|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
(d) Ladies evening wear.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
3. Who invites Denise to his home and then expects sexual favors?
4. Who is the young man who made a serious delivery error the previous day?
5. What are symbols of Au Bonheur des Dame's new ways of doing retail business in Paris?
(a) The newspaper ads.
(b) The charge cards.
(c) The vans.
(d) The silk displays.
6. What is Madame Desforges hosting at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) An engagement party.
(b) A cocktail party.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A tea.
7. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Throws a rock through the store window.
(b) Sets fire to the store.
(c) Files a wrongful termination lawsuit.
(d) Walks around the city in a daze.
8. From whom does Denise rent a room?
9. What is the atmosphere of the ladies' wear department while Denise waits for an interview?
10. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
11. In what department does Pauline work?
(a) Ladies wear.
12. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
(b) Puffy clouds.
13. Why is Denise so endearing to Mouret?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is his niece.
(c) She is smart.
(d) She admired his silk display.
14. Jean has an apprenticeship with _________________.
(a) an electrician.
(b) an accountant.
(c) a sculptor.
(d) an ivory craftsman.
15. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
2. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
3. Which of the following does Bourras NOT bring Denise when Pepe gets sick?
4. Where do Denise and her brothers come from?
5. What position does Albert's father, Lhomme, have at the store?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)