|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Mouret assume in the store?
(a) King of all he surveys.
(b) Benevolent despot.
(c) Benevolent prince.
2. What is a prominent theme in Chapter 7?
(a) Search for love.
(c) Not selling out.
3. Which of the following is NOT a salesgirl in the ladies department?
4. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
5. The silk department employees wish that ____________ would not come back from holiday.
6. Why does Mouret hope to meet Baron Hartmann?
(a) He is the President of France.
(b) He is the director of the Credit Imobilier.
(c) He is a silk importer.
(d) He is an international sommelier.
7. On what product does Mouret stake the store's future?
8. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
(c) Ladies evening wear.
9. What position does Albert's father, Lhomme, have at the store?
(a) Chief cashier.
(b) Head tailor.
(d) Millinery designer.
10. Denise is criticized for her big dress and _______________.
(a) old coat.
(b) floppy hat.
(c) old shoes.
(d) messy hair.
11. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's wife?
12. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(b) Men's shoes.
13. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
14. What is the atmosphere of the ladies' wear department while Denise waits for an interview?
15. Why is Denise so endearing to Mouret?
(a) She is smart.
(b) She is his niece.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She admired his silk display.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bourras angry at Mouret?
2. To what is Denise's life as a shop girl compared?
3. Jean has an apprenticeship with _________________.
4. Where does Denise get a job?
5. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)