|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Movement's first subdivision is into which category?
2. What is the second element of Bergson's third thesis?
3. What does Deleuze describe as matter with dimensions in space?
(c) Qualitative non-extended images.
4. Which of the following is true of a saturated frame?
(a) It offers a spectator frontal view.
(b) It tends to create clear images.
(c) It tends to make images blur.
(d) It passes an image to the equilibrium.
5. What is the second role of the face, according to Deleuze?
6. Bergson referred to the occurrence during the first thesis of movement as which of the following?
(a) False movement.
(b) Cinematographic illusion.
(c) Pirvileged instants.
(d) perfected illusion.
7. What is the first element of Bergson's third thesis?
8. What term is used to designate a frame that isolates and solidifies an image?
(c) Point to point.
9. Who discovered composition of movement as images with organic unity?
10. What does phenomenology study?
11. Who does Deleuze claim shows feeling toward a cowards face?
12. What do "firstness" and "secondness" classify?
13. What term is used to describe the use of separate cinematic close-ups from specific places they appear?
14. Bergson says that what element is not light?
15. Who did Deleuze recognize as the leader of pre-war French?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "cogito" mean?
2. Deuzel presents the idea that who or what is the indeterminate center?
3. What shows the change from one view to another?
4. Which of the following was a film by Gance?
5. In a montage, how often does the camera move?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)