|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madame Aurelie plan to give Denise the job?
(a) Denise is beautiful and has the perfect personality to sell ladies wear.
(b) Mouret is interested in Denise and Madame Aurelie wants to make a favorable impression with him.
(c) Mouret has intervened and told her to hire Denise.
(d) Denise has a wonderful body and the clothing will sell itself if she wears it.
2. At which of the following stores does Madame Desforges NOT buy her clothes?
(a) Au bonheur des Dames.
3. Who is Pauline's boyfriend?
4. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
5. Why is Denise attracted to Hutin?
(a) He is nice to her.
(b) He is a leader.
(c) He is couragepis.
(d) He is gorgeous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young man who made a serious delivery error the previous day?
2. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's wife?
3. Why does Bourdoncle have Denise fired?
4. What occurs in the reception area during the morning inspection?
5. What does Denise finally get when spring arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Denise first come in contact with Au Bonheur des Dames?
2. What is the irony of Baudu's position on balancing money and family life?
3. Why does Denise end up leaving the store when she could have anything she wanted?
4. Explain the symbolism of the windows in Chapter 13.
5. What does the color white symbolize in Chapter 14?
6. What is the imagery introduced in Chapter 2 regarding the big department store?
7. What is Denise's demeanor during this difficult time at the store?
8. How does the relationship between Denise and Mouret evolve in Chapter 7?
9. What is the burgeoning awareness between Mouret and Denise?
10. Explain Denise's internal conflict related to her burgeoning feelings for Mouret.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)