|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Madame Baudu NOT attribute to Genevieve's declining health?
(a) Spending so much time in a dark shop is not healthy.
(b) She stays out late drinking with friends.
(c) She is depressed about the delay in her marriage to Colomban.
(d) She has inherited Madame Baudu's physical weakness.
2. Which of the following does Denise NOT have implemented for the staff as a result of her relationship with Mouret?
(a) Educational classes.
(b) Game rooms.
(c) A library.
(d) Gym memberships.
3. Why is Mouret in such despair?
(a) His wife has asked for a divorce.
(b) His mother has died.
(c) The store is in bankruptcy.
(d) Denise still refuses his invitations.
4. Which of the following do NOT trap the customers inside the store?
(a) Confusing layout.
(b) Locked doors.
(c) Charming salesmen.
(d) Artful displays.
5. What is the main theme of Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Denise get a letter?
2. Who has Jouve accused of being a thief?
3. What does Denise notice about Genevieve when she tries to comfort her?
4. What is the imagery of the store in Chapter 9?
5. What does Madame Desforges consider Denise to be?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)