|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mouret not realize regarding Denise?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She detests him.
(c) She hates Deloche.
(d) She loves Jouve.
2. On what terms does Denise agree to stay?
(a) If Mouret gives her a sizable raise.
(b) If Mouret believes in her good conduct.
(c) If Mouret will set her up in a new apartment.
(d) If Mouret promotes her to head of the ladies department.
3. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
4. What job does Denise offer to Baudu?
(a) Delivery driver.
5. Why does Bouthemont say that distinguished ladies will not admit to wearing clothes from Mouret's store?
(a) They want people to think they wear only designer clothes.
(b) Mouret's bad reputation.
(c) The store's quality is declining.
(d) The low prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings her children to the store as a form of entertainment?
2. What month is it when Chapter 10 begins?
3. What does Madame Desforges consider Denise to be?
4. Which of the following does NOT happen to Bourras?
5. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)