|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
2. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
3. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the silk department?
(a) Sexual conquests.
(b) Fierce competition.
(c) Sales rivalries.
(d) Mellow atmosphere.
4. In what department does Pauline work?
(b) Ladies wear.
5. Who is Uncle Baudu's assistant?
6. Why does Mouret hope to meet Baron Hartmann?
(a) He is an international sommelier.
(b) He is a silk importer.
(c) He is the director of the Credit Imobilier.
(d) He is the President of France.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
8. What happens when Denise pushes Jouve away from her?
(a) He hits his head on a railing.
(b) He falls down.
(c) Wine splatters on his tie.
(d) He slaps her.
9. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
(a) They put on airs.
(b) They undermine each other.
(c) They make fun of people.
(d) They are gracious.
10. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's store?
(a) Vieil Elbeuf.
(b) Vieil Baudain.
(c) Bon Vivant.
(d) Creme Patissiere.
11. What do the salespeople do at the end of the day?
(a) Wipe the counters.
(b) Figure their percentages.
(c) Sweep the dressing rooms.
(d) Go out for drinks.
12. Who is the man with a neighboring store that is angry at Mouret for trying to buy out his lease to expand?
13. Who is the main character in AU BONHEUR DES DAMES?
14. On what day of the week does Madame Desforge hold her teas?
15. Which silk department employee wants Robineau's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the imagery of the big department store in Chapter 6?
2. Who invites Denise to his home and then expects sexual favors?
3. What does Mouret say about Denise's termination?
4. What do Mouret and Bourdoncle do first thing every morning?
5. Who befriends Denise at the store?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)