|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denise notice about Genevieve when she tries to comfort her?
2. What seems to be the primary topic of conversation in the store?
3. Whose is the second funeral held in Chapter 13?
4. Which of the following does NOT happen to Bourras?
5. What does the big sale celebrate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zola is quoted as saying, "I am little concerned with beauty or perfection. I don't care for the great centuries. All I care about is life, struggle, intensity. I am at ease in my generation," (My Hates, 1866.) How is this philosophy apparent in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Denise, Mouret, Madame Desforges, and Baudu. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)