|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's wife?
2. In what department does Pauline work?
(a) Ladies wear.
3. Robineau mentions an opening in the ____________ department at Au Bonheur des Dames.
(a) ladies shoes.
(b) ladies wear.
(c) men's suits
4. Who is the owner of Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Octavius Morton.
(b) Octave Morrison.
(c) Octave Mouret.
(d) Oscar Mouret.
5. Where does Denise get a job?
(a) Robineau's new shop.
(b) A bistro.
(c) A museum.
(d) A theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the assistant silk buyer at Au Bonheur des Dames?
2. Why does Madame Aurelie not let Denise sell to a customer?
3. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
4. Who does Mouret hope to meet at the tea?
5. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Denise's feelings as she begins work at Au Bonheur des Dames?
2. Explain the symbolism of the windows in Chapter 13.
3. Why can Baudu no longer honor the offer he had made to Denise a year ago?
4. What are Denise's reactions to Pauline's suggestion on how to assuage her loneliness?
5. Why does Denise's rejection of Mouret's advances leave him confused?
6. What is Denise's demeanor during this difficult time at the store?
7. What is the perception by the store management when they learn that the sales girls are taking on extra work?
8. What surprises Mouret about Denise's love for him?
9. According to Madame Desforges, how do distinguished women view Mouret's store?
10. How does Mouret exploit women to achieve his goals?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)