|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs in the reception area during the morning inspection?
(a) Customers are treated to cafe au lait and croissants.
(b) Goods are being unloaded for a sale.
(c) Shoppers are rushing in for a sale.
(d) The area is being remodeled.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
3. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
(a) Madame Arquette.
(b) Madame Aydelotte.
(c) Madame Aurelie.
(d) Madame Auclair.
4. From whom does Denise rent a room?
5. It is important to Denise that ____________ knows the truth about what really happened in the basement.
6. Who invites Denise to his home and then expects sexual favors?
7. What is the atmosphere of the ladies' wear department while Denise waits for an interview?
8. Why does Bourdoncle have Denise fired?
(a) For being with a man in the basement.
(b) For stealing clothes.
(c) For insulting a customer.
(d) For coming in late too much.
9. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
(a) They make fun of people.
(b) They are gracious.
(c) They undermine each other.
(d) They put on airs.
10. Why does Madame Aurelie reprimand Denise?
(a) For being gone so much lately.
(b) For not wearing makeup.
(c) For wearing inappropriate clothes.
(d) For leaving early.
11. Robineau mentions an opening in the ____________ department at Au Bonheur des Dames.
(b) ladies wear.
(c) men's suits
(d) ladies shoes.
12. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(b) Men's shoes.
13. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Throws a rock through the store window.
(b) Walks around the city in a daze.
(c) Sets fire to the store.
(d) Files a wrongful termination lawsuit.
14. Who is the man who is seen in the basement with Denise?
15. What are symbols of Au Bonheur des Dame's new ways of doing retail business in Paris?
(a) The newspaper ads.
(b) The silk displays.
(c) The charge cards.
(d) The vans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denise is criticized for her big dress and _______________.
2. Mouret wants to partner with Baron Hartmann to ___________________.
3. Which of the following does Bourras NOT bring Denise when Pepe gets sick?
4. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
5. To what is Denise's life as a shop girl compared?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)