|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baudu talk to Colomban about?
(a) Expanding the shop.
(b) Buying new inventory.
(c) Opening a branch store.
(d) Postponing the wedding.
2. What does Genevieve's death symbolize?
(a) The suffering one does for love.
(b) The plague that is speeding across France.
(c) The need to be assertive to get what you want.
(d) The death of old ways of doing business.
3. What is the main theme of Chapter 10?
4. What does Baudu hope will energize his shop?
(a) The completion of the new road.
(b) Christmas shopping.
(c) Major renovations.
(d) New inventory.
5. What item of clothing has Denise come to help Madame Desforges with?
(a) A cocktail dress.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) An evening gown.
(d) A coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught stealing during the big sales?
2. Whose funeral is the first one held in Chapter 13?
3. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
4. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
5. What is the overall task in the store in August?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)