|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
2. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Files a wrongful termination lawsuit.
(b) Walks around the city in a daze.
(c) Sets fire to the store.
(d) Throws a rock through the store window.
3. Who is Mouret's right-hand man?
4. Why is Denise attracted to Hutin?
(a) He is a leader.
(b) He is nice to her.
(c) He is gorgeous.
(d) He is couragepis.
5. Which of the following departments do Mouret and Bourdoncle NOT visit this morning?
(c) Infant clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
3. Who is the man who is seen in the basement with Denise?
4. Who is Uncle Baudu's assistant?
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Desforges treat Denise when she realizes that Mouret is interested in Denise?
2. How does Mouret exploit women to achieve his goals?
3. Describe some of Denise's feelings as she learns her way around the store and the employees.
4. According to Madame Desforges, how do distinguished women view Mouret's store?
5. What are Denise's feelings as she begins work at Au Bonheur des Dames?
6. How does Denise first come in contact with Au Bonheur des Dames?
7. Summarize the story of AU BONHEUR DES DAMES.
8. Explain the imagery of comparing the store to a church or temple.
9. How does the store bring out the worst in the store's customers?
10. What are Mouret's expansion plans?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)