|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which silk department employee wants Robineau's job?
2. Why does Jouve try to get Denise fired?
(a) She does not have a sales mentality.
(b) She is rude to customers.
(c) She rejects his sexual overtures.
(d) She is always late.
3. Which of the following departments do Mouret and Bourdoncle NOT visit this morning?
(b) Infant clothing.
4. Why does Madame Aurelie reprimand Denise?
(a) For wearing inappropriate clothes.
(b) For being gone so much lately.
(c) For not wearing makeup.
(d) For leaving early.
5. Why does Bourdoncle have Denise fired?
(a) For being with a man in the basement.
(b) For coming in late too much.
(c) For stealing clothes.
(d) For insulting a customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Denise wait to apply for a job?
2. On what day of the week does Madame Desforge hold her teas?
3. What does Pauline advise Denise to get?
4. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
5. What do the salespeople do at the end of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Genevieve's death?
2. How does the author use the element of foreshadowing in Chapter 7?
3. Explain Denise's internal conflict related to her burgeoning feelings for Mouret.
4. Explain the symbolism of the windows in Chapter 13.
5. How does Denise first come in contact with Au Bonheur des Dames?
6. What are Denise's feelings as she begins work at Au Bonheur des Dames?
7. What is the symbolism of the store blocking the sun from the surrounding neighborhoods?
8. What are Denise's reactions to Pauline's suggestion on how to assuage her loneliness?
9. Who is Mouret and why is Uncle Baudu so angry at him?
10. According to Madame Desforges, how do distinguished women view Mouret's store?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)