|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Denise get a letter?
(c) Her aunt.
2. What event does Madame Desforges host at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) New Year's Eve cocktails.
(b) Christmas dinner.
(c) Easter brunch.
(d) A Saturday tea.
3. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
(a) He/she gets health insurance.
(b) He/she gets better salaries.
(c) He/she is made a partner.
(d) He/she goes down in class.
4. What is the theme of the dreams that Denise has during this period?
(a) Reaching one's goals.
(b) The struggle to survive.
(c) Finding true love.
(d) Working through grief.
5. Who breaks his legs while trying to commit suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT how Bouthemont describes shop girls?
2. What item of clothing has Denise come to help Madame Desforges with?
3. Why has Mouret remained a bachelor for so long?
4. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
5. What color covers Baudu's shop after the deaths?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)