|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings her children to the store as a form of entertainment?
(a) Madame Bollinger.
(b) Madame Bodeau.
(c) Madame Bourdelais.
(d) Madame Ballou.
2. What is Madame Guibal doing in the reading room?
(a) Having tea.
(b) Waiting for Monsieur de Boves.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Flipping through magazines.
3. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
(a) He/she gets better salaries.
(b) He/she gets health insurance.
(c) He/she goes down in class.
(d) He/she is made a partner.
4. Chapter 10 includes imagery of _______________.
5. What thought does Mouret begin to entertain at the end of Chapter 12?
(b) Vacationing in St. Moritz.
(c) Marrying Denise.
(d) Expanding to London.
6. Who is Pauline going to marry?
7. What does Mouret offer to do for Denise?
(a) Promote her.
(b) Set her up in a nice lifestyle.
(c) Pay her medical bills.
(d) Marry her.
8. What is the secret to running a successful store like Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Publicity stunts.
(b) Aggressive advertising.
(c) Regular merchandise discounts.
(d) The continuous turnover of capital.
9. What is the theme of the dreams that Denise has during this period?
(a) The struggle to survive.
(b) Finding true love.
(c) Working through grief.
(d) Reaching one's goals.
10. What is the source of Genevieve's physical decline?
(a) She is anorexic.
(b) She has a terminal illness.
(c) She is on a hunger strike.
(d) Her depressed emotional state.
11. Why does Madame Desforges make things difficult for Denise?
(a) She thinks Denise is having an affair with Mouret.
(b) She thinks Denise wants her job.
(c) She wants Denise to quit.
(d) She thinks Denise is rude.
12. What does Madame Desforges flaunt in front of Denise?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her affair with Mouret.
(d) Her social statuse.
13. What does Mouret ask Denise?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will leave quietly.
(c) If she will run the store for him.
(d) If she will be head silk buyer.
14. What goal has Mouret met at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Denise has agreed to marry him.
(b) His expansion plan is approved.
(c) His store has the largest silk inventory in France.
(d) His store has a fleet of 50 delivery vans.
15. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Mouret's anger on this day?
2. What is Madame Desforges' plan?
3. Why is Genevieve so upset at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. Why is Mouret in such despair?
5. Who has Jouve accused of being a thief?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)