|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first glory of Alexander's knighthood?
(a) Presenting the Queen with his prisoners.
(b) Preventing the traitor from killing King Arthur.
(c) Pleding loyalty to King Arthur.
(d) Marrying Soredamour.
2. To which two historical figures is King Arthur compared?
(a) Genghis Khan and Julius Caeser.
(b) Alexander the Great and Ramses I.
(c) Ramses I and Genghis Khan.
(d) Alexander the Great and Julius Caeser.
3. Who discovers Fenice and Cliges together?
4. What have the giants done that causes Erec to go in pursuit of them?
(a) They murdered children.
(b) They kidnapped a knight.
(c) They burned a village.
(d) They ate a knight.
5. What does Erec decide to do with the daughter of the vavasor?
(a) Take her back to court to marry the king.
(b) Leave her in poverty.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Marry her.
6. Who is the first person Erec encounters on his journey for the Joy of the Court?
(a) An attractive maiden sitting on a bed.
(b) A beast.
(c) A handsome and tall knight.
(d) King Evrain.
7. Why does Kay fight Erec even though they know each other?
(a) Kay wants Enide for himself.
(b) Kay detests Erec for leaving.
(c) Kay does not recognize Erec.
(d) Kay is testing Erec.
8. Who does Queen Guinevere send second to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Her maid-in-waiting.
(d) King Arthur.
9. What challenge does Alis try to dissuade Cliges from accepting?
(a) Battling the Duke of Saxony.
(b) Battling the Duke of Saxony's nephew.
(c) Battling the German Emperor.
(d) Battling Alis himself.
10. What is discovered about the man King Arthur left in charge of England?
(a) He has died from a disease.
(b) He no longer wishes to be in charge.
(c) He wishes to join the King.
(d) He wishes to challenge the King.
11. Who says "Be certain, had I not loved you, I would never have undertaken this"?
(a) King Arthur.
12. What suggestion does Fenice make to Cliges to escape from Alis?
(a) She should elope.
(b) She should fake her death.
(c) She should fake his death.
(d) She should kill Alis.
13. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the first day of the tournament?
14. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the fourth day of the tournament?
15. After fighting the giants, what happens to Erec once he has returned to Enide?
(a) He continues his journey.
(b) He faints.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to discover that Alexander and Soredamour are attracted to one another?
2. How is the garden enclosed by air?
3. How is the second fight between Guivret and Erec stopped?
4. What happens to Enide once Erec has returned to her after slaying the giants?
5. What does Erec give as his reason for accompanying the party who has set out to find the white stag?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)