|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mouret wants to partner with Baron Hartmann to ___________________.
(a) get international business.
(b) get better interest rates.
(c) get more publicity.
(d) expand the store.
2. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
(a) Mouret's brother-in-law.
(b) Mouret's concierge.
(c) A school friend of Mouret's.
(d) Mouret's financial adviser.
3. Who is the assistant silk buyer at Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. Who is Mouret's right-hand man?
5. Who is Mouret's lover?
(a) Madame Desforges.
(b) Madame Antin.
(c) Madame Defarge.
(d) Madame Ballou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs in the reception area during the morning inspection?
2. Why does Madame Aurelie reprimand Denise?
3. Who are Denise's brothers?
4. How long has Denise been working at the store at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of Denise's feelings as she learns her way around the store and the employees.
2. Why is Denise proof that Mouret's money will not buy him everything he wants?
3. What surprises Mouret about Denise's love for him?
4. What are Mouret's expansion plans?
5. Explain Denise's internal conflict related to her burgeoning feelings for Mouret.
6. Why does Denise's rejection of Mouret's advances leave him confused?
7. What is Denise's demeanor during this difficult time at the store?
8. What is the symbolism of Genevieve's death?
9. What does the author show about the dark nature of the store's employees?
10. What is the burgeoning awareness between Mouret and Denise?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)