|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deleuze claim shows feeling toward a cowards face?
2. "Eye of the camera" was coined by who?
3. The alternation of light and shadow replace what opposition?
4. What term is used to describe the use of separate cinematic close-ups from specific places they appear?
5. Bergson referred to the occurrence during the first thesis of movement as which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can a filmmaker show unity of movement?
2. What is reume?
3. Describe the subdivisions of movement.
4. How does Deleuze describe objectivity?
5. What is an affection-image?
6. Describe Griffith's close-up style.
7. What is the third level?
8. Why might a filmmaker want to use a montage?
9. How does Deleuze describe subjectivity?
10. What is the first level describe by Deleuze?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the difference between action-images, perception-images, and affection-images. Then give an example of each type of movement.
Essay Topic 2
What is naturalism, and what qualities allow a filmmaker to achieve a naturalist piece? Why does Deleuze believe that American filmmakers have so much trouble creating naturalist pieces?
Essay Topic 3
Describe both first and second level involved in film making. Explain how a filmmaker can use both the first and second level in unique ways. What should a good filmmaker do during both first and second level preparation to make a successful film?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)