|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Mouret remained a bachelor for so long?
(a) He cannot commite.
(b) He is not interested in women.
(c) He thinks it is the key to his success.
(d) He has not found the right woman.
2. Why does Bouthemont say that distinguished ladies will not admit to wearing clothes from Mouret's store?
(a) They want people to think they wear only designer clothes.
(b) Mouret's bad reputation.
(c) The low prices.
(d) The store's quality is declining.
3. Why is Colomban and Genevieve's marriage postponed again?
(a) Colomban's parents do not like Genevieve.
(b) Baudu's pride will not let him pass on an almost bankrupt business.
(c) Baudu thinks that Genevieve can do better for herself.
(d) Baudu has a background check done on Colomban.
4. What decision has Mouret made at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Give everyone a raise.
(b) Extend store hours.
(c) Rearrange the departments.
(d) Sell the store.
5. Whose funeral is the first one held in Chapter 13?
6. Which of the following does NOT happen to Bourras?
(a) His store is demolished.
(b) He declares bankruptcy.
(c) His store is expanded.
(d) He is evicted.
7. What is Madame Guibal doing in the reading room?
(a) Waiting for Monsieur de Boves.
(b) Flipping through magazines.
(c) Having tea.
(d) Taking a nap.
8. Which of the following is NOT what Denise thinks about marrying Mouret and keeping her reputation intact?
(a) She can return to the store as a queen.
(b) She would marry him anytime if he would just ask.
(c) Mouret can marry her on her turf.
(d) Mouret can come to Valgones for her.
9. Which of the following is NOT how Bouthemont describes shop girls?
(a) Lacking education.
(b) Good dressers.
(c) Immersed in luxury.
(d) Financially savvy.
10. Which of the following does Denise NOT achieve in the new department?
(d) Better salary.
11. Why is Mouret crying?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) Denise is going back home.
(c) Denise has agreed to marry him.
(d) His daughter is leaving home.
12. What does Mouret plan for after Denise has gone?
(a) To go into hiding for awhile.
(b) To retire early.
(c) To go to Valgones and marry her there.
(d) To find another girl to marry.
13. Who breaks his legs while trying to commit suicide?
14. What is the imagery of the store in Chapter 9?
(a) A church.
(b) Storm clouds.
15. What job does Denise offer to Baudu?
(c) Delivery driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Baudu sell his country house?
2. What does Madame Desforges flaunt in front of Denise?
3. Whose is the second funeral held in Chapter 13?
4. What is the overall task in the store in August?
5. Who brings her children to the store as a form of entertainment?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)