|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Yvain when he leaves?
(a) The lion.
(c) Sir Gawain.
2. When does everyone realize that Yvain is actually The Knight with the Lion?
(a) When the lion roars.
(b) When the lion dies.
(c) When Yvain leaves.
(d) When the lion appears.
3. What does the person from Question #112 give Yvain to prevent him from being seen?
(a) A magic ring.
(b) A magic pendant.
(c) A magic cloak.
(d) A magic bracelet.
4. What does the dwarf tell Lancelot to do?
(a) Pull him in the cart.
(b) Get in the cart.
(c) Put Kay in the cart.
(d) Put Sir Gawain in the cart.
5. What object does the girl try to keep Lancelot from seeing?
(a) A comb.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A brush.
(d) A sword.
6. What must Lancelot agree to for lodgings that is provided by the knight's maiden?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To lay with her.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To kiss her.
7. What is said to happen if a man can lift the slab in the church's cemetery unaided?
(a) All the foreign prisoners will go free.
(b) All the spirits of the cemetery will be free.
(c) All the gold underneath will belong to him.
(d) He will be granted safe passage on his quest.
8. Who does Yvain fall in love with and marry?
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
9. What does the maiden pretend is being done to her by six knights?
10. From where is Queen Guinevere watching the fight between Lancelot and Meleagant?
(a) The farm.
(b) Nowhere. She is not allowed to watch.
(c) The tower.
(d) The prison.
11. In the beginning of The Knight with the Lion, to whom is the queen speaking when she says, "You are malicious and ill bred to quarrel with your companions"?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Yvain.
12. Whose assistance does the younger daughter seek?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The lion.
(d) Sir Gawain.
13. Under what conditions must Yvain fight the demon brothers?
(a) The lion must be locked away.
(b) He cannot use a shield.
(c) The lion must help him.
(d) He cannot use a sword.
14. Who is one of the beds reserved for in the lodging that Sir Gawain and Lancelot come to?
(a) For someone who has earned the privilege.
(b) For a king.
(c) For a woman.
(d) For someone who has slain a giant.
15. Where does Meleagant imprison Lancelot?
(a) In a farm in the forest.
(b) In a tower on the inlet of a lake.
(c) In a tower in the forest.
(d) In a farm on the inlet of a lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. One year passes and Yvain has broken his promise. A damsel arrives and tells Yvain he has lost his wife's love. What does Yvain do immediately after?
2. Who vows to fight for Lancelot against Meleagant within a year if Lancelot is not found?
3. Who do Lancelot and other knights set out to search for after his fight with Meleagant has ended?
4. Whose assistance does the older daughter of the Lord of Blackthorn gain?
5. While fighting in the tournament in disguise, why does Lancelot flee from blows and avoid battle?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)