|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as aesthetic or landscape?
(a) Final domain.
(c) Transformation index.
(d) Sublime action.
2. Deleuze claims that impression links situation with which other element?
3. Keaton uses a large gap to reflect what kind of action?
4. What is defined as space that can be global or local in conception?
(a) Second domain.
(d) Final domain.
5. What is the name of Ford's film used as an example of the Western genre?
6. What does Deleuze describe as the middle ground between action-image realism and affection-image idealism?
7. Eisenstein used a foggy ship silhouette as which of the following?
(a) Heroic action.
(b) Sublime action.
8. What is the first of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
9. What is the second of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
(a) Cliche condemnation.
(b) Very strong links.
(c) Deliberate weak links.
10. What is the first pole of action-image?
11. What nationality was Kurosawa?
12. According to Deleuze, what is the most important element of naturalism?
13. When did the crisis of action-image begin in Italy?
14. What kind of shots does Deleuze attribute to "The Trial of Joan of Arc" when Joan is on trial?
(a) Medium shots.
(c) Short shots.
(d) Long shots.
15. What is the name of the form in which things move from situation to action?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term describes an environment or setting?
2. What kind of form did Ford use predominately?
3. What does sensory-motor link inspire?
4. Who directed "Heaven and Hell"?
5. Which of the following does Deleuze describe as encouraging realism?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)