|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
(a) Ladies evening wear.
2. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
(a) Mouret's concierge.
(b) A school friend of Mouret's.
(c) Mouret's brother-in-law.
(d) Mouret's financial adviser.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. Who is the man who is seen in the basement with Denise?
5. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Throws a rock through the store window.
(b) Sets fire to the store.
(c) Walks around the city in a daze.
(d) Files a wrongful termination lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Denise and her brothers come from?
2. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
3. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
4. Why does Mouret hope to meet Baron Hartmann?
5. At which of the following stores does Madame Desforges NOT buy her clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the conflict going on in departments of the store.
2. How does the relationship between Denise and Mouret evolve in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Mouret think Denise is leaving and why does he think it might be a good idea to remain a bachelor?
4. What are Mouret's expansion plans?
5. What is the burgeoning awareness between Mouret and Denise?
6. What is the symbolism of the store blocking the sun from the surrounding neighborhoods?
7. What is the main theme in Chapter 10?
8. How does Madame Desforges treat Denise when she realizes that Mouret is interested in Denise?
9. What does Madame Desforges host for Mouret's benefit?
10. What does the color white symbolize in Chapter 14?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)