|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 10 includes imagery of _______________.
2. Which of the following does Denise NOT have implemented for the staff as a result of her relationship with Mouret?
3. Who decides to steal Colomban from his fiancee?
4. What does Bouthemont talk to Madame Desforges about?
5. What problem does Mouret talk about with Vallagnosc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Denise. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Zola use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
AU BONHEUR DES DAMES takes place in Paris in the late 1800s. Explain what is going on in Paris at this time that makes Zola decide to write this story in this setting.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)