|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Santaland Diaries", who is "overall the cutest elf"?
2. Who is the narrator of "Season's Greetings..."?
(a) Jocelyn Dunbar
(b) Jacki Dunbar
(c) Khe Shan Dunbar
(d) Clifford Dunbar
3. Why does the narrator's mother ask her husband to go back to their house when she is headed to the hospital with pneumonia in "Diary of A Smoker"?
(a) To say goodbye to her children
(b) To get something she forgot
(c) To get her cigarettes
(d) To smoke one last cigarette
4. Where did Malison grow up in "After Malison"?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) Rotunda Surf
(d) New York City
5. What happens to the curtains of Marilyn Notkin's apartment in "Giantess"?
(a) They are damaged by a giantess.
(b) They are damaged by a squirrel.
(c) The narrator tears them down because he thinks they are ugly.
(d) The narrator sets them on fire with a heat gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author meet G.L. in "The Curly Kind"?
2. Why does the narrator's father refuse to see his grandson in "Jamboree"?
3. What does the narrator change his elf name to when he has bad days at work in "Santaland Diaries"?
4. What does Khe Sahn wear to Thanksgiving dinner in "Season's Greetings..."?
5. What does the old man say to the narrator that makes her vomit in "After Malison"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dolph's confrontation with Alicia Cunningham in "Barrel Fever".
2. What story does the narrator of "Giantess" think he and Lili should tell the man whose plate they broke?
3. Why is Jocelyn Dunbar suspected of murdering Don and framing Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings..."?
4. What story does Sedaris tell the little boy Riley when he throws a temper tantrum in "Santaland Diaries"?
5. Describe the scene in Macy's on Christmas Eve in "Santaland Diaries".
6. What theme joins the four scenarios in "The Curly Kind"?
7. Describe Kyle Dunbar in "Season's Greetings to Our Family and Friends".
8. Describe the experience of visiting the oldest Santa in "Santaland Diaries".
9. How does Jocelyn feel about her daughter's marriage to Timothy Speaks in "Season's Greetings..."? How does this compare to her feelings about her grandson, Don?
10. What connection do the elves working at Santa Land have with "One Life to Live" in "Santaland Diaries"?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)