|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what film is there a subjective view of a pipe through damaged eyes?
(a) La Roue.
(b) The Battleship Potemkin.
(c) The Goldrush.
(d) The Birds.
2. What do only affection-images refer to?
3. Bergson's second thesis includes which of the following?
(a) Perfected instants.
(b) Privileged instants.
(c) False instants.
(d) Dissolving instants.
4. "Eye of the camera" was coined by who?
(d) Dos Passos.
5. Which of the following is true of a saturated frame?
(a) It tends to create clear images.
(b) It tends to make images blur.
(c) It passes an image to the equilibrium.
(d) It offers a spectator frontal view.
6. Which of the following is a film by Eisenstein?
7. Deleuze claims that Sternberg's effects are most similar to which of the following?
8. The alternation of light and shadow replace what opposition?
(a) Quantitative trends.
(b) Intensive trends.
(c) Organic trends.
(d) Dialectic trends.
9. Which term is defined as a frame set with many elements?
10. Deuzel presents the idea that who or what is the indeterminate center?
(a) The individual.
11. What does out-of-field refer to?
(a) Beyond the frame.
(b) Geometrical frame.
12. Which of the following describes a soft camera focus?
(a) Affective factor.
(b) Modified factor.
(c) Sensory factor.
(d) Active factor.
13. The view of someone external to the set is described as which of the following?
14. Deleuze describes which country as using more light as movement?
15. What does Deleuze say places images in consciousness?
(a) Concentration of image.
(b) Identity of image.
(c) Shadow of image.
(d) Setting of image.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is used to designate a frame that isolates and solidifies an image?
2. Who claimed that consciousness is "of" something?
3. Bergson identified which of the following as translation in space?
4. Gance's film that is used as an example by Deleuze includes an example of which type of movement?
5. What film demonstrates how to extinguish the three varieties of movement?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)