|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the ship begins to move down the rails for launch, how do the original pilots try to derail the ship?
(a) They remove sections of the tracks.
(b) They blow up a section of the tracks.
(c) They try to slow the ship's momentum.
(d) They throw lumber onto the tracks.
2. As Greicha the First's children prepare to battle for the throne, who has determined the rules for succession?
(b) The Dragonmaster.
(d) The Loremaster.
3. When Rincewind and Twoflower are snapped into an alternate universe, where do the two men land?
(a) On an island.
(b) In a garden.
(c) In a tunnel.
(d) On a boat.
4. Prompted by a request from the visitor to his garden, where does Death travel to?
(d) The Edge.
5. Who challenges Rincewind to mortal combat?
6. When Liessa enters the dungeon cell, what does she do to a sleeping Hrun?
(a) Stabs at him with her dagger.
(b) Slices off his ear.
(c) Shakes him awake.
(d) Binds his wrists.
7. When Rincewind wakes up after going over the Edge, where is Rincewind?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In one of the ship's bunks.
(d) In an abyss.
8. As Chapter Four opens, Rincewind and Twoflower are bailing out water from their boat. Where have the two men just escaped from?
(a) A pirate ship.
(b) The alternate universe.
(c) A slave ship.
(d) A downed plane.
9. Which of the combatants does not use a dragon in the mortal combat that Hrun has challenged?
10. When Rincewind asks Death what the true cause of Rincewind's death will be, how does Death respond?
11. According to the hooded figure, what will Twoflower and Rincewind's lives be like when the vessel arrives?
(a) Comfortable and long.
(b) Dangerous and short.
(c) Dangerous, but long.
(d) Comfortable, but short.
12. What is the name of the hooded figure in Chapter 4?
13. What is the name of the vessel about to be launched at the end of the book?
(a) The Phoenix.
(c) The Seeker.
(d) The Potent Voyager.
14. Why are using proxies allowed in the succession battle?
(a) Using proxies shows intelligence.
(b) Using proxies allows Greicha's children to remain unharmed.
(c) Using proxies creates allegiances.
(d) Using proxies limits the danger.
15. What does the old man sitting in the magical energy room tell Twoflower?
(a) That Twoflower will die at the altar.
(b) That Twoflower will live to battle another day.
(c) That Twoflower has the Power.
(d) That Twoflower is the next rightful king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liessa's proxy for the succession battles?
2. Who is summoned by Rincewind in Chapter 4 to explain to Rincewind why he and Twoflower have been chosen for their future role?
3. As the boat nears the Edge, why does Rincewind yell at Twoflower?
4. What happens to most of the sailors who become trapped at the Edge?
5. What world is the sea troll from?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)