|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mouret's feelings about the rumors of Denise?
2. What type of women does Madame Desforges say that Mouret's store cannot dress?
3. What is the source of Genevieve's physical decline?
(a) Her depressed emotional state.
(b) She is on a hunger strike.
(c) She is anorexic.
(d) She has a terminal illness.
4. What does Mouret offer to do for Denise?
(a) Promote her.
(b) Pay her medical bills.
(c) Set her up in a nice lifestyle.
(d) Marry her.
5. What is the main theme of Chapter 10?
6. What problem does Mouret talk about with Vallagnosc?
(b) Customer service.
7. What does Genevieve's death symbolize?
(a) The suffering one does for love.
(b) The plague that is speeding across France.
(c) The death of old ways of doing business.
(d) The need to be assertive to get what you want.
8. Which of the following does Denise NOT have implemented for the staff as a result of her relationship with Mouret?
(a) Gym memberships.
(b) Educational classes.
(c) Game rooms.
(d) A library.
9. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
(b) Pepe's girlfriend.
(c) Jean's wife.
10. What is the new department in which Denise becomes a buyer?
(b) China and crystal.
(c) Gourmet food.
(d) Children's wear.
11. From whom does Denise get a letter?
(b) Her aunt.
12. Which of the following does Mouret NOT do with Denise?
(a) Terminates her.
(b) Tells her he loves her.
(c) Says he has given up all other women.
(d) Begs her to stay.
13. Whose is the second funeral held in Chapter 13?
(a) Madame Baudu's.
14. What happens to a shop owner if he/she is forced to work for someone else?
(a) He/she is made a partner.
(b) He/she gets better salaries.
(c) He/she gets health insurance.
(d) He/she goes down in class.
15. How does Mouret feel about Denise at this point?
(a) He is falling in love with her.
(b) He enjoys her to a point.
(c) He detests her.
(d) He barely tolerates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What record does the store make on the day of the big sale?
2. Which of the following does Denise NOT achieve in the new department?
3. What is Madame Desforges' plan?
4. What is one thing that Mouret's money cannot buy for him?
5. What job does Denise offer to Baudu?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)