|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Genevieve so upset at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What is the overall task in the store in August?
3. What job does Denise offer to Baudu?
4. Who breaks his legs while trying to commit suicide?
5. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
Essay Topic 1
Manipulation takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this technique.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mouret. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Zola is quoted as saying, "I am little concerned with beauty or perfection. I don't care for the great centuries. All I care about is life, struggle, intensity. I am at ease in my generation," (My Hates, 1866.) How is this philosophy apparent in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)