|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "My Manuscript"?
(a) Chad Holt
(b) Terry Glassman
(c) Mr. Chatam
(d) Mr. Holt
2. What reason did the narrator's parents give for neglecting him in "Parade"?
(a) They were afraid he would reject them.
(b) They loved his brother more than they loved him.
(c) They did not know how to be good parents.
(d) They did not like him.
3. What point of view is "Parade" written in?
(a) First person
(b) Second person
(c) Third person limited
(d) Third person omniscient
4. In "We Get Along", what does Evelyne encourage her son to do next time he sees Mrs. Spakey, his former teacher?
(a) Tell her his father is dead
(b) Insult her
(c) Ask her about his grade
(d) Ask her to call his mother
5. How does Melinda Delvecchio act towards Glen in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
(a) She is standoffish and rude.
(b) She is overly friendly and flirtatious.
(c) She overcompensates for her hatred of Glen.
(d) She is extremely homophobic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's father die in "We Get Along"?
2. What type of transplant is Carlton waiting for in "Firestone"?
3. What does Chad's father buy him for Christmas in "My Manuscript"?
4. Who does the narrator say Randy thinks he looks like in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
5. How did the narrator in "Parade" solve his debilitating life problems?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)