|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Mouret's money cannot buy for him?
(a) A royal title.
(b) Denise's love.
(c) An embassy job.
(d) A political position.
2. How does Mouret feel about Denise at this point?
(a) He detests her.
(b) He barely tolerates her.
(c) He is falling in love with her.
(d) He enjoys her to a point.
3. What does Genevieve's death symbolize?
(a) The suffering one does for love.
(b) The need to be assertive to get what you want.
(c) The plague that is speeding across France.
(d) The death of old ways of doing business.
4. What type of women does Madame Desforges say that Mouret's store cannot dress?
5. Why is Mouret in such despair?
(a) His mother has died.
(b) The store is in bankruptcy.
(c) His wife has asked for a divorce.
(d) Denise still refuses his invitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
2. What does Mouret ask Denise?
3. Why has Mouret remained a bachelor for so long?
4. What is the theme of the dreams that Denise has during this period?
5. Which of the following does Denise NOT have implemented for the staff as a result of her relationship with Mouret?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)