|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young man who made a serious delivery error the previous day?
2. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
3. For what event is Au Bonheur des Dames prepared at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Easter sale.
(b) Bastille Day sale.
(c) Winter sale.
(d) Christmas sale.
4. What role does Mouret assume in the store?
(a) Benevolent prince.
(b) Benevolent despot.
(c) King of all he surveys.
5. On what product does Mouret stake the store's future?
6. Why does Bourdoncle have Denise fired?
(a) For stealing clothes.
(b) For coming in late too much.
(c) For insulting a customer.
(d) For being with a man in the basement.
7. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's daughter?
8. Why does Madame Aurelie not let Denise sell to a customer?
(a) Denise has other tasks to complete.
(b) Denise is inexperienced.
(c) The customer is a regular.
(d) The customer asked for Madame Aurelie.
9. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
(a) 16 francs.
(b) 2 francs.
(c) 6 francs.
(d) 10 francs.
10. Where is Denise when she sees Mouret again?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Tuileries Gardens.
(c) A bistro near the Seine.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
11. What does Mouret say about Denise's termination?
(a) He apologizes for the misunderstanding.
(b) He says it was a long time coming.
(c) He says it was inevitable.
(d) He stands firm on his decision.
12. Where does Denise get a job?
(a) Robineau's new shop.
(b) A museum.
(c) A bistro.
(d) A theatre.
13. Who invites Denise to his home and then expects sexual favors?
14. Who is Pauline's boyfriend?
15. What does Pauline advise Denise to get?
(a) A lover.
(b) A better job.
(c) A bigger apartment.
(d) A new wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a prominent theme in Chapter 7?
2. What is Mouret's best business skill?
3. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. What is the atmosphere of the ladies' wear department while Denise waits for an interview?
5. What happens to the business where Denise moonlights?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)