|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "My Manuscript" aspire to become?
(a) A professional golfer
(b) A writer
(c) A doctor
(d) A truck driver
2. Who does the narrator's mother become close with after her husband's death in "We Get Along"?
(a) Her sister-in-law
(b) The narrator
(c) Her sister, Margery
(d) Nick Papanides
3. Why does the narrator of "Firestone" give a woman on the bus his sneakers?
(a) He no longer wants them.
(b) He believes they will help her son whose motorcycle is damaged.
(c) He sees she has no shoes.
(d) He believes they will help her.
4. How does the narrator in "We Get Along" feel about his father's death?
(a) He is secretly happy.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is at peace with it.
5. How did Trish's boyfriend react when she accidentally ran over his dog in "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
(a) He verbally assaulted her.
(b) He forgave her.
(c) He broke up with her.
(d) He gave her the silent treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me" collect?
2. How does the narrator's father die in "We Get Along"?
3. Who does the narrator's mother insult at the beginning of "We Get Along"?
4. What causes Chad to suspect that his father has read his "manuscript" in "My Manuscript"?
5. Why does Melinda begin crying in "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)