|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the imagery of the big department store in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Denise get a job?
(a) A museum.
(b) A bistro.
(c) Robineau's new shop.
(d) A theatre.
3. Where do Denise and her brothers go to find a new life?
4. Denise is criticized for her big dress and _______________.
(a) old coat.
(b) old shoes.
(c) messy hair.
(d) floppy hat.
5. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(c) Men's shoes.
6. Robineau mentions an opening in the ____________ department at Au Bonheur des Dames.
(b) ladies wear.
(c) ladies shoes.
(d) men's suits
7. What is Denise's constant worry?
(a) Having enough money.
(b) Jean's health issues.
(c) Learning a new skill.
(d) Getting a better job.
8. Why does Madame Aurelie not let Denise sell to a customer?
(a) Denise has other tasks to complete.
(b) The customer asked for Madame Aurelie.
(c) The customer is a regular.
(d) Denise is inexperienced.
9. Which of the following does Mouret NOT think about Denise's situation?
(a) He knows where she lives.
(b) He knows where she works.
(c) He wonders why she stays with his enemies.
(d) He thinks she is a prostitute now.
10. Who is the young man who made a serious delivery error the previous day?
11. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the silk department?
(a) Fierce competition.
(b) Sales rivalries.
(c) Mellow atmosphere.
(d) Sexual conquests.
12. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
13. Who is the assistant silk buyer at Au Bonheur des Dames?
14. On what do Gaujean and Robineau plan to challenge Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) A black silk.
(b) Rare truffles.
(c) A vintage champagne.
(d) Millinery styles.
15. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
(d) Puffy clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Denise attracted to Hutin?
2. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
3. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
4. Why is Denise so endearing to Mouret?
5. In what department does Pauline work?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)