|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the garden enclosed by air?
(a) No explanation is given.
(c) Black magic.
2. What must Erec do to discover the Joy of the Court?
(a) Slay the beast.
(b) Fight King Evrain.
(c) Fight the tall knight.
(d) Kiss the attractive maiden.
3. After fighting the giants, what happens to Erec once he has returned to Enide?
(a) He faints.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He continues his journey.
(d) He dies.
4. What adventures does Erec decide to undertake after hearing of it from Guivret?
(a) The Hunt of the White Stag.
(b) The Slaying of the Giants.
(c) The Contest of the Sparrowhawk.
(d) The Joy of the Court.
5. What happens to the doctors who beat and torture Fenice?
(a) Alis slays them.
(b) Cliges slays them.
(c) Thessala poisons them.
(d) The court ladies toss them out the window.
6. It is discovered that the maiden sitting on the bed is who?
(a) She is Enide's cousin.
(b) She is Erec's cousin.
(c) She is Erec's sister.
(d) She is Enide's sister.
7. What is discovered about the man King Arthur left in charge of England?
(a) He has died from a disease.
(b) He wishes to join the King.
(c) He wishes to challenge the King.
(d) He no longer wishes to be in charge.
8. Where does Alexander want to travel to?
9. Who says "Be certain, had I not loved you, I would never have undertaken this"?
(c) King Arthur.
10. What is discovered to happen to any man who goes in search of the Joy of the Court?
(a) Nothing. They come back normal.
(b) They return with treasure.
(c) They meet with death upon returning.
(d) They never return.
11. What does Erec instruct Enide NOT to do as they are traveling?
12. Who is the first person Erec encounters on his journey for the Joy of the Court?
(a) King Evrain.
(b) A beast.
(c) A handsome and tall knight.
(d) An attractive maiden sitting on a bed.
13. Who does Queen Guinevere send first to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Her maid-in-waiting.
(d) King Arthur.
14. What object is described in great detail as having been made by fairies?
(a) Erec's robe.
(b) The crown.
(c) The sceptor.
(d) Enide's gown.
15. Who says "Eyes, you have betrayed me. My heart was once loyal to me. You made it hate me", and why?
(a) Queen Guinevere, because she knows Soredamour and Alexander love each other.
(b) Soredamour, because she is in love with Alexander.
(c) Alexander, because he is in love with Soredamour.
(d) Sir Gawain, because he does not want Soredamour to love Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Fenice make to Cliges to escape from Alis?
2. When Cliges finally reveals his identity to Sir Gawain and King Arthur, what do they do?
3. Who says "The lady is mine, and I am hers. I shall do with her what I wish," and to whom is he referring?
4. Why does Enide break her promise to Erec as they are traveling?
5. Who is Thessala?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)