|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for getting the narrator his job at the service station in "Firestone"?
(b) His pastor
(d) His doctor
2. What does the narrator wear that gets his picture in the newspaper in "Firestone"?
(a) A stack of tires
(b) A brightly colored jumpsuit
(c) A stack of inner tubes
(d) His work uniform
3. What causes Chad to suspect that his father has read his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) His father tells him a story about a gay student priest.
(b) His father forces him to take guitar lessons.
(c) His father tells him Mrs. Peacock knows his secret.
(d) His father often quotes the manuscript.
4. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" have "an impressive collection" of?
(b) Sewing supplies
5. Who does the narrator of "Firestone" claim is trying to make his job at the service station difficult?
(c) The customers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don's profession in "Don's Story"?
2. Who is Steve Dolger in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
3. Who is Mr. Chatam in "My Manuscript"?
4. Why does the narrator in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter" encourage readers to mention his newsletter to others rather than lending them their copies of it?
5. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think it is pointless for his daughter to listen to dance music?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)