|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
(a) Madame Auclair.
(b) Madame Arquette.
(c) Madame Aydelotte.
(d) Madame Aurelie.
2. From whom does Denise hope to get help?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her stepfather.
3. What is a prominent theme in Chapter 7?
(a) Search for love.
(c) Not selling out.
4. Which one of the ladies shows off her purchases despite the presence of her nearly destitute husband?
(a) Madame Marty.
(b) Madame Antin.
(c) Madame Ballou.
(d) Madame Delacroix.
5. Why does Mouret hope to meet Baron Hartmann?
(a) He is an international sommelier.
(b) He is a silk importer.
(c) He is the President of France.
(d) He is the director of the Credit Imobilier.
6. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
(b) Ladies evening wear.
7. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
8. On what product does Mouret stake the store's future?
9. How old is Denise?
10. At which of the following stores does Madame Desforges NOT buy her clothes?
(d) Au bonheur des Dames.
11. What is Mouret's best business skill?
12. In what department does Pauline work?
(a) Ladies wear.
13. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
14. Which of the following is NOT a salesgirl in the ladies department?
15. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's store?
(a) Creme Patissiere.
(b) Bon Vivant.
(c) Vieil Baudain.
(d) Vieil Elbeuf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man with a neighboring store that is angry at Mouret for trying to buy out his lease to expand?
2. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's daughter?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Au Bonheur des Dames?
4. Who is the assistant silk buyer at Au Bonheur des Dames?
5. If the store is a big machine, Denise feels like ___________.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)