|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the store is a big machine, Denise feels like ___________.
(a) a cog.
(b) the start button.
(c) the motor oil.
(d) the noise.
2. How much money does Denise borrow from Pauline?
(a) 6 francs.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 16 francs.
(d) 2 francs.
3. Why does Madame Aurelie not let Denise sell to a customer?
(a) Denise has other tasks to complete.
(b) The customer asked for Madame Aurelie.
(c) Denise is inexperienced.
(d) The customer is a regular.
4. What is Denise's constant worry?
(a) Getting a better job.
(b) Having enough money.
(c) Jean's health issues.
(d) Learning a new skill.
5. On what day of the week does Madame Desforge hold her teas?
6. What does Denise do after her dismissal from Au Bonheur des Dames?
(a) Throws a rock through the store window.
(b) Sets fire to the store.
(c) Files a wrongful termination lawsuit.
(d) Walks around the city in a daze.
7. What do Mouret and Bourdoncle do first thing every morning?
(a) Inspect the store.
(b) Have breakfast.
(c) Drink cafe au lait.
(d) Meet with department managers.
8. Who does Mouret hope to meet at the tea?
(a) Baron Hartmann.
(b) Baron Hauptmann.
(c) Uncle Baudu.
9. On what product does Mouret stake the store's future?
10. Jean has an apprenticeship with _________________.
(a) an ivory craftsman.
(b) a sculptor.
(c) an electrician.
(d) an accountant.
11. What is Mouret's best business skill?
12. What type of business does Vincard have?
(a) Ivory shop.
(b) Antiques shop.
(c) Millinery shop.
(d) Silk shop.
13. On whom does Denise develop a crush?
14. Who declares his love for Denise despite the fact that she only wants to be friends with him?
15. Which of the following does NOT characterize the Au Bonheur des Dames employees?
(a) They make fun of people.
(b) They put on airs.
(c) They are gracious.
(d) They undermine each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jouve try to get Denise fired?
2. Who is the buyer in the ladies' wear department?
3. Who invites Denise to his home and then expects sexual favors?
4. Which of the following is NOT imagery presented in this chapter?
5. What does Robineau reveal about the coat whose quality a customer complains?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)