|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directed "Heaven and Hell"?
2. Deleuze claims that in order for behavior to strengthen a sensory-motor link, it must be which of the following?
3. What word does Pierce associate with "Firstness"?
4. What is the name of the form in which things move from situation to action?
5. What does Deleuze say can be achieved by a series of continuity shots?
6. What is the first of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
7. Spirituality affects a close-up in that it removes what from the environment?
8. Eisenstein used a foggy ship silhouette as which of the following?
(b) Sublime action.
(d) Heroic action.
9. Who does Deleuze describe as obsessed with naturalism but unable to use it?
10. Deleuze claims that impression links situation with which other element?
11. What is the name of the film with the lion that Deleuze describes?
(a) The Zoo.
(b) The Cave.
(c) The Circus.
(d) The Cubs.
12. What does Deleuze describe as the middle ground between action-image realism and affection-image idealism?
13. Which term describes an environment or setting?
14. Naturalism refers to how many dimensions?
15. What is the third of five traits of the new image, as designated by Deleuze?
(a) Small form.
(b) Absent form.
(c) Voyage form.
(d) Large form.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deleuze credit as extending the realm of cinema to include the audience?
2. What is the second pole of action-image?
3. What is the name of Herzog's film with a Bavarian landscape?
4. What word does Pierce associate with "Secondness"?
5. Deleuze believes that Bunuel's work is characterized by which quality?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)