|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion does Fenice make to Cliges to escape from Alis?
(a) She should fake her death.
(b) She should elope.
(c) She should fake his death.
(d) She should kill Alis.
2. Who says "Eyes, you have betrayed me. My heart was once loyal to me. You made it hate me", and why?
(a) Sir Gawain, because he does not want Soredamour to love Alexander.
(b) Queen Guinevere, because she knows Soredamour and Alexander love each other.
(c) Alexander, because he is in love with Soredamour.
(d) Soredamour, because she is in love with Alexander.
3. How does Alis break his oath to his brother?
(a) By retaining the crown.
(b) By deciding to take a wife.
(c) By not giving up the throne to Cliges.
(d) By giving up the throne to Cliges.
4. Cliges begins by mentioning the Emperor of which lands?
(a) Constantinople and Babylon.
(b) Greece and Constantinople.
(c) England and Greece.
(d) Rome and Greece.
5. Who says "Never do I seek to be free from Love so as not to devote myself always to his service"?
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cliges take Fenice's "dead" body?
2. Why does Enide break her promise to Erec as they are traveling?
3. After leaving King Arthur a second time, who do Erec and Enide come across and why is she distressed?
4. To whom does Erec reveal his identity after fighting him?
5. After fighting the giants, what happens to Erec once he has returned to Enide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give a brief description of the knight, Erec, from Erec and Enide.
2. What is the sparrowhawk contest in Erec and Enide?
3. How does Guivret prove his friendship towards Erec after being told Erec is dead, in Erec and Enide?
4. When and why is Alexander knighted, in Cliges?
5. Why does Erec chase after the knight, the maiden, and the dwarf in Erec and Enide?
6. Describe the garden Erec is shown by King Evrain in Erec and Enide.
7. Why do Erec and Enide leave King Arthur's court?
8. What is an example of nurse Thessala's cunning in Cliges?
9. What advice of his father's does Cliges follow?
10. What happens after Erec faints after his fight with the giants in Erec and Enide? What does Enide think, and what happens to her?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)