|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Chapter 10 begins?
2. What does Mouret offer to do for Denise?
(a) Promote her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Set her up in a nice lifestyle.
(d) Pay her medical bills.
3. What is the secret to running a successful store like Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) The continuous turnover of capital.
(b) Publicity stunts.
(c) Aggressive advertising.
(d) Regular merchandise discounts.
4. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
5. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
(b) Jean's wife.
(c) Pepe's girlfriend.
6. How does Madame de Boves behave when discovered stealing?
7. What is Madame Desforges' plan?
(a) To remodel her dining room.
(b) To retire in three years.
(c) To take a trip to Spain.
(d) To get Mouret and Denise at her house together.
8. What seems to be the primary topic of conversation in the store?
(a) World War I.
(b) Denise's love life.
(c) The price of silk.
(d) The major fashion designers.
9. Which group is beginning to forge a new, nameless class?
(d) Shop girls.
10. Which of the following does NOT happen to Bourras?
(a) His store is demolished.
(b) His store is expanded.
(c) He is evicted.
(d) He declares bankruptcy.
11. Who decides to steal Colomban from his fiancee?
12. What does Madame Desforges flaunt in front of Denise?
(a) Her social statuse.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her affair with Mouret.
13. What goal has Mouret met at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His expansion plan is approved.
(b) His store has a fleet of 50 delivery vans.
(c) Denise has agreed to marry him.
(d) His store has the largest silk inventory in France.
14. What does Denise notice about Genevieve when she tries to comfort her?
(a) She has begun to stutter.
(b) She is very thin.
(c) She has bruises on her back.
(d) She has gained a lot of weight.
15. What job does Mouret give to Denise?
(a) Assistant buyer.
(b) Advertising manager.
(c) Ladies department head.
(d) Millinery manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings her children to the store as a form of entertainment?
2. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
3. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
4. What happens to Genevieve as a result of her grief?
5. What does Baudu talk to Colomban about?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)