|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does the Queen suggest to King Arthur to wait for Erec to return before deciding who is the most beautiful maiden?
2. What object is described in great detail as having been made by fairies?
(a) The sceptor.
(b) Enide's gown.
(c) The crown.
(d) Erec's robe.
3. After fighting the giants, what happens to Erec once he has returned to Enide?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints.
(c) He continues his journey.
(d) He becomes ill.
4. Who does Alexander want to serve?
(a) The Duke of Saxony.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) King Arthur.
5. What happens to the doctors who beat and torture Fenice?
(a) Alis slays them.
(b) Thessala poisons them.
(c) The court ladies toss them out the window.
(d) Cliges slays them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the end of a row of stakes?
2. How is the second fight between Guivret and Erec stopped?
3. What must Erec do to discover the Joy of the Court?
4. Whom does Erec befriend after a fight?
5. Who is Thessala?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Cliges, what is the irony behind the golden hairs stitched into the shirt that Alexander receives from the Queen?
2. How does Guivret prove his friendship towards Erec after being told Erec is dead, in Erec and Enide?
3. What is the irony behind Alis' choosing of John to build Fenice's tomb in Cliges?
4. What is the meaning of the hunt for the white stag in Erec and Enide?
5. Describe the garden Erec is shown by King Evrain in Erec and Enide.
6. When and why is Alexander knighted, in Cliges?
7. in Cliges, why does Alexander not want to become a knight in Greece?
8. Briefly describe Erec's robe of watered silk in Erec and Enide.
9. In Cliges, Alexander and Alis make a pact. What is this pact, and what does the agreement of the pact say about Alis' character?
10. Why does Erec chase after the knight, the maiden, and the dwarf in Erec and Enide?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)