Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
2. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
3. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
4. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
5. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
Essay Topic 1
AU BONHEUR DES DAMES takes place in Paris in the late 1800s. Explain what is going on in Paris at this time that makes Zola decide to write this story in this setting.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mouret. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Zola is quoted as saying, "I am little concerned with beauty or perfection. I don't care for the great centuries. All I care about is life, struggle, intensity. I am at ease in my generation," (My Hates, 1866.) How is this philosophy apparent in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)