|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Denise and her brothers come from?
2. What happens when Denise pushes Jouve away from her?
(a) He hits his head on a railing.
(b) Wine splatters on his tie.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He falls down.
3. Why does Jouve try to get Denise fired?
(a) She does not have a sales mentality.
(b) She is always late.
(c) She rejects his sexual overtures.
(d) She is rude to customers.
4. On whom does Denise develop a crush?
5. Who is Mouret's right-hand man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mouret hope to meet at the tea?
2. What happens at the store during the summer?
3. Who is the owner of Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. Why does Madame Aurelie reprimand Denise?
5. Where is Denise when she sees Mouret again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Denise's rejection of Mouret's advances leave him confused?
2. Why does Denise end up leaving the store when she could have anything she wanted?
3. According to Madame Desforges, how do distinguished women view Mouret's store?
4. What is a recurring theme in the book notably beginning in Chapter 7?
5. What is the burgeoning awareness between Mouret and Denise?
6. How does the author use images of death to show that it is a part of life?
7. Why does Bourdoncle think that Denise could be the demise of the store?
8. What is the imagery introduced in Chapter 2 regarding the big department store?
9. How does the author use the element of foreshadowing in Chapter 7?
10. How does Denise first come in contact with Au Bonheur des Dames?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)