|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mouret's feelings about the rumors of Denise?
2. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
(a) He/she goes down in class.
(b) He/she gets better salaries.
(c) He/she is made a partner.
(d) He/she gets health insurance.
3. What is the secret to running a successful store like Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Regular merchandise discounts.
(b) Publicity stunts.
(c) The continuous turnover of capital.
(d) Aggressive advertising.
4. What does Baudu hope will energize his shop?
(a) The completion of the new road.
(b) New inventory.
(c) Christmas shopping.
(d) Major renovations.
5. What is the imagery of the store in Chapter 9?
(b) Storm clouds.
(c) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mouret tells ____________ that the board has decided to fire him/her.
2. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
3. What is Madame Guibal doing in the reading room?
4. What realization does Denise come to?
5. What does Mouret ask Denise?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)