|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the narrator's appearance on the Oprah show in "Parade"?
(a) He loves his sister too much.
(b) He used to love others too much.
(c) His parents failed to give him the love he deserved.
(d) No one has ever loved him.
2. What does Don do to Mrs. Toni when she ridicules his dreams of stardom in "Don's Story"?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He asks the bus driver to pull over so she can leave the bus.
(c) He stabs her with a switchblade.
(d) He pokes her with a bathroom key.
3. How does the narrator in "We Get Along" feel about his father's death?
(a) He is at peace with it.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is secretly happy.
4. What is Mrs. Toni obsessed with in "Don's Story"?
(a) Crime stories
(b) Don's life
(c) Greyhound buses
(d) Her daughter
5. What does the narrator of "Parade" say people are constantly asking him for?
6. In "Don's Story", who plays Don's mother in the movie version of his life?
(a) Charles Bronson
(b) Barbra Streisand
(c) Don Rickles
(d) Chastity Bono
7. How often is "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter" published?
(a) Once a month
(b) Four times a year
(c) Two times a year
8. What reason did the narrator's parents give for neglecting him in "Parade"?
(a) They did not know how to be good parents.
(b) They were afraid he would reject them.
(c) They did not like him.
(d) They loved his brother more than they loved him.
9. How does Melinda Delvecchio act towards Glen in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
(a) She overcompensates for her hatred of Glen.
(b) She is extremely homophobic.
(c) She is overly friendly and flirtatious.
(d) She is standoffish and rude.
10. Where did Don of "Don's Story" live before moving to Los Angeles?
(a) Outer Banks, North Carolina
(b) Dallas, Texas
(c) Cumberland County, North Carolina
(d) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
11. Why does the narrator of "Firestone" refuse to have his eyes operated on?
(a) He cannot afford to have the surgeries done.
(b) He believes his declining eyesight is the will of God.
(c) He is frightened of hospitals and doctors.
(d) He believes his declining eyesight gives him an edge in life.
12. What causes Chad to suspect that his father has read his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) His father tells him a story about a gay student priest.
(b) His father forces him to take guitar lessons.
(c) His father tells him Mrs. Peacock knows his secret.
(d) His father often quotes the manuscript.
13. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" collect?
(d) Religious icons
14. The phrases "'I hope it doesn't tire him out'" and "'the original boob tube'" in "Firestone" are examples of...
15. Who does the narrator of "Firestone" claim is trying to make his job at the service station difficult?
(d) The customers
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator in "Parade" solve his debilitating life problems?
2. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think it is pointless for his daughter to listen to dance music?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Annette's unique physical traits in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
4. In "My Manuscript", what quality does Mrs. Peacock have that she says makes her a "housekeeper" instead of a "maid"?
5. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" have "an impressive collection" of?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)