|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose assistance does the younger daughter seek?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(c) The lion.
(d) King Arthur.
2. In the midst of searching for Lancelot, why do Sir Gawain, Kay, and the other knights return to King Arthur's court?
(a) They recieve a letter stating that Lancelot has returned himself.
(b) They are summoned by King Arthur to return.
(c) Queen Guinevere pleads with them to return her to her husband.
(d) They receive a letter stating that Lancelot is dead.
3. What does Lunete advise Laudine to do?
(a) To forget about Yvain.
(b) To marry Sir Gawain.
(c) To chase Yvain and marry him.
(d) To find someone to defend the spring.
4. What is Yvain's new name?
(a) The Knight of the Cart.
(b) The Knight with the Lion.
(c) The Knight of the Lion.
(d) The Knight with the Cart.
5. Who does Yvain fight in King Arthur's presence?
(d) Sir Gawain.
6. Who decides to avenge Calogrenant?
(c) Sir Gawain.
7. What is the quickest way to Meleagant's lands?
(a) Stone Passage.
(b) Stone Bridge.
(c) Sword Bridge.
(d) Sword Passage.
8. What does the lion prepare to do when he thinks Yvain is dead?
(a) Eat Yvain.
(b) Run away.
(c) Take Yvain's body back to Laudine.
(d) Kill himself.
9. Who does Yvain save the lion from?
(c) A dragon.
(d) Three knights.
10. What request does Kay make?
(a) He wishes to join Lancelot.
(b) He wishes to be knighted.
(c) He wishes to marry the king's daughter.
(d) He wishes to answer the knight's challenge.
11. What does Sir Gawain prevent Lancelot from doing when they see Queen Guinevere captive?
(a) Jumping out the window.
(b) Killing the dwarf who kidnaps her.
(c) Jumping from the roof.
(d) Running downstairs to the rescue.
12. Who begs Yvain, In disguise, to stay after he and his lion battle?
13. When does everyone realize that Yvain is actually The Knight with the Lion?
(a) When the lion roars.
(b) When Yvain leaves.
(c) When the lion dies.
(d) When the lion appears.
14. What does Sir Gawain find upon following Kay?
(a) Kay without his horse.
(b) Kay and his horse's bodies.
(c) Kay's horse without Kay.
(d) Kay's body.
15. Why does Yvain fight Sir Gawain even though they are supposed to know one another?
(a) Because they hate each other.
(b) Because they are now enemies.
(c) Because Yvain's wife was stolen by the man.
(d) Because they do not recognize each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot ask the dwarf?
2. What are the two ways that lead to the land of Meleagant?
3. After Lancelot leaves Queen Guinevere's room the next morning, blood from Lancelot's wounded fingers is found on the sheets. Who does Meleagant accuse of having bedded the Queen?
4. When Laudine refuses to perjure herself, what does this demonstrate?
5. What does the person from Question #112 give Yvain to prevent him from being seen?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)