|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" have "an impressive collection" of?
(a) Sewing supplies
2. What did the narrator of "Parade"'s parents predict he would become?
(a) A narcissist
(b) A celebrity
(c) A loser
(d) A banker
3. What does the narrator wear that gets his picture in the newspaper in "Firestone"?
(a) A stack of inner tubes
(b) His work uniform
(c) A stack of tires
(d) A brightly colored jumpsuit
4. How did a piece of tissue become stuck in the narrator's ear in "Music for Lovers"?
(a) His daughter pushes it into his ear.
(b) He accidentally pushed it in there with a sharp object.
(c) He put it in there to drown out the sound of his daughter's music.
(d) He put it in there to drown out the sound of Anita O'Day's music.
5. Who does the narrator of "Parade" have a relationship with that he says "the press is having a field day over"?
(a) Patrick Buchanan
(b) Bruce Springsteen
(c) Mike Tyson
(d) Charlton Heston
6. What causes Chad to suspect that his father has read his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) His father tells him a story about a gay student priest.
(b) His father tells him Mrs. Peacock knows his secret.
(c) His father forces him to take guitar lessons.
(d) His father often quotes the manuscript.
7. In "We Get Along", what does the narrator's father record in a notebook hidden in his desk drawer?
(a) Secret information about his tenants
(b) Men he has had affairs with.
(c) Women he has had affairs with.
(d) Bets placed by tenants
8. Why is "The Last You'll Hear From Me" titled thus?
(a) Its writer intends to commit suicide.
(b) Its writer is moving away from society.
(c) Its writer is cutting off ties with his family.
(d) Its writer has decided to no longer write.
9. What genre could "Parade" be classified as?
(c) Realistic fiction
10. The phrases "'I hope it doesn't tire him out'" and "'the original boob tube'" in "Firestone" are examples of...
11. Who does the narrator say Randy thinks he looks like in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
(a) Marlon Brando
(b) Marlin Perkins
(c) George Clooney
(d) Brad Pitt
12. Who does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" picture attending his imaginary nightclub act?
(a) Anita O'Day
(b) His ex-wife, Carol
(c) His daughter, Dawn
(d) A famous record executive
13. Where does Glen park while shopping at Food Carnival in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
(a) In the rear of the store
(b) In the Dave's Kwik Stop parking lot
(c) In a handicapped parking space
(d) In a tow zone
14. Which of the following is NOT one of Annette's unique physical traits in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
(a) She has only 4 fingers on her left hand.
(b) She is overweight.
(c) She is balding.
(d) She has two gray teeth.
15. What feature do both the waiter and Brandon Tartikoff notice about Don in "Don's Story"?
(a) His unique background
(b) His clothing
(c) His hands
(d) His height
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's father die in "We Get Along"?
2. What genre is "The Last You'll Hear from Me"?
3. How does the narrator of "Parade" feel about how he was treated by his parents when he was a child?
4. How old was the narrator of "Music for Lovers"'s daughter, Dawn, when she fell off the roof?
5. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" encourage those attending her funeral to throw at Randy and Annette?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)