|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color covers Baudu's shop after the deaths?
2. Which of the following does NOT happen to Bourras?
(a) He is evicted.
(b) His store is demolished.
(c) His store is expanded.
(d) He declares bankruptcy.
3. To what does Mouret invite Denise?
4. Which of the following does Denise NOT achieve in the new department?
(d) Better salary.
5. There are rampant rumors that Mouret will marry ___________.
6. What thought does Mouret begin to entertain at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Marrying Denise.
(b) Vacationing in St. Moritz.
(d) Expanding to London.
7. Why is Mouret in such despair?
(a) The store is in bankruptcy.
(b) Denise still refuses his invitations.
(c) His mother has died.
(d) His wife has asked for a divorce.
8. What does Bouthemont talk to Madame Desforges about?
(a) Designing clothes for his store.
(b) Setting up a competitive store.
(c) Marrying him.
(d) Taking a trip to England.
9. What happens to Genevieve as a result of her grief?
(a) She dies.
(b) She stays in bed for months.
(c) She rallies and goes out on the town.
(d) She gets counseling.
10. What is the imagery of the store in Chapter 9?
(b) A church.
(d) Storm clouds.
11. What decision has Mouret made at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Rearrange the departments.
(b) Sell the store.
(c) Extend store hours.
(d) Give everyone a raise.
12. Whose is the second funeral held in Chapter 13?
(c) Madame Baudu's.
13. Chapter 10 includes imagery of _______________.
14. Which group is beginning to forge a new, nameless class?
(d) Shop girls.
15. For whom do Pepe and Jean buy some articles during the big sale?
(a) Jean's wife.
(c) Pepe's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pauline going to marry?
2. What month is it when Chapter 10 begins?
3. Why does Bouthemont say that distinguished ladies will not admit to wearing clothes from Mouret's store?
4. What is one thing that Mouret's money cannot buy for him?
5. What problem does Mouret talk about with Vallagnosc?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)