Twoflower's previous job enhance the character development to this point of both Twoflower and Rincewind?
c. What does this information from Twoflower's past foreshadow in Twoflower's future?
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)