|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vicki quit chorus during her sophomore year of high school in "Jamboree"?
(a) She hated her music teacher.
(b) Her brother talked her out of enrolling in chorus.
(c) She decided to take Art instead.
(d) The music teacher told her she had no talent.
2. In "Glen's Homophobia Newsletter", whose voice do the trees in Glen's fake dream have?
(d) His mother's
3. What does Don do to Mrs. Toni when she ridicules his dreams of stardom in "Don's Story"?
(a) He asks the bus driver to pull over so she can leave the bus.
(b) He pokes her with a bathroom key.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He stabs her with a switchblade.
4. How do Annette and Randy spend their time together according to the narrator of "The Last You'll Hear From Me"?
(a) Making out in Randy's car
(b) Taking long walks in the park
(c) Eating at Burger King
(d) Riding the escalator at the mall
5. In "We Get Along", why is Evelyne obsessed with the initials W.S.?
(a) They belong to a woman her husband had an affair with.
(b) They belong to her dead husband.
(c) They belong to her son.
(d) They belong to a man she left to marry the narrator's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Don of "Don's Story" live before moving to Los Angeles?
2. What do the siblings find in sealed boxes after their mother dies in "Barrel Fever"?
3. Why does Vicki lose her job dispatching buses in "Jamboree"?
4. How old was the narrator of "Music for Lovers"'s daughter, Dawn, when she fell off the roof?
5. What does Chad's father buy him for Christmas in "My Manuscript"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)