|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first glory of Alexander's knighthood?
(a) Preventing the traitor from killing King Arthur.
(b) Presenting the Queen with his prisoners.
(c) Pleding loyalty to King Arthur.
(d) Marrying Soredamour.
2. What have the giants done that causes Erec to go in pursuit of them?
(a) They ate a knight.
(b) They kidnapped a knight.
(c) They murdered children.
(d) They burned a village.
3. Who does Queen Guinevere send first to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
(b) Her maid-in-waiting.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Sir Gawain.
4. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the third day of the tournament?
5. Who is the first to discover that Alexander and Soredamour are attracted to one another?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(d) Count Angres.
6. What is discovered about the man King Arthur left in charge of England?
(a) He has died from a disease.
(b) He wishes to challenge the King.
(c) He wishes to join the King.
(d) He no longer wishes to be in charge.
7. It is discovered that the maiden sitting on the bed is who?
(a) She is Erec's sister.
(b) She is Erec's cousin.
(c) She is Enide's sister.
(d) She is Enide's cousin.
8. Upon whom does the King bestow the kiss of the white stag?
(a) The queen.
(c) Erec's maiden.
(d) His daughter.
9. Who does Alexander want to serve?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) The Duke of Saxony.
(d) King Arthur.
10. How is the second fight between Guivret and Erec stopped?
(a) Erec surrenders to Guivret.
(b) Guivret surrenders to Erec.
(c) Enide tells Erec to stop fighting and he listens.
(d) Enide shouts at Guivret to not hurt Erec anymore.
11. To whom does Erec reveal his identity after fighting him?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) King Lac.
12. What request does Alexander make of the King?
(a) To marry Soredamour.
(b) To be knighted.
(c) To leave his army.
(d) To build his own army.
13. Who discovers Fenice and Cliges together?
14. Which of the following three people do NOT want to marry Fenice?
(b) Duke of Saxony's nephew.
(d) Duke of Saxony.
15. Cliges begins by mentioning the Emperor of which lands?
(a) Constantinople and Babylon.
(b) England and Greece.
(c) Rome and Greece.
(d) Greece and Constantinople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adventures does Erec decide to undertake after hearing of it from Guivret?
2. After the Joy has ended, what does Erec decide to do?
3. Who is the first son of the Emperor?
4. How is Alis deceived into thinking he has possessed Fenice?
5. Where does King Arthur decide to cross over to?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)