|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator attempt to keep Mrs. Peacock out of his room in "My Manuscript"?
(a) He posts a sign on his door.
(b) He places a trap in front of his door.
(c) He tells her not to enter his room.
(d) He locks his door.
2. Who does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" picture attending his imaginary nightclub act?
(a) His daughter, Dawn
(b) His ex-wife, Carol
(c) A famous record executive
(d) Anita O'Day
3. Where does Chad hide his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
(a) In the bathroom of a Trailways station
(b) Buried behind the shed
(c) In his dresser drawer
(d) Buried under the house
4. How does Chad's father "punish" him for quitting guitar lessons in "My Manuscript"?
(a) He gives his expensive guitar away to a more deserving child.
(b) He makes him teach himself to play the guitar using instructional records.
(c) He forces him to go to guitar class every day.
(d) He locks him in his room for days.
5. Why did Dawn of "Music for Lovers" have her feet amputated?
(a) The doctors were overzealous.
(b) Her feet were dirty.
(c) They were injured when she fell off of the roof.
(d) They were gangrenous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My Manuscript", what shocked Chad's father about the student priest's appearance when he arrived home from school one day?
2. Who does the narrator say Randy thinks he looks like in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
3. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" think it is pointless for his daughter to listen to dance music?
4. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" encourage those attending her funeral to throw at Randy and Annette?
5. Why is "The Last You'll Hear From Me" titled thus?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)