|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
2. What realization does Denise come to?
3. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
4. What is the imagery of the store in Chapter 9?
5. What happens to Genevieve as a result of her grief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Manipulation takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this technique.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Zola is quoted as saying, "I am little concerned with beauty or perfection. I don't care for the great centuries. All I care about is life, struggle, intensity. I am at ease in my generation," (My Hates, 1866.) How is this philosophy apparent in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)