|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
2. What happens to the business where Denise moonlights?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It expands quickly.
(c) It goes bankrupt.
(d) It hires Denise.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. What happens at the store during the summer?
(a) Huge summer sales.
(b) Increased advertising.
(c) Mass employee layoffs.
(d) A fire in the ladies department.
5. Who is the owner of Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Oscar Mouret.
(b) Octave Morrison.
(c) Octavius Morton.
(d) Octave Mouret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Denise's constant worry?
2. On whom does Denise develop a crush?
3. Who is Mouret's lover?
4. What is Madame Desforges hosting at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. For what event is Au Bonheur des Dames prepared at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Robineau come to regarding Denise's opinion on why large stores are so successful?
2. What are some of Mouret's business practices that have made him successful?
3. Describe the initial contacts between Denise and Mouret.
4. How does the store bring out the worst in the store's customers?
5. How does Vincard symbolize the easier life the store owners could achieve if they can only give in and sell out to Mouret?
6. What is Denise's demeanor during this difficult time at the store?
7. Why is Denise proof that Mouret's money will not buy him everything he wants?
8. How does Baudu's store fare during the road construction period?
9. Why is Denise so apprehensive about Jouve?
10. Why does Denise end up leaving the store when she could have anything she wanted?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)