|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the other tenants living in the house with Denise?
(c) Drug dealers.
2. What is the imagery of the big department store in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Bourdoncle have Denise fired?
(a) For coming in late too much.
(b) For stealing clothes.
(c) For being with a man in the basement.
(d) For insulting a customer.
4. Mouret wants to partner with Baron Hartmann to ___________________.
(a) get better interest rates.
(b) get international business.
(c) expand the store.
(d) get more publicity.
5. Who is the main character in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
2. Who is the assistant silk buyer at Au Bonheur des Dames?
3. Who are Denise's brothers?
4. What happens at the store during the summer?
5. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bourdoncle think that Denise could be the demise of the store?
2. How does the relationship between Denise and Mouret evolve in Chapter 7?
3. Who are some of the women at Madame Desforges' tea and what is revealed about their shopping habits?
4. Why does Mouret think Denise is leaving and why does he think it might be a good idea to remain a bachelor?
5. What is the imagery introduced in Chapter 2 regarding the big department store?
6. What is the symbolism of Genevieve's death?
7. What is the perception by the store management when they learn that the sales girls are taking on extra work?
8. What realization does Robineau come to regarding Denise's opinion on why large stores are so successful?
9. How does the store bring out the worst in the store's customers?
10. Why does Denise end up leaving the store when she could have anything she wanted?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)