|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Deleuze describe as relating movement to a changing whole?
2. Which of the following was a film by Gance?
3. Which of the following describes a soft camera focus?
4. Who does Deleuze attribute the term "firstness" to?
5. A montage offers what view?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can a filmmaker show unity of movement?
2. What is dicisign?
3. Describe the subdivisions of movement.
4. What is reume?
5. What concept of film does Deleuze seem to have in the introduction to the text?
6. How does Deleuze describe objectivity?
7. Describe Bergson's first thesis.
8. What are the poles of the face?
9. Why was Eisenstein the leader of Soviet film?
10. What is the first level describe by Deleuze?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between objectivity and subjectivity? How are both used in film? How do objectivity and subjectivity relate to affective and active factors?
Essay Topic 2
Bergson had three thesis of movement. Briefly describe each one. Then explain how they are connected and how they are relevant to film.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Keaton and Chaplin in the types of comedy Deleuze describes each as portraying. Which does Deleuze seem to care more for?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)