|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to steal Colomban from his fiancee?
2. What realization does Denise come to?
(a) She will never marry.
(b) She loves Mouret.
(c) She wants to leave Paris.
(d) She wants children.
3. What does Madame Desforges consider Denise to be?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her mentor.
(c) Her rival.
(d) Her apprentice.
4. What goal has Mouret met at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His expansion plan is approved.
(b) Denise has agreed to marry him.
(c) His store has a fleet of 50 delivery vans.
(d) His store has the largest silk inventory in France.
5. Why is Mouret crying?
(a) Denise is going back home.
(b) He has a terminal illness.
(c) His daughter is leaving home.
(d) Denise has agreed to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Madame Baudu NOT attribute to Genevieve's declining health?
2. What event does Madame Desforges host at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Who has Jouve accused of being a thief?
4. What thought does Mouret begin to entertain at the end of Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the state of Baudu's store at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)