|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bergson identified which of the following as translation in space?
2. What shows the change from one view to another?
(a) First level shot.
(b) Second level shot.
(d) Exceptional shots.
3. What are mobile sections of duration also known as?
(a) Dissolving images.
(b) Pathetic images.
(c) Movement images.
(d) Perfected images.
4. A set or group of elements that act on the center is known as which term?
5. Frame dovetail to demonstrate what kind of changes?
(a) Frontal changes.
(b) Qualitative changes.
(c) Cutting changes.
(d) Quantitative changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bergson's second thesis includes which of the following?
2. Who does Deleuze claim shows feeling toward a cowards face?
3. Which type of frame occurs when an image passes to the equilibrium?
4. Eisentstein identified privileged instants with what word?
5. Gance's film that is used as an example by Deleuze includes an example of which type of movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first level describe by Deleuze?
2. Describe Bergson's third thesis.
3. What is a perception-image?
4. What is the third level?
5. What is an individual, according to Deleuze?
6. How does Deleuze describe subjectivity?
7. What concept of film does Deleuze seem to have in the introduction to the text?
8. What does Deleuze attribute to Soviet film?
9. Compare land versus sea movement.
10. Why might a filmmaker want to use a montage?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)