|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator of "Parade" have a relationship with that he says "the press is having a field day over"?
(a) Bruce Springsteen
(b) Charlton Heston
(c) Mike Tyson
(d) Patrick Buchanan
2. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think it is pointless for his daughter to listen to dance music?
(a) He thinks she is destined for a career as a nightclub singer.
(b) She does not have feet, and therefore, cannot dance.
(c) She does not have legs, and therefore, cannot dance.
(d) He will not allow her out of the house to go to dances.
3. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" collect?
(d) Religious icons
4. What does the narrator of "My Manuscript" aspire to become?
(a) A doctor
(b) A writer
(c) A professional golfer
(d) A truck driver
5. In "My Manuscript", what shocked Chad's father about the student priest's appearance when he arrived home from school one day?
(a) He was wearing a dress.
(b) He had no pants on.
(c) He was wearing makeup.
(d) He had shaved his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think the source of his daughter's headaches is?
2. What magazine does the narrator of "Parade" appear in?
3. What did the narrator of "Parade"'s parents predict he would become?
4. Why did Dawn of "Music for Lovers" have her feet amputated?
5. Why did Terry Glassman destroy his typewriter in "My Manuscript"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)