|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mouret hope to meet Baron Hartmann?
(a) He is an international sommelier.
(b) He is the director of the Credit Imobilier.
(c) He is the President of France.
(d) He is a silk importer.
2. What is the name of Uncle Baudu's wife?
3. For what department is Bouthemont the buyer?
(a) Men's shoes.
4. What is the atmosphere of the ladies' wear department while Denise waits for an interview?
5. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
(a) Madame Auclair.
(b) Madame Aurelie.
(c) Madame Arquette.
(d) Madame Aydelotte.
6. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the silk department?
(a) Sales rivalries.
(b) Mellow atmosphere.
(c) Fierce competition.
(d) Sexual conquests.
7. In what department does Pauline work?
(b) Ladies wear.
8. Who is the dressmaker being discussed by all the ladies?
9. What position does Albert's father, Lhomme, have at the store?
(a) Millinery designer.
(c) Chief cashier.
(d) Head tailor.
10. How old is Denise?
11. What are symbols of Au Bonheur des Dame's new ways of doing retail business in Paris?
(a) The charge cards.
(b) The vans.
(c) The silk displays.
(d) The newspaper ads.
12. Which silk department employee wants Robineau's job?
13. Who is Uncle Baudu's assistant?
14. What does Pauline advise Denise to get?
(a) A lover.
(b) A better job.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A bigger apartment.
15. Where does Denise get a job?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A theatre.
(c) A museum.
(d) Robineau's new shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the store during the summer?
2. Mouret wants to partner with Baron Hartmann to ___________________.
3. Who is the inspector who hopes for sexual favors from Denise?
4. Why does Jouve try to get Denise fired?
5. Which of the following is NOT a salesgirl in the ladies department?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)