|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eisentstein identified privileged instants with what word?
2. An example of a second level shot is which movie, given as an example by Deleuze?
(a) The Goldrush.
(c) The Birds.
(d) Singing in the Rain.
3. What is Eisenstein's close-up style?
4. What does Deleuze say places images in consciousness?
(a) Concentration of image.
(b) Setting of image.
(c) Identity of image.
(d) Shadow of image.
5. Which of the following describes a soft camera focus?
(a) Modified factor.
(b) Active factor.
(c) Sensory factor.
(d) Affective factor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these terms describes a geometrical frame?
2. What is the example used in Bergson's third thesis to demonstrate the point?
3. In second level shots, what is movement determined by?
4. Which of the following is described as the determination of the whole?
5. What does Deleuze say regularly transitions back and forth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bergson's first thesis.
2. What did Gance contribute to film?
3. What does Hitchcock's "The Birds" demonstrate?
4. What does Deleuze attribute to US film?
5. What roles does Deleuze assign to the face?
6. How can a filmmaker show unity of movement?
7. What is an action-image?
8. What is cinematographic illusion?
9. Why was Eisenstein the leader of Soviet film?
10. Compare land versus sea movement.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)