|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bouthemont talk to Madame Desforges about?
(a) Taking a trip to England.
(b) Marrying him.
(c) Designing clothes for his store.
(d) Setting up a competitive store.
2. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
3. Chapter 10 includes imagery of _______________.
4. What is the secret to running a successful store like Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Regular merchandise discounts.
(b) Aggressive advertising.
(c) Publicity stunts.
(d) The continuous turnover of capital.
5. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
(a) Pauline's pregnancy.
(b) Madame Desforges insanity.
(c) Mouret's illness.
(d) Denise's lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mouret tell Denise to take in his office?
2. Why is Mouret in such despair?
3. Why is Mouret uncomfortable at Madame Desforges' home?
4. What month is it when Chapter 10 begins?
5. What does Madame Desforges consider Denise to be?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)