Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Summarize the story of AU BONHEUR DES DAMES.
2. How does Denise first come in contact with Au Bonheur des Dames?
3. What does Denise tell her Uncle Baudu about why she and her brothers have come to Paris?
4. Why can Baudu no longer honor the offer he had made to Denise a year ago?
5. How are the neighborhood stores faring in comparing to the big department store?
6. Who is Mouret and why is Uncle Baudu so angry at him?
This section contains 863 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)