|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lancelot ask the dwarf?
(a) To be given a ride in the cart.
(b) About Kay's whereabouts.
(c) To buy Kay's horse.
(d) About Queen Guinevere's whereabouts.
2. What does the lion prepare to do when he thinks Yvain is dead?
(a) Run away.
(b) Take Yvain's body back to Laudine.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Eat Yvain.
3. Who offers to help Yvain escape after he is trapped?
(a) Sir Gawain.
4. What are the terms Yvain must agree to in order to be allowed to leave to attend King Arthur's tournaments?
(a) He must return in one year or less or forifeit his wife's love.
(b) He must win the tournament or forget about coming home.
(c) He must return in less than one year or forfeit his wife's love.
(d) He must slay a giant before he returns or forfeit his wife's love.
5. Whose assistance does the younger daughter seek?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) King Arthur.
(d) The lion.
6. Under what conditions must Yvain fight the demon brothers?
(a) The lion must help him.
(b) He cannot use a shield.
(c) He cannot use a sword.
(d) The lion must be locked away.
7. When Laudine refuses to perjure herself, what does this demonstrate?
(a) Her wit and intellect.
(b) Her guile.
(c) Her honor and pride.
(d) Her love and devotion.
8. What happens to Lancelot at midnight when he sleeps in the reserved bed?
(a) A lance hurtles at him.
(b) A sword hurtles at him.
(c) An axe hurtles at him.
(d) A bow hurtles at him.
9. Why do the maidens of King Arthur's court plan a tournament?
(a) For entertainment.
(b) To find and declare the best knight.
(c) To find husbands.
(d) For sport.
10. Who decides to avenge Calogrenant?
(a) Sir Gawain.
11. How is the problem of inheritance between the two sisters resolved?
(a) King Arthur insists the older sister give the younger one her rightful share.
(b) King Arthur insists they split the lands in half.
(c) King Arthur insists the younger sister forget about the land.
(d) King Arthur insists the younger sister give the older one her rightful share.
12. In the midst of searching for Lancelot, why do Sir Gawain, Kay, and the other knights return to King Arthur's court?
(a) They receive a letter stating that Lancelot is dead.
(b) They are summoned by King Arthur to return.
(c) Queen Guinevere pleads with them to return her to her husband.
(d) They recieve a letter stating that Lancelot has returned himself.
13. How does the lion demonstrate loyalty once more?
(a) He listens exactly to what Yvain says.
(b) He fights Sir Gawain.
(c) He chews his way out of the room to assist Yvain.
(d) He helps heal Yvain.
14. Who does Yvain fight in King Arthur's presence?
(d) Sir Gawain.
15. What town does Yvain travel to?
(a) The Town of Adventure.
(b) The Town of Dire Adventure.
(c) The Dire Town.
(d) The Dire Adventure Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets off to find Lancelot?
2. What does Lunete advise Laudine to do?
3. What request does Kay make?
4. After the first fight, who does Yvain fight next?
5. Whose assistance does the older daughter of the Lord of Blackthorn gain?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)