Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
2. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
3. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
4. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
5. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Madame Baudu's wanting the windows opened as she lay dying. What is the symbolism of Baudu's store being draped in white after her death? Identify one other example of symbolism that you find notable.
Essay Topic 2
AU BONHEUR DES DAMES takes place in Paris in the late 1800s. Explain what is going on in Paris at this time that makes Zola decide to write this story in this setting.
Essay Topic 3
There is a lot of symbolism in this story regarding the expansion of Au Bonheur des Dames. What does the growth of the store symbolize for those who work there? For the neighborhood shop owners? For the retail industry in general? Explain.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)