|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The laws of organic composition include the laws of what type of movement?
2. A complex entity can be which of the following?
(a) An item used off screen.
(b) Person, thing, character.
(c) Character or person.
(d) Characters who don't come on-screen.
3. What kind of form did Ford use predominately?
4. What is the fourth of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
(a) Cliche consciousness.
(b) Large form.
(d) Condemned consciousness.
5. When did the crisis of action-image begin in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herzog's first obsessive theme?
2. A slight difference in gesture creates a huge difference in laughter, which is referred to with which term?
3. What does lyrical abstraction define?
4. Which of the following does Deleuze describe as encouraging realism?
5. How does Deleuze describe the difference between Bunuel and Stroheim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between SAS and ASA?
2. What is colorism?
3. What is sensory-motor link?
4. Why does Deleuze feel that Americans have difficulties with naturalism?
5. What is fragmentation?
6. What is impulse-image?
7. What are second and final domain?
8. What does the construction of any-space-whatevers allow?
9. Describe the role Deleuze believes acting plays in a film.
10. How does Eisenstein use an index for transformation?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)