|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Colomban and Genevieve's marriage postponed again?
2. What is the main theme of Chapter 10?
3. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
4. What does Mouret ask Denise?
5. What is the secret to running a successful store like Au Bonheur des Dames?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mouret. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Refusing to be bought is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters refuse to give in or be bought by someone else.
Essay Topic 3
There is a lot of symbolism in this story regarding the expansion of Au Bonheur des Dames. What does the growth of the store symbolize for those who work there? For the neighborhood shop owners? For the retail industry in general? Explain.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)