|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deleuze says that directors often fail at naturalism because they are unable to operate in which of the following?
2. According to Pierce, nothing is beyond which of the following?
3. When Joan is on trial in "The Trial of Joan of Arc" what kind of shots are used?
(a) Reverse shots.
(b) Medium shots.
(c) Long shots.
(d) Expressionist shots.
4. What word does Pierce associate with "Thirdness"?
5. What is the fifth of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
(a) Plot condemnation.
(b) Strong plots.
(c) Absent plots.
(d) Weak plots.
6. Which of the following does Deleuze describe as encouraging realism?
7. What is the third of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
(a) Small form.
(b) Absent form.
(c) Large form.
(d) Voyage form.
8. What does sensory-motor link inspire?
(b) Organic film.
(c) Behavioral film.
(d) Inspirational film.
9. Space becomes any-space-whatever through which component?
10. What is very common with any-space-whatevers, according to Deleuze?
(b) Pre-war French school.
(d) Organic trends.
11. Deleuze claims that impression links situation with which other element?
12. What is defined as aesthetic or landscape?
(b) Final domain.
(c) Sublime action.
(d) Transformation index.
13. When did the crisis of action-image begin in Italy?
14. What is defined as space that can be global or local in conception?
(a) Second domain.
(c) Final domain.
15. Keaton uses a large gap to reflect what kind of action?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the crisis of action-image begin in France?
2. What is the name of the form in which things move from action to situation.
3. The formula ASA brings out the distance between which of the following?
4. Deleuze claims that in order for behavior to strengthen a sensory-motor link, it must be which of the following?
5. Which adjective does Deleuze use to describe power-qualities?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)