|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator of "Parade"'s parents predict he would become?
(a) A loser
(b) A celebrity
(c) A narcissist
(d) A banker
2. In "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter", whose voice do the trees in Glen's fake dream have?
(c) His mother's
3. How often is "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter" published?
(a) Once a month
(c) Two times a year
(d) Four times a year
4. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" collect?
(a) Religious icons
5. How does the narrator's father die in "We Get Along"?
(a) He was in an accident.
(b) He is murdered by his wife.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter", what does Glen picture Drew as in one of his "dreams"?
2. Who does the narrator of "Firestone" claim is trying to make his job at the service station difficult?
3. Who does the narrator's mother insult at the beginning of "We Get Along"?
4. In "My Manuscript", what quality does Mrs. Peacock have that she says makes her a "housekeeper" instead of a "maid"?
5. Why did Terry Glassman destroy his typewriter in "My Manuscript"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)