|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madame Aurelie plan to give Denise the job?
(a) Mouret has intervened and told her to hire Denise.
(b) Mouret is interested in Denise and Madame Aurelie wants to make a favorable impression with him.
(c) Denise is beautiful and has the perfect personality to sell ladies wear.
(d) Denise has a wonderful body and the clothing will sell itself if she wears it.
2. Who are Denise's brothers?
(a) Paul and Jean.
(b) Pepe and Jean.
(c) Pepe and John.
(d) Pepe and James.
3. Where do Denise and her brothers go to find a new life?
4. What do Mouret and Bourdoncle do first thing every morning?
(a) Inspect the store.
(b) Have breakfast.
(c) Meet with department managers.
(d) Drink cafe au lait.
5. Why does Mouret hope to meet Baron Hartmann?
(a) He is an international sommelier.
(b) He is the director of the Credit Imobilier.
(c) He is a silk importer.
(d) He is the President of France.
6. Who is Paul Vallagnosc?
(a) Mouret's financial adviser.
(b) Mouret's concierge.
(c) A school friend of Mouret's.
(d) Mouret's brother-in-law.
7. What does Mouret say about Denise's termination?
(a) He says it was inevitable.
(b) He says it was a long time coming.
(c) He stands firm on his decision.
(d) He apologizes for the misunderstanding.
8. What do the salespeople do at the end of the day?
(a) Wipe the counters.
(b) Sweep the dressing rooms.
(c) Go out for drinks.
(d) Figure their percentages.
9. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the silk department?
(a) Sales rivalries.
(b) Mellow atmosphere.
(c) Fierce competition.
(d) Sexual conquests.
10. Why does Jouve try to get Denise fired?
(a) She rejects his sexual overtures.
(b) She is rude to customers.
(c) She is always late.
(d) She does not have a sales mentality.
11. Which of the following departments do Mouret and Bourdoncle NOT visit this morning?
(d) Infant clothing.
12. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(a) Men's shoes.
13. What is Mouret's best business skill?
14. Bourdoncle thinks that the women Mouret uses eventually will seek ____________.
15. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Denise's life as a shop girl compared?
2. Who is Uncle Baudu's assistant?
3. What is the name of the store that is creating competition for other stores?
4. In what department does Mouret make a stunning display?
5. Where does Denise get a job?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)