|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mouret offer to do for Denise?
(a) Pay her medical bills.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Set her up in a nice lifestyle.
(d) Promote her.
2. What seems to be the primary topic of conversation in the store?
(a) World War I.
(b) Denise's love life.
(c) The price of silk.
(d) The major fashion designers.
3. What does Baudu hope will energize his shop?
(a) Christmas shopping.
(b) Major renovations.
(c) New inventory.
(d) The completion of the new road.
4. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
5. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
(a) He/she goes down in class.
(b) He/she is made a partner.
(c) He/she gets health insurance.
(d) He/she gets better salaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
2. What occasion is about to be launched at Au Bonheur des Dames at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. Who brings her children to the store as a form of entertainment?
4. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
5. Which of the following does Madame Baudu NOT attribute to Genevieve's declining health?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)