|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Denise so endearing to Mouret?
(a) She admired his silk display.
(b) She is his niece.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is smart.
2. How does Mouret entice the ladies to shop at Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Free delivery.
(b) Talking about bargains.
(c) Free wine.
(d) Customer appreciation programs.
3. How does Robineau try to help Denise?
(a) He gives her extra work hours.
(b) He gives her money.
(c) He loans her some money.
(d) He finds her some moonlighting work.
4. Who are Denise's brothers?
(a) Pepe and James.
(b) Pepe and John.
(c) Pepe and Jean.
(d) Paul and Jean.
5. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(b) Men's shoes.
6. What is the name of the store that is creating competition for other stores?
(a) Au Bonheur des Dames.
(b) Bonwit Teller.
(c) Saks Fifth Avenue.
7. At which of the following stores does Madame Desforges NOT buy her clothes?
(b) Au bonheur des Dames.
8. How old is Denise?
9. Who is Pauline's boyfriend?
10. What is Mouret's best business skill?
11. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
(c) Ladies evening wear.
12. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
13. Who is Mouret's right-hand man?
14. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
15. What does Denise finally get when spring arrives?
(a) A lover.
(b) A salary.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Denise pushes Jouve away from her?
2. What happens at the store during the summer?
3. Where do Denise and her brothers go to find a new life?
4. Who declares his love for Denise despite the fact that she only wants to be friends with him?
5. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's daughter?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)