|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "My Manuscript", what shocked Chad's father about the student priest's appearance when he arrived home from school one day?
(a) He was wearing a dress.
(b) He had no pants on.
(c) He had shaved his head.
(d) He was wearing makeup.
2. Who does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" ask to read her final instructions?
(a) Her best friend, Eileen
(b) Her mother
(c) Annette Kelper
(d) Randy Sykes
3. What causes Chad to suspect that his father has read his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) His father forces him to take guitar lessons.
(b) His father tells him Mrs. Peacock knows his secret.
(c) His father tells him a story about a gay student priest.
(d) His father often quotes the manuscript.
4. What business are the narrator's parents in in "We Get Along"?
(a) Service station
(b) Apartment rental
(c) Pest control
5. In "Don's Story", what does Barbra Streisand ask Don about when she first meets him?
(a) His life story
(b) North Carolina
(c) Cafeteria food
(d) Automatic dishwashers
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter", whose voice do the trees in Glen's fake dream have?
2. Who does the narrator's mother become close with after her husband's death in "We Get Along"?
3. In "My Manuscript", who does Chad assume led his father to believe Chad is gay?
4. What does Don do to Mrs. Toni when she ridicules his dreams of stardom in "Don's Story"?
5. How do Annette and Randy spend their time together according to the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)