|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denise finally get when spring arrives?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A house.
(c) A lover.
(d) A salary.
2. On what product does Mouret stake the store's future?
3. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Files a wrongful termination lawsuit.
(b) Walks around the city in a daze.
(c) Throws a rock through the store window.
(d) Sets fire to the store.
4. Who is Pauline's boyfriend?
5. On what day of the week does Madame Desforge hold her teas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
2. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's store?
3. What happens when Denise pushes Jouve away from her?
4. What does Pauline advise Denise to get?
5. Why is Denise so endearing to Mouret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a recurring theme in the book notably beginning in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Mouret and why is Uncle Baudu so angry at him?
3. What are Denise's feelings as she begins work at Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. Where does Denise think that her relationship with Mouret will lead?
5. Explain the symbolism of the windows in Chapter 13.
6. What are Mouret's expansion plans?
7. How does Baudu's store fare during the road construction period?
8. Who are some of the women at Madame Desforges' tea and what is revealed about their shopping habits?
9. What is the symbolism of Genevieve's death?
10. What are Bourdoncle's business philosophies that are in sharp contrast to Mouret's?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)