|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bourras angry at Mouret?
(a) Mouret wants to buy out Bourras' store.
(b) Mouret has an affair with Bourras' wife.
(c) Mouret has cheated Bourras in a business deal.
(d) Mouret tries to seduce Bourras' daughter.
2. Where is Denise when she sees Mouret again?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The Tuileries Gardens.
(d) A bistro near the Seine.
3. What is Denise's constant worry?
(a) Learning a new skill.
(b) Jean's health issues.
(c) Having enough money.
(d) Getting a better job.
4. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the silk department?
(a) Mellow atmosphere.
(b) Sales rivalries.
(c) Sexual conquests.
(d) Fierce competition.
5. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's wife?
6. How long has Denise been working at the store at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. Who is Pauline's boyfriend?
8. Where do Denise and her brothers go to find a new life?
9. What role does Mouret assume in the store?
(a) King of all he surveys.
(c) Benevolent despot.
(d) Benevolent prince.
10. Who are the other tenants living in the house with Denise?
(d) Drug dealers.
11. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's store?
(a) Bon Vivant.
(b) Vieil Baudain.
(c) Vieil Elbeuf.
(d) Creme Patissiere.
12. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's daughter?
13. Robineau mentions an opening in the ____________ department at Au Bonheur des Dames.
(a) ladies shoes.
(b) men's suits
(d) ladies wear.
14. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
(a) Madame Auclair.
(b) Madame Arquette.
(c) Madame Aurelie.
(d) Madame Aydelotte.
15. On what do Gaujean and Robineau plan to challenge Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Millinery styles.
(b) Rare truffles.
(c) A vintage champagne.
(d) A black silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pauline advise Denise to get?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
3. What do the salespeople do at the end of the day?
4. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
5. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)