Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
2. What does Robineau reveal about the coat whose quality a customer complains?
(a) He had his best seamstress make it.
(b) He bought the finest wool available.
(c) He had it made just for that customer.
(d) He bought it at Au Bonheur des Dames.
3. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
(b) Puffy clouds.
4. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's daughter?
5. From whom does Denise rent a room?
6. How does Robineau try to help Denise?
(a) He gives her extra work hours.
(b) He loans her some money.
(c) He gives her money.
(d) He finds her some moonlighting work.
7. Who is the main character in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
8. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
9. What do the salespeople do at the end of the day?
(a) Go out for drinks.
(b) Figure their percentages.
(c) Sweep the dressing rooms.
(d) Wipe the counters.
10. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(b) Men's shoes.
11. Where does Denise wait to apply for a job?
(a) In front of Au Bonheur des Dames.
(b) At a coffee shop.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a bistro.
12. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
(a) 16 francs.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 2 francs.
(d) 6 francs.
13. Who invites Denise to his home and then expects sexual favors?
14. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the silk department?
(a) Sexual conquests.
(b) Fierce competition.
(c) Mellow atmosphere.
(d) Sales rivalries.
15. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following departments do Mouret and Bourdoncle NOT visit this morning?
2. What role does Mouret assume in the store?
3. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
4. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
5. What is a prominent theme in Chapter 7?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)