|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pauline advise Denise to get?
(a) A bigger apartment.
(b) A lover.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A better job.
2. What is Madame Desforges hosting at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A tea.
(b) A cocktail party.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A dinner party.
3. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(d) Men's shoes.
4. Who is the young man who made a serious delivery error the previous day?
5. What does Robineau reveal about the coat whose quality a customer complains?
(a) He bought it at Au Bonheur des Dames.
(b) He had it made just for that customer.
(c) He bought the finest wool available.
(d) He had his best seamstress make it.
6. Who is the main character in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
7. It is important to Denise that ____________ knows the truth about what really happened in the basement.
8. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
(a) 6 francs.
(b) 16 francs.
(c) 2 francs.
(d) 10 francs.
9. The silk department employees wish that ____________ would not come back from holiday.
10. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
11. If the store is a big machine, Denise feels like ___________.
(a) the noise.
(b) a cog.
(c) the motor oil.
(d) the start button.
12. What is a prominent theme in Chapter 7?
(b) Not selling out.
(d) Search for love.
13. Which one of the ladies shows off her purchases despite the presence of her nearly destitute husband?
(a) Madame Delacroix.
(b) Madame Ballou.
(c) Madame Antin.
(d) Madame Marty.
14. What is the name of Denise's uncle?
(a) Uncle Baldwin.
(b) Uncle Bebe.
(c) Uncle Baudu.
(d) Uncle Bill.
15. What are symbols of Au Bonheur des Dame's new ways of doing retail business in Paris?
(a) The charge cards.
(b) The silk displays.
(c) The newspaper ads.
(d) The vans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Denise wait to apply for a job?
2. Who are Denise's brothers?
3. On what day of the week does Madame Desforge hold her teas?
4. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
5. In what department does Pauline work?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)