|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Mouret's anger on this day?
2. Who does Genevieve think that Colomban loves?
3. Why has Mouret remained a bachelor for so long?
4. What job does Mouret give to Denise?
5. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
AU BONHEUR DES DAMES is a classic struggle for survival story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Refusing to be bought is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters refuse to give in or be bought by someone else.
Essay Topic 3
Zola uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the novel. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)