|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal has Mouret met at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His store has the largest silk inventory in France.
(b) His expansion plan is approved.
(c) His store has a fleet of 50 delivery vans.
(d) Denise has agreed to marry him.
2. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
(c) Pepe's girlfriend.
(d) Jean's wife.
3. From whom does Denise get a letter?
(d) Her aunt.
4. What does Baudu talk to Colomban about?
(a) Postponing the wedding.
(b) Expanding the shop.
(c) Buying new inventory.
(d) Opening a branch store.
5. What happens to Genevieve as a result of her grief?
(a) She stays in bed for months.
(b) She rallies and goes out on the town.
(c) She gets counseling.
(d) She dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Guibal doing in the reading room?
2. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
3. Why is Mouret crying?
4. Who brings her children to the store as a form of entertainment?
5. What does Denise notice about Genevieve when she tries to comfort her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)