|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Denise's constant worry?
(a) Learning a new skill.
(b) Having enough money.
(c) Jean's health issues.
(d) Getting a better job.
2. From whom does Denise hope to get help?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her stepfather.
3. Jean has an apprenticeship with _________________.
(a) a sculptor.
(b) an electrician.
(c) an accountant.
(d) an ivory craftsman.
4. What role does Mouret assume in the store?
(a) Benevolent prince.
(b) King of all he surveys.
(c) Benevolent despot.
5. On whom does Denise develop a crush?
6. What happens at the store during the summer?
(a) A fire in the ladies department.
(b) Huge summer sales.
(c) Increased advertising.
(d) Mass employee layoffs.
7. How long has Denise been working at the store at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
8. Where is Denise when she sees Mouret again?
(a) A bistro near the Seine.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The Tuileries Gardens.
(d) The Louvre.
9. Who is the most charming salesperson in the silk department?
10. What is the name of the store that is creating competition for other stores?
(a) Saks Fifth Avenue.
(c) Au Bonheur des Dames.
(d) Bonwit Teller.
11. Which of the following departments do Mouret and Bourdoncle NOT visit this morning?
(c) Infant clothing.
12. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
(a) A school friend of Mouret's.
(b) Mouret's concierge.
(c) Mouret's brother-in-law.
(d) Mouret's financial adviser.
13. Who befriends Denise at the store?
14. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
15. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
(b) Puffy clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mouret wants to partner with Baron Hartmann to ___________________.
2. Who is the young man who made a serious delivery error the previous day?
3. Which one of the ladies shows off her purchases despite the presence of her nearly destitute husband?
4. On what do Gaujean and Robineau plan to challenge Au Bonheur des Dames?
5. What is a prominent theme in Chapter 7?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)