|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other knights make fun of Erec after he is married for a while?
(a) They feel that he spends an excessive amount of time with his wife and not enough time in tournaments.
(b) They feel that he is no longer a worthy knight because he is no longer single.
(c) They feel that he is no longer as brave now that he is married.
(d) They feel that he spends too much time fighting and not enough time with his new wife.
2. What causes Alexander to return home to Greece?
(a) The news of his brother's death, meaning he has to be emperor.
(b) The news of his father's death and his brother becoming emperor.
(c) The news of his mother's death and his brother becoming emperor.
(d) The news of his father and brother's death, meaning he has to be emperor.
3. Who kidnaps Fenice?
(b) Duke of Saxony.
(d) Duke of Saxony's nephew.
4. Where does Alexander want to travel to?
5. To whom does King Arthur trust the governing of England during his leave?
(a) Count Angre.
(d) Queen Guinevere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the giants done that causes Erec to go in pursuit of them?
2. Who does Queen Guinevere send first to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
3. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the third day of the tournament?
4. What request does Alexander make of the King?
5. Who discovers Fenice and Cliges together?
Short Essay Questions
1. in Cliges, why does Alexander not want to become a knight in Greece?
2. Briefly describe Erec's robe of watered silk in Erec and Enide.
3. In Cliges, what is the irony behind the golden hairs stitched into the shirt that Alexander receives from the Queen?
4. How does Guivret prove his friendship towards Erec after being told Erec is dead, in Erec and Enide?
5. What foreshadows the eventual discovery of the two secret lovers in Cliges?
6. What is the meaning of the hunt for the white stag in Erec and Enide?
7. What advice of his father's does Cliges follow?
8. Why do Erec and Enide leave King Arthur's court?
9. What is an example of nurse Thessala's cunning in Cliges?
10. Describe the garden Erec is shown by King Evrain in Erec and Enide.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)