|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Keaton uses a large gap to reflect what kind of action?
2. Which term describes an environment or setting?
3. The laws of organic composition include the laws of what type of movement?
4. Who does Deleuze credit as extending the realm of cinema to include the audience?
(b) Marx Brothers.
(d) Laurel and Hardy.
5. Charlie Chaplin is used by Deleuze as an example of how a small difference in which element can show a big difference in situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shots does Deleuze attribute to "The Trial of Joan of Arc" when Joan is on trial?
2. Deleuze says that directors often fail at naturalism because they are unable to operate in which of the following?
3. What is the second pole of action-image?
4. What was Herzog's second obsessive theme?
5. Deleuze believes that realism of a film should be inferred from which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is eternal return?
2. Why does Deleuze feel that Americans have difficulties with naturalism?
3. What is a complex entity?
4. Describe the role Deleuze believes acting plays in a film.
5. What is colorism?
6. What is the difference between SAS and ASA?
7. Describe Herzog's obsessive themes.
8. What relationship with the audience does Deleuze say Hitchcock has?
9. What is fragmentation?
10. What is naturalism?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)