|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eisenstein uses eyeglasses as an index for which of the following elements?
2. Who is the second man Deleuze calls a cinematic master of realism?
3. What is the first of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
4. What is the name of the form in which things move from action to situation.
5. Where was Fuller from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Herzog's obsessive themes.
2. What are the five traits of the new image, according to Deleuze?
3. What is the law of index?
4. What relationship with the audience does Deleuze say Hitchcock has?
5. What is colorism?
6. What does the construction of any-space-whatevers allow?
7. What is sensory-motor link?
8. What is eternal return?
9. Why does Deleuze feel that Americans have difficulties with naturalism?
10. What are milieus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the term "any-space-whatevers" mean? How are any-space-whatevers constructed? How do they work with both shadow and Expressionism?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between Husserl and Bergson. Who do you think is right in their conflict about consciousness?
Essay Topic 3
What is naturalism, and what qualities allow a filmmaker to achieve a naturalist piece? Why does Deleuze believe that American filmmakers have so much trouble creating naturalist pieces?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)