|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "We Get Along", what does Evelyne encourage her son to do next time he sees Mrs. Spakey, his former teacher?
(a) Ask her about his grade
(b) Insult her
(c) Tell her his father is dead
(d) Ask her to call his mother
2. Why does the narrator begin cleaning bathrooms in "Firestone"?
(a) He is incapable of pumping gas
(b) Carlton orders him to do so
(c) Customers complained of their filth
(d) To teach himself humility
3. Why does Jocelyn repeatedly yell at Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings..."?
(a) She despises Khe Sahn.
(b) She believes it will help her understand English better.
(c) She believes Khe Sahn is hard of hearing.
(d) She is always angry at Khe Sahn.
4. In "We Get Along", what does the narrator's father record in a notebook hidden in his desk drawer?
(a) Secret information about his tenants
(b) Women he has had affairs with.
(c) Men he has had affairs with.
(d) Bets placed by tenants
5. What does the narrator wear that gets his picture in the newspaper in "Firestone"?
(a) A stack of inner tubes
(b) A brightly colored jumpsuit
(c) A stack of tires
(d) His work uniform
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a behavior exhibited by parents in the photo area in "Santaland Diaries"?
2. How does Chad's father "punish" him for quitting guitar lessons in "My Manuscript"?
3. What does Don do to Mrs. Toni when she ridicules his dreams of stardom in "Don's Story"?
4. What does Chad refuse to do when his brother is born in "My Manuscript"?
5. Why does the narrator of "Music for Lovers" want to remove his uvula?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)