|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mouret's feelings about the rumors of Denise?
2. Why has Mouret remained a bachelor for so long?
(a) He cannot commite.
(b) He has not found the right woman.
(c) He thinks it is the key to his success.
(d) He is not interested in women.
3. Which of the following does Denise NOT achieve in the new department?
(a) Better salary.
4. Which of the following is NOT what Denise thinks about marrying Mouret and keeping her reputation intact?
(a) She would marry him anytime if he would just ask.
(b) She can return to the store as a queen.
(c) Mouret can come to Valgones for her.
(d) Mouret can marry her on her turf.
5. Who has Jouve accused of being a thief?
(a) A teenage girl.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A pregnant woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Guibal doing in the reading room?
2. What is the theme of the dreams that Denise has during this period?
3. What job does Mouret give to Denise?
4. What is the source of Mouret's anger on this day?
5. What goal has Mouret met at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)