|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the narrator's appearance on the Oprah show in "Parade"?
(a) He loves his sister too much.
(b) His parents failed to give him the love he deserved.
(c) No one has ever loved him.
(d) He used to love others too much.
2. What genre is "The Last You'll Hear from Me"?
(a) A short story
(b) A letter
(c) A novella
(d) A poem
3. What reason did the narrator's parents give for neglecting him in "Parade"?
(a) They were afraid he would reject them.
(b) They did not know how to be good parents.
(c) They did not like him.
(d) They loved his brother more than they loved him.
4. Who does the narrator's mother insult at the beginning of "We Get Along"?
(a) The apartment
(b) A mildew stain
(c) Her son
(d) Her husband
5. Who does the narrator of "Firestone" claim is trying to make his job at the service station difficult?
(c) The customers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it unusual for the narrator of "Firestone" to be working at a car service station?
2. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" have "an impressive collection" of?
3. Who is the narrator of "My Manuscript"?
4. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" want to remove his uvula?
5. How old was the narrator of "Music for Lovers"'s daughter, Dawn, when she fell off the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's imaginary nightclub act in "Music for Lovers".
2. In "Don's Story", why does Don say that many people are watching his speech "with rage and jealousy"?
3. What does Glen dream about in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"? What does he tell Drew he dreamed about? Why?
4. In "We Get Along", what does the narrator think the initials W.S. stand for? Why?
5. What is the tone of the story "Parade"? How does the author create this tone?
6. How does Chad conduct research for his book in "My Manuscript"?
7. Describe a typical first date for the "old" version of the narrator of "Parade".
8. Describe the narrator of "Parade"'s relationship with Bruce Springsteen (from his perspective).
9. Describe the "kid from down the block", who brings Dawn records in "Music from Lovers", from the narrator's perspective.
10. In "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter", why is Drew having difficulty in his psychology class? What does Glen offer to do to help Drew?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)