|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
2. What does Robineau reveal about the coat whose quality a customer complains?
(a) He had his best seamstress make it.
(b) He bought the finest wool available.
(c) He had it made just for that customer.
(d) He bought it at Au Bonheur des Dames.
3. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
(b) Puffy clouds.
4. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's daughter?
5. From whom does Denise rent a room?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robineau try to help Denise?
2. Who is the main character in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
3. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
4. What do the salespeople do at the end of the day?
5. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the color white symbolize in Chapter 14?
2. What is the imagery introduced in Chapter 2 regarding the big department store?
3. According to Madame Desforges, how do distinguished women view Mouret's store?
4. What does the author show about the dark nature of the store's employees?
5. What are Denise's working conditions at the store?
6. What is the perception by the store management when they learn that the sales girls are taking on extra work?
7. What surprises Mouret about Denise's love for him?
8. Summarize the story of AU BONHEUR DES DAMES.
9. What other reasons does Madame Baudu speculate could be the source of Genevieve's illness aside from the postponement of her marriage to Colomban?
10. How does the store bring out the worst in the store's customers?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)