|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a film by Eisenstein?
2. Bergson says that what element is not light?
3. What is the second element of Bergson's third thesis?
4. What was the first book about film written by Deleuze?
(a) Philosophy 1.
(b) Shots 1.
(c) Cinema 1.
(d) Film 1.
5. Who did Deleuze recognize as the leader of pre-war French?
6. In a montage, how often does the camera move?
(b) Only in exceptional situtations.
(c) Sometimes, but not often.
(d) Sometimes, more often than not.
7. What term is used to designate a frame that isolates and solidifies an image?
(b) Point to point.
8. Movement's second subdivision is into which category?
9. Deleuze describes which country as using more light as movement?
10. Which type of frame occurs when an image passes to the equilibrium?
(a) Saturated frame.
(b) Demonstrational frame.
(c) Spatial frame.
(d) Rarefied frame.
11. What does "cogito" mean?
(a) I say.
(b) I feel.
(c) I think.
(d) I am.
12. The ability to see the absence of boundaries and distance is described by Deleuze as which term?
13. Who does Deleuze claim shows feeling toward a cowards face?
14. Who declared, "To be is to be perceived"?
15. What are qualitative non-extended images?
(a) Ideas without perception.
(b) Ideas without dimension in the mind.
(c) Ideas with perception.
(d) Ideas with dimension in the mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deleuze attribute the term "firstness" to?
2. What helps montage occur?
3. Frame dovetail to demonstrate what kind of changes?
4. A set or group of elements that act on the center is known as which term?
5. Who is used as an example of holding the shot for use with a fixed space?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)