|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
2. What does Baudu talk to Colomban about?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the state of Baudu's store at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. Why is Genevieve so upset at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Why does Bouthemont say that distinguished ladies will not admit to wearing clothes from Mouret's store?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Denise, Mouret, Madame Desforges, and Baudu. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Baudu. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
AU BONHEUR DES DAMES takes place in Paris in the late 1800s. Explain what is going on in Paris at this time that makes Zola decide to write this story in this setting.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)