|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deleuze credit as the leader of Soviet schools?
2. What country does Deleuze credit with intensive trends?
3. Movement's third subdivision is into which category?
4. What are mobile sections of duration also known as?
5. What is the third role of the face, according to Deleuze?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Deleuze describe Epstein's use of facial dimensions?
2. What is the third level?
3. What does Hitchcock's "The Birds" demonstrate?
4. Why was Eisenstein the leader of Soviet film?
5. How does Deleuze describe objectivity?
6. What roles does Deleuze assign to the face?
7. What did Gance contribute to film?
8. What are the poles of the face?
9. Describe the conflict between Husserl and Bergson.
10. Describe Bergson's third thesis.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is montage significant to film? How does a filmmaker create a montage? Why would a filmmaker want to use a montage? What are the characteristics of a montage in comparison to other types of shots?
Essay Topic 2
What are qualities of Soviet films? In what ways are Soviet films similar to other trends of film? In what ways are Soviet films different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between action-images, perception-images, and affection-images. Then give an example of each type of movement.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)