|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
(a) China and crystal.
(b) Children's wear.
(c) Gourmet food.
2. What is Madame Desforges' plan?
(a) To take a trip to Spain.
(b) To remodel her dining room.
(c) To get Mouret and Denise at her house together.
(d) To retire in three years.
3. Who is Baudu's last faithful customer?
(a) Madame Bourdelais.
(b) Madame Delacroix.
(c) Madame Bourdain.
(d) Madame Ballou.
4. What is the imagery of the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Storm clouds.
(d) A church.
5. What event does Madame Desforges host at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A Saturday tea.
(b) Easter brunch.
(c) Christmas dinner.
(d) New Year's Eve cocktails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolizes life and death in Chapter 13?
2. Which of the following best describes Mouret's feelings about the rumors of Denise?
3. Why does Bouthemont say that distinguished ladies will not admit to wearing clothes from Mouret's store?
4. What does Bouthemont talk to Madame Desforges about?
5. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)