|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the dreams that Denise has during this period?
(a) Working through grief.
(b) The struggle to survive.
(c) Reaching one's goals.
(d) Finding true love.
2. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
3. What does Baudu hope will energize his shop?
(a) Christmas shopping.
(b) Major renovations.
(c) The completion of the new road.
(d) New inventory.
4. Why does Madame Desforges make things difficult for Denise?
(a) She thinks Denise is having an affair with Mouret.
(b) She wants Denise to quit.
(c) She thinks Denise is rude.
(d) She thinks Denise wants her job.
5. Who does Genevieve think that Colomban loves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mouret feel about Denise at this point?
2. What problem does Mouret talk about with Vallagnosc?
3. What decision has Mouret made at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following does Denise NOT achieve in the new department?
5. What does Mouret offer to do for Denise?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)