|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Sandy convinces the narrator's mother to do in "We Get Along"?
(a) Buy new clothes
(b) Cheat on her husband
(c) Cut her hair
(d) Repaint her porch steps
2. Why does Margery attend AA meetings in "We Get Along"?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She picks up men at the meetings.
(c) Her sister is an alcoholic.
(d) Her husband is an alcoholic.
3. Why does Brandon Tartikoff offer Don a contract for his life story in "Don's Story"?
(a) He feels sorry for Don.
(b) He thinks this is the only thing that will make Don leave him alone.
(c) He wants to humiliate Don by telling his story in a movie.
(d) He believes the story contains everything that makes a story interesting.
4. Why does Melinda begin crying in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
(a) Glen fires her.
(b) Glen tells her she is homophobic.
(c) Glen refuses one of her casserole meals.
(d) Glen refuses her romantic advances.
5. What does the narrator of "Parade" say people are constantly asking him for?
6. Who is the narrator of "My Manuscript"?
(a) Mr. Chatam
(b) Mr. Holt
(c) Terry Glassman
(d) Chad Holt
7. What point of view is "Parade" written in?
(a) First person
(b) Third person limited
(c) Second person
(d) Third person omniscient
8. How does the narrator of "Parade" think people who have never met him feel about him?
(a) They want to know him because he will love them too much.
(b) They detest him.
(c) They love him.
(d) They are dying to get to know him.
9. In "Don's Story", what does Barbra Streisand ask Don about when she first meets him?
(a) North Carolina
(b) Automatic dishwashers
(c) His life story
(d) Cafeteria food
10. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" have "an impressive collection" of?
(a) Sewing supplies
11. What did Nick Papanides like to cook with eggplant in "We Get Along"?
12. What is found in the bathroom of a Sunoco station in "Firestone"?
(a) A large sum of money
(c) A baby boy
(d) A baby girl
13. Why did Terry Glassman destroy his typewriter in "My Manuscript"?
(a) He realized he was a failed writer.
(b) His father never responded to his letters.
(c) He wanted a set of golf clubs.
(d) He was jealous of Chad's writing ability.
14. Why does Glen urge readers to boycott Dave's Kwik Stop in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
(a) Because the "homophobic" Drew works there.
(b) Because they refuse to hire homosexuals.
(c) Because the owner, Dave is homophobic.
(d) Because they treat homosexual customers inappropriately.
15. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think the source of his daughter's headaches is?
(a) Her wisdom teeth
(b) The music she listens to
(c) Her new boyfriend
(d) Her amputated feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Firestone" give a woman on the bus his sneakers?
2. How did Trish's boyfriend react when she accidentally ran over his dog in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
3. How does the narrator's father die in "We Get Along"?
4. How does the narrator in "We Get Along" feel about his father's death?
5. What business are the narrator's parents in in "We Get Along"?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)