|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Erec befriend after a fight?
(a) The count.
(b) Guivret the Small.
(d) Sir Gawain.
2. Where does King Arthur decide to cross over to?
3. What challenge does Alis try to dissuade Cliges from accepting?
(a) Battling the German Emperor.
(b) Battling the Duke of Saxony.
(c) Battling Alis himself.
(d) Battling the Duke of Saxony's nephew.
4. Who is the first son of the Emperor?
5. Who is the first to discover that Alexander and Soredamour are attracted to one another?
(a) Count Angres.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Queen Guinevere.
6. What have the giants done that causes Erec to go in pursuit of them?
(a) They burned a village.
(b) They kidnapped a knight.
(c) They ate a knight.
(d) They murdered children.
7. After the Joy has ended, what does Erec decide to do?
(a) Continue on his journey.
(b) Seek out another adventure.
(c) Stay with King Evrain.
(d) Go back to King Arthur.
8. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the fourth day of the tournament?
9. What causes Alexander to return home to Greece?
(a) The news of his mother's death and his brother becoming emperor.
(b) The news of his brother's death, meaning he has to be emperor.
(c) The news of his father's death and his brother becoming emperor.
(d) The news of his father and brother's death, meaning he has to be emperor.
10. What does Erec instruct Enide NOT to do as they are traveling?
11. When Erec awakens, what does he do?
(a) Kills everyone.
(b) Kills the giants.
(c) Kills the count.
(d) Kills Enide.
12. Who does Queen Guinevere send first to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Her maid-in-waiting.
13. What does Soredamour tuck into the sleeves and collar of Alexander's shirt?
(c) Strands of hair.
14. What does Erec give as his reason for accompanying the party who has set out to find the white stag?
(a) He wants to keep the king company.
(b) He wants to claim the kiss.
(c) He wants to keep the queen company.
(d) He wants to kill the white stag.
15. Who does Queen Guinevere send second to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) Her maid-in-waiting.
(d) King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the second day of the tournament?
2. Who kidnaps Fenice?
3. On which holiday does the tale Erec and Enide start off?
4. Who captures the white stag?
5. Who is the second son of the Emperor?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)