|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose is the second funeral held in Chapter 13?
(b) Madame Baudu's.
2. Which of the following does NOT happen to Bourras?
(a) He declares bankruptcy.
(b) His store is expanded.
(c) His store is demolished.
(d) He is evicted.
3. What goal has Mouret met at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His store has the largest silk inventory in France.
(b) His store has a fleet of 50 delivery vans.
(c) Denise has agreed to marry him.
(d) His expansion plan is approved.
4. Who is Pauline going to marry?
5. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
(a) He/she gets health insurance.
(b) He/she gets better salaries.
(c) He/she is made a partner.
(d) He/she goes down in class.
6. Why is Mouret crying?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) His daughter is leaving home.
(c) Denise is going back home.
(d) Denise has agreed to marry him.
7. What does Madame Desforges flaunt in front of Denise?
(a) Her social statuse.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her affair with Mouret.
8. What color covers Baudu's shop after the deaths?
9. Why is Genevieve so upset at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Her brother has died.
(b) Her mother has a terminal illness.
(c) Colomban has left her.
(d) She was terminated from her job.
10. What is the overall task in the store in August?
(a) Advertising campaigns.
(b) Holiday preparations.
(d) Taking inventory.
11. Who decides to steal Colomban from his fiancee?
12. Who is caught stealing during the big sales?
(a) Madame Desforges.
(b) Madame Ballou.
(c) Madame Boulanger.
(d) Madame de Boves.
13. What thought does Mouret begin to entertain at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Vacationing in St. Moritz.
(c) Marrying Denise.
(d) Expanding to London.
14. What item of clothing has Denise come to help Madame Desforges with?
(a) A cocktail dress.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A coat.
(d) An evening gown.
15. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
(a) China and crystal.
(b) Gourmet food.
(c) Children's wear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision has Mouret made at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
3. What record does the store make on the day of the big sale?
4. What problem does Mouret talk about with Vallagnosc?
5. What is the topic of all the store rumors?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)