|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Deleuze credit with quantitative trends?
(b) Soviet Union.
2. Which of these terms describes a geometrical frame?
3. What does a close-up identify?
4. What is the example used in Bergson's third thesis to demonstrate the point?
(a) Flour, water, and sugar being mixed.
(b) Hot and cold water mixing.
(c) Tea bags in water creating tea.
(d) Sugar dissolving in water.
5. What term does Deleuze describe as relating movement to a changing whole?
(a) Second level shot.
(c) Unmoving set.
(d) Spectator frontal view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deleuze say has objective and subjective dimensions?
2. The alternation of light and shadow replace what opposition?
3. What film demonstrates how to extinguish the three varieties of movement?
4. Which of the following describes a soft camera focus?
5. Who claimed that conscious "is" something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is phenomenology?
2. What is an action-image?
3. How does Deleuze describe objectivity?
4. What does Deleuze attribute to Soviet film?
5. Describe the conflict between Husserl and Bergson.
6. How does the active factor differ from the affective factor?
7. What is dicisign?
8. Describe Bergson's second thesis.
9. Describe the subdivisions of movement.
10. How does Deleuze describe subjectivity?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)