|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Madame Baudu NOT attribute to Genevieve's declining health?
2. What is the main theme of Chapter 10?
3. On what terms does Denise agree to stay?
4. Why is Colomban and Genevieve's marriage postponed again?
5. What does Madame Desforges flaunt in front of Denise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Baudu. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Refusing to be bought is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters refuse to give in or be bought by someone else.
Essay Topic 3
Manipulation takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this technique.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)