|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of transplant is Carlton waiting for in "Firestone"?
(a) A heart transplant
(b) A kidney transplant
(c) A cornea transplant
(d) A liver transplant
2. In "My Manuscript", what quality does Mrs. Peacock have that she says makes her a "housekeeper" instead of a "maid"?
(a) Her gender
(b) Her qualifications
(c) Her race
(d) Her age
3. How does the narrator in "We Get Along" feel about his father's death?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is at peace with it.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is secretly happy.
4. Who does the narrator's mother insult at the beginning of "We Get Along"?
(a) The apartment
(b) Her son
(c) A mildew stain
(d) Her husband
5. Why is it unusual for the narrator of "Firestone" to be working at a car service station?
(a) He hates cars.
(b) He rides the bus to work.
(c) He is highly educated.
(d) He cannot drive.
6. Who is Mr. Chatam in "My Manuscript"?
(a) He is Terry's father.
(b) He is Chad's guitar teacher.
(c) He is a priest at Chad's church.
(d) He is Chad's father.
7. Who does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" ask to read her final instructions?
(a) Randy Sykes
(b) Annette Kelper
(c) Her mother
(d) Her best friend, Eileen
8. How old was the narrator of "Music for Lovers"'s daughter, Dawn, when she fell off the roof?
9. The phrases "'I hope it doesn't tire him out'" and "'the original boob tube'" in "Firestone" are examples of...
10. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" encourage those attending her funeral to throw at Randy and Annette?
11. Who is the narrator in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
(a) Eileen Mickey
(b) Trish Moody
(c) Annette Kelper
(d) Randy Sykes
12. In "We Get Along", why is Evelyne obsessed with the initials W.S.?
(a) They belong to a woman her husband had an affair with.
(b) They belong to her dead husband.
(c) They belong to a man she left to marry the narrator's father.
(d) They belong to her son.
13. Where does Chad hide his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) Buried under the house
(b) In the bathroom of a Trailways station
(c) Buried behind the shed
(d) In his dresser drawer
14. Why does Dawn begin listening to rock music, in "Music for Lovers"?
(a) She is attempting to express her teenage angst.
(b) Her father gets rid of the TV.
(c) Her father encourages her to listen to it.
(d) She wants to irritate her father.
15. What does Chad's father buy him for Christmas in "My Manuscript"?
(b) A typewriter
(c) A set of golf clubs
(d) Guitar lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's father die in "We Get Along"?
2. Why does Glen urge readers to boycott Dave's Kwik Stop in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
3. What point of view is "Parade" written in?
4. What bothers the narrator of "Music for Lovers" most about his daughter's boyfriend, Rusty?
5. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think it is pointless for his daughter to listen to dance music?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)