|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "My Manuscript" aspire to become?
(a) A doctor
(b) A truck driver
(c) A professional golfer
(d) A writer
2. Why does the narrator of "Parade" specifically choose Oprah's show to appear on?
(a) He is a huge fan of Oprah.
(b) He believes her show needs sprucing up.
(c) It is the most popular show on television.
(d) He believes he will get the most media attention on this show.
3. How does the author meet G.L. in "The Curly Kind"?
(a) He is a friend of Lena Payne's.
(b) He meets him in his apartment's elevator.
(c) He is sent to clean his blinds.
(d) He is sent to unpack his books.
4. What game do the narrator and his siblings play during Christmas in "Diary of a Smoker"?
(a) Find Mom, find Mom's cigarettes
(b) Find Mom, find Mom's smile
(c) Find a way to get Mom to quit smoking
(d) Find the best gift for Mom
5. What does Lena offer the author as a gift in "The Curly Kind"?
(a) A vacuum cleaner
(c) A magazine
(d) A chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter", whose voice do the trees in Glen's fake dream have?
2. What did the narrator's sister, Vicki aspire to be when she was younger? ("Jamboree")
3. Who is Steve Dolger in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
4. What does Don do to Mrs. Toni when she ridicules his dreams of stardom in "Don's Story"?
5. How old was the narrator of "Music for Lovers"'s daughter, Dawn, when she fell off the roof?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)