|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Denise get a letter?
(b) Her aunt.
2. Why is Colomban and Genevieve's marriage postponed again?
(a) Baudu's pride will not let him pass on an almost bankrupt business.
(b) Baudu has a background check done on Colomban.
(c) Colomban's parents do not like Genevieve.
(d) Baudu thinks that Genevieve can do better for herself.
3. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the state of Baudu's store at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) It is dreary.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is failing.
(d) It is closed.
5. How does Mouret feel about Denise at this point?
(a) He is falling in love with her.
(b) He enjoys her to a point.
(c) He barely tolerates her.
(d) He detests her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the dreams that Denise has during this period?
2. What does Madame Desforges consider Denise to be?
3. Chapter 10 includes imagery of _______________.
4. What does Mouret tell Denise to take in his office?
5. What occasion is about to be launched at Au Bonheur des Dames at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)