|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the lesser demon tries to kill Rincewind?
(a) Rincewind uses his magic spell.
(b) Rincewind kills the lesser demon.
(c) Rincewind dies.
(d) Rincewind disappears.
2. While reminiscing with Hrun in the dungeon cell, what does Twoflower hear?
(b) Sword fighting.
(d) Scratching noises.
3. According to the hooded figure, what will Twoflower and Rincewind's lives be like when the vessel arrives?
(a) Comfortable and long.
(b) Dangerous, but long.
(c) Comfortable, but short.
(d) Dangerous and short.
4. After fleeing from the temple, where do Rincewind, Twoflower, and Hrun end up?
5. How are Rincewind and Twoflower being picked up from the Edge?
(a) By the salvage fleet.
(b) By a space ship.
(c) By a flyer.
(d) By a slave ship.
6. What are the pilots of the vessel about to be launched called?
7. When Rincewind and Twoflower are snapped into an alternate universe, where do the two men land?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In a tunnel.
(c) On an island.
(d) On a boat.
8. As Greicha the First's children prepare to battle for the throne, who has determined the rules for succession?
(c) The Loremaster.
(d) The Dragonmaster.
9. In the alternate universe, what is Twoflower's name?
(a) Jack Rjinswand.
(b) Dr. Rjinswand.
(c) Jack Zwieblumen.
(d) Dr. Zwieblumen.
10. What happens to the slave ship after Twoflower and Rincewind escape from it?
(a) It is retrofitted and returns to service.
(b) If falls into the sea at the Gorunna Trench.
(c) It limps back to Krull for repairs.
(d) It is caught in the Circumfence.
11. What do Twoflower and Rincewind learn about their future in the place they're taken to from the vessel?
(a) That they are to become teachers.
(b) That they are to become explorers.
(c) That they are to be sacrifices.
(d) That they are to become great wizards.
12. While imprisoned in the dungeon cell with Hrun, what does Twoflower reminisce about?
(a) His childhood fascination with dragons.
(b) His childhood fascination with magic.
(c) His childhood fascination with princesses.
(d) His childhood fascination with heroes.
13. As Chapter Four opens, Rincewind and Twoflower are bailing out water from their boat. Where have the two men just escaped from?
(a) The alternate universe.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) A slave ship.
(d) A downed plane.
14. When Liessa enters the dungeon cell, what does she do to a sleeping Hrun?
(a) Shakes him awake.
(b) Stabs at him with her dagger.
(c) Slices off his ear.
(d) Binds his wrists.
15. What world is the sea troll from?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the boat nears the Edge, why does Rincewind yell at Twoflower?
2. What is the name of the vessel about to be launched at the end of the book?
3. When Rincewind wakes up after going over the Edge, where is Rincewind?
4. As Rincewind and Twoflower are trying to escape from the dragons, why does Rincewind yell at Twoflower to keep going?
5. When the Rincewind and Twoflower return to the Discworld universe, Luggage also splashes down with them. What does Luggage have?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)