|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the readers of "Giantess" magazine?
(a) People who secretly want to be giants
(b) People who want tips for slaying giantesses
(c) People who want tips for becoming giantesses
(d) People who love erotic stories about large women
2. What frightens the narrator most about his job as an elf in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) Wearing an elf costume
(b) Clocking in on one of the store's computers
(c) Having a child throw up on him
(d) Working the cash register
3. Why is the author uncomfortable washing the blinds in the bathroom with G.L. in "The Curly Kind"?
(a) The cleaning chemicals will make G.L. sick.
(b) The bathroom is extremely small.
(c) G.L. is naked.
(d) G.L. is watching television.
4. Who is Lonnie Tipit in "Season's Greetings..."?
(a) One of the Dunbars' neighbors
(b) A Vietnamese interpreter
(c) Khe Sahn's uncle
(d) A teacher at the Dunbar children's school
5. What role did Sleighbell, the elf play on "One Life to Live" in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) A doctor
(c) An elf
(d) A flamenco dancer
6. What reason does the author give for wanting to work at UPS in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) He sees it as an opportunity to utilize his leadership skills.
(b) He likes the uniform.
(c) He hears they have excellent benefits.
(d) He desperately needs money.
7. Why does Vicki lose her job dispatching buses in "Jamboree"?
(a) She is having an affair with one of the mechanics.
(b) She is rude to the people riding the buses.
(c) She is late to work because she oversleeps.
(d) She leaves her job when her baby is born.
8. Which celebrity does the narrator feel the need to point out to visitors to Santa Land in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) Walter Cronkite
(b) Goldie Hawn
(c) Phil Collins
(d) Simone from "General Hospital"
9. Who is Cassandra Lane in "After Malison"?
(a) The narrator's friend from New York City
(b) Malison's current girlfriend
(c) Malison's former girlfriend
(d) A woman in the audience at Malison's reading
10. What does the narrator notice about all of the people hired as elves in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) They are all Caucasian.
(b) They are all unemployed actors.
(c) They are all 18-25 years old.
(d) They are all short.
11. Who is the narrator of "Season's Greetings..."?
(a) Clifford Dunbar
(b) Khe Shan Dunbar
(c) Jocelyn Dunbar
(d) Jacki Dunbar
12. Where does Marty park his motorcycle in "Jamboree"?
(a) In his bedroom
(b) At his father-in-law's house
(c) In the garage
(d) In the baby's nursery
13. Which of the following words/phrases is NOT part of Khe Sahn's vocabulary according to Jocelyn in "Season's Greetings..."?
(a) Five dollar
(d) Thank you
14. Where is the camera located in Santa Land in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) In the fireplace
(b) In Santa's hat
(c) In the Magic Star
(d) In the elf's hat
15. According to the narrator, what type of adults most often visit Santa in "Santaland Diaries"?
(a) Confused foreigners
(b) Parents without children
(c) Single women looking for love
(d) Elderly men
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator of "Jamboree" staying with his sister?
2. Who is the narrator of "Barrel Fever"?
3. What do the author and another elf realize about the name 'Santa' in "Santaland Diaries"?
4. According to the narrator of "Santaland Diaries", who is "overall the cutest elf"?
5. Why does the narrator drop out of school in "Jamboree"?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)