Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
2. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
3. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
4. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
5. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What does the author mean by calling the book AU BONHEUR DES DAMES? Cite an example to support your answer. Can you suggest another title which you think is more appropriate for the book?
Explain the symbolism of Madame Baudu's wanting the windows opened as she lay dying. What is the symbolism of Baudu's store being draped in white after her death? Identify one other example of symbolism that you find notable.
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Denise, Mouret, Madame Desforges, and Baudu. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)