|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Pierce associate with "Firstness"?
2. Space becomes any-space-whatever through which component?
3. Eisenstein uses eyeglasses as an index for which of the following elements?
4. What nationality was Kurosawa?
5. What is the third of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
(a) Small form.
(b) Absent form.
(c) Large form.
(d) Voyage form.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Fuller from?
2. Deleuze believes that Bunuel's work is characterized by which quality?
3. Charlie Chaplin is used by Deleuze as an example of how a small difference in which element can show a big difference in situation?
4. What does a sensory-motor link use?
5. The laws of organic composition include the laws of what type of movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is colorism?
2. What are second and final domain?
3. How does Eisenstein use an index for transformation?
4. What is burlesque film?
5. What is impulse-image?
6. What characteristics does Deleuze assign to Westerns in Hawks's functionalism?
7. Describe Herzog's obsessive themes.
8. What are the five traits of the new image, according to Deleuze?
9. What words did Pierce associate with the concepts of firstness, secondness, and thirdness?
10. Why does Deleuze feel that Americans have difficulties with naturalism?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)