|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the quickest way to Meleagant's lands?
(a) Stone Bridge.
(b) Stone Passage.
(c) Sword Bridge.
(d) Sword Passage.
2. When Yvain enters a strongly fortified town, who do he and the lion end up fighting?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) Hairpin of the Mountain.
(c) Two giants.
(d) A wealthy man's sons.
3. What does Lancelot ask the dwarf?
(a) About Queen Guinevere's whereabouts.
(b) About Kay's whereabouts.
(c) To be given a ride in the cart.
(d) To buy Kay's horse.
4. Why does Yvain fight Sir Gawain even though they are supposed to know one another?
(a) Because they are now enemies.
(b) Because they hate each other.
(c) Because Yvain's wife was stolen by the man.
(d) Because they do not recognize each other.
5. What does the person from Question #112 give Yvain to prevent him from being seen?
(a) A magic bracelet.
(b) A magic ring.
(c) A magic pendant.
(d) A magic cloak.
6. Who goes with Yvain when he leaves?
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) The lion.
7. How does Lancelot join the Queen in her room?
(a) By bending the bars at her window.
(b) By sneaking in through the open window.
(c) By convincing her to unlock her door and let him in.
(d) By unlocking her door and sneaking in.
8. How is the problem of inheritance between the two sisters resolved?
(a) King Arthur insists the older sister give the younger one her rightful share.
(b) King Arthur insists they split the lands in half.
(c) King Arthur insists the younger sister give the older one her rightful share.
(d) King Arthur insists the younger sister forget about the land.
9. When the Lord of Blackthorn dies, what happens?
(a) His older daughter seizes control.
(b) Yvain inherits the lands.
(c) His younger daughter seizes control.
(d) His son seizes control.
10. What town does Yvain travel to?
(a) The Dire Town.
(b) The Dire Adventure Town.
(c) The Town of Adventure.
(d) The Town of Dire Adventure.
11. What is Yvain's new name?
(a) The Knight with the Cart.
(b) The Knight of the Cart.
(c) The Knight with the Lion.
(d) The Knight of the Lion.
12. In the beginning of The Knight with the Lion, to whom is the queen speaking when she says, "You are malicious and ill bred to quarrel with your companions"?
(b) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Yvain.
13. Who tells the story of finding an ugly peasant and a knight appearing after a storm?
(c) Sir Gawain.
14. Who sets off to find Lancelot?
(a) One of the King's daughters.
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) A nameless knight.
(d) Sir Gawain.
15. Under what conditions must Yvain fight the demon brothers?
(a) He cannot use a shield.
(b) He cannot use a sword.
(c) The lion must be locked away.
(d) The lion must help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose assistance does the older daughter of the Lord of Blackthorn gain?
2. In the midst of searching for Lancelot, why do Sir Gawain, Kay, and the other knights return to King Arthur's court?
3. What does Lunete's advice to Laudine tell us about her character?
4. After the first fight, who does Yvain fight next?
5. After Lancelot leaves Queen Guinevere's room the next morning, blood from Lancelot's wounded fingers is found on the sheets. Who does Meleagant accuse of having bedded the Queen?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)