|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dwarf tell Lancelot to do?
(a) Get in the cart.
(b) Pull him in the cart.
(c) Put Kay in the cart.
(d) Put Sir Gawain in the cart.
2. Who is the first to decide to leave court in The Knight of the Cart?
3. Where does Meleagant imprison Lancelot?
(a) In a tower in the forest.
(b) In a farm on the inlet of a lake.
(c) In a farm in the forest.
(d) In a tower on the inlet of a lake.
4. After Lancelot leaves Queen Guinevere's room the next morning, blood from Lancelot's wounded fingers is found on the sheets. Who does Meleagant accuse of having bedded the Queen?
(a) King Bademagu.
(c) Sir Gawain.
5. What does the lion prepare to do when he thinks Yvain is dead?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Run away.
(c) Take Yvain's body back to Laudine.
(d) Eat Yvain.
6. Who do Lancelot and other knights set out to search for after his fight with Meleagant has ended?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(d) King Arthur.
7. What is the quickest way to Meleagant's lands?
(a) Sword Bridge.
(b) Stone Passage.
(c) Sword Passage.
(d) Stone Bridge.
8. What happens to Lancelot at midnight when he sleeps in the reserved bed?
(a) A sword hurtles at him.
(b) A lance hurtles at him.
(c) An axe hurtles at him.
(d) A bow hurtles at him.
9. What does the person from Question #112 give Yvain to prevent him from being seen?
(a) A magic bracelet.
(b) A magic ring.
(c) A magic pendant.
(d) A magic cloak.
10. What is Queen Guinevere's reception of Lancelot when they are finally allowed to meet?
(a) She is tearful and embraces him.
(b) She refuses to talk to him and goes to her room.
(c) She refuses to talk, but embraces him.
(d) She is tearful and goes to her room to hide her tears.
11. The people of town warn Yvain that great shame awaits. This foreshadows what?
(a) The adventure with two demon-spawn brothers.
(b) Betrayal by the lion.
(c) His defeat by the demon-spawn brothers.
(d) Defeat by Sir Gawain.
12. What does the lion vow to do?
(a) Kill Yvain for helping him.
(b) Serve and protect Yvain.
(d) Kill the next dragon who attacks him.
13. Who does Yvain fight in King Arthur's presence?
(a) Sir Gawain.
14. What does the maiden want who approaches Lancelot, after his fight with the proud knight who challenged him?
(a) His agreement to marry her.
(b) That he lay with her.
(c) The defeated knight's hand in marriage.
(d) The defeated knight's head.
15. Why does Yvain fight Sir Gawain even though they are supposed to know one another?
(a) Because they hate each other.
(b) Because they are now enemies.
(c) Because they do not recognize each other.
(d) Because Yvain's wife was stolen by the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lancelot found by his savior?
2. When the Lord of Blackthorn dies, what happens?
3. What does Sir Gawain prevent Lancelot from doing when they see Queen Guinevere captive?
4. Why do the maidens of King Arthur's court plan a tournament?
5. How does the lion demonstrate loyalty once more?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)