|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word makes Chad's grandmother fall to her feet praying in "My Manuscript"?
2. What genre could "Parade" be classified as?
(b) Realistic fiction
3. Who does Anita O'Day claim is the manager of her record company?
(b) Her mother
(c) Her dog
(d) No one
4. What causes Chad to suspect that his father has read his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) His father forces him to take guitar lessons.
(b) His father often quotes the manuscript.
(c) His father tells him a story about a gay student priest.
(d) His father tells him Mrs. Peacock knows his secret.
5. Who does the narrator say Randy thinks he looks like in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
(a) Marlin Perkins
(b) George Clooney
(c) Marlon Brando
(d) Brad Pitt
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My Manuscript", what quality does Mrs. Peacock have that she says makes her a "housekeeper" instead of a "maid"?
2. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think it is pointless for his daughter to listen to dance music?
3. How did a piece of tissue become stuck in the narrator's ear in "Music for Lovers"?
4. Who does the narrator of "Parade" have a relationship with that he says "the press is having a field day over"?
5. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" collect?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)