Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
2. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
3. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
4. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
5. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
Essay Topic 1
There is a lot of symbolism in this story regarding the expansion of Au Bonheur des Dames. What does the growth of the store symbolize for those who work there? For the neighborhood shop owners? For the retail industry in general? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Baudu. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What does the author mean by calling the book AU BONHEUR DES DAMES? Cite an example to support your answer. Can you suggest another title which you think is more appropriate for the book?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)