|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Mouret's money cannot buy for him?
(a) A political position.
(b) An embassy job.
(c) Denise's love.
(d) A royal title.
2. What does Madame Desforges consider Denise to be?
(a) Her apprentice.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her rival.
(d) Her mentor.
3. What does Mouret not realize regarding Denise?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates Deloche.
(c) She loves Jouve.
(d) She detests him.
4. What is the secret to running a successful store like Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Regular merchandise discounts.
(b) Aggressive advertising.
(c) Publicity stunts.
(d) The continuous turnover of capital.
5. Why is Mouret crying?
(a) Denise is going back home.
(b) He has a terminal illness.
(c) His daughter is leaving home.
(d) Denise has agreed to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to steal Colomban from his fiancee?
2. Who breaks his legs while trying to commit suicide?
3. What does the big sale celebrate?
4. Who has Jouve accused of being a thief?
5. What job does Denise offer to Baudu?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)