|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genevieve's death symbolize?
(a) The plague that is speeding across France.
(b) The suffering one does for love.
(c) The need to be assertive to get what you want.
(d) The death of old ways of doing business.
2. What is one thing that Mouret's money cannot buy for him?
(a) Denise's love.
(b) A royal title.
(c) An embassy job.
(d) A political position.
3. What month is it when Chapter 10 begins?
4. What does Mouret not realize regarding Denise?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates Deloche.
(c) She loves Jouve.
(d) She detests him.
5. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
(a) Begs her to stay.
(b) Tells her he loves her.
(c) Says he has given up all other women.
(d) Terminates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
2. Why is Mouret in such despair?
3. What record does the store make on the day of the big sale?
4. What does Mouret ask Denise?
5. Which of the following do NOT trap the customers inside the store?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)