|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the second fight between Guivret and Erec stopped?
(a) Erec surrenders to Guivret.
(b) Enide shouts at Guivret to not hurt Erec anymore.
(c) Guivret surrenders to Erec.
(d) Enide tells Erec to stop fighting and he listens.
2. Who does Alexander want to serve?
(a) The Duke of Saxony.
(b) His brother.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) His father.
3. What happens to Enide once Erec has returned to her after slaying the giants?
(a) She is forced into marriage with a count.
(b) She goes to console the young maiden whose lover was taken.
(c) She heals Erec's wounds and rests.
(d) She continues the journey with Erec.
4. To which two historical figures is King Arthur compared?
(a) Genghis Khan and Julius Caeser.
(b) Alexander the Great and Ramses I.
(c) Alexander the Great and Julius Caeser.
(d) Ramses I and Genghis Khan.
5. Who discovers Fenice and Cliges together?
6. What must Erec do to discover the Joy of the Court?
(a) Fight King Evrain.
(b) Kiss the attractive maiden.
(c) Slay the beast.
(d) Fight the tall knight.
7. Who captures the white stag?
(b) King Arthur.
(c) King Yder.
(d) Sir Gawain.
8. What does Erec instruct Enide NOT to do as they are traveling?
9. After fighting the giants, what happens to Erec once he has returned to Enide?
(a) He faints.
(b) He continues his journey.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He dies.
10. What suggestion does Fenice make to Cliges to escape from Alis?
(a) She should elope.
(b) She should kill Alis.
(c) She should fake her death.
(d) She should fake his death.
11. How is the garden enclosed by air?
(a) Black magic.
(b) No explanation is given.
12. What is Erec's status in life?
(a) Son of a knight.
(b) Son of a king.
(c) Son of a vassal.
(d) Son of a peasant.
13. What custom does King Arthur wish to revive?
(a) The quest for the sword in the stone.
(b) The quest for the golden fleece.
(c) The hunt for the golden stag.
(d) The hunt for the white stag.
14. What is at the end of a row of stakes?
(b) A horn.
(c) A uncovered head.
(d) A head with a helmet.
15. After the Joy has ended, what does Erec decide to do?
(a) Seek out another adventure.
(b) Go back to King Arthur.
(c) Continue on his journey.
(d) Stay with King Evrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered about the man King Arthur left in charge of England?
2. What causes Alexander to return home to Greece?
3. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the third day of the tournament?
4. Why does Enide break her promise to Erec as they are traveling?
5. Who says "Be certain, had I not loved you, I would never have undertaken this"?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)