|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Erec and Enide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving King Arthur a second time, who do Erec and Enide come across and why is she distressed?
(a) A knight who is crying because his lover has been kidnapped.
(b) A maiden who is crying because her lover has been slain.
(c) A knight who is crying because his lover has been slain.
(d) A maiden who is crying because her lover has been kidnapped.
2. What does Erec give as his reason for accompanying the party who has set out to find the white stag?
(a) He wants to kill the white stag.
(b) He wants to claim the kiss.
(c) He wants to keep the queen company.
(d) He wants to keep the king company.
3. What causes Erec to decide to leave King Arthur's court?
(a) Enide tells Erec of the other's reproach of him.
(b) Erec learns of King Arthur wanting to replace him.
(c) Enide tells Erec of a plot to kill him.
(d) Erec finds out about others despising him.
4. What adventures does Erec decide to undertake after hearing of it from Guivret?
(a) The Hunt of the White Stag.
(b) The Joy of the Court.
(c) The Slaying of the Giants.
(d) The Contest of the Sparrowhawk.
5. When Erec awakens, what does he do?
(a) Kills the giants.
(b) Kills the count.
(c) Kills Enide.
(d) Kills everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is described in great detail as having been made by fairies?
2. Who does Queen Guinevere send second to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
3. What contest does Erec participate in?
4. What does Erec decide to do with the daughter of the vavasor?
5. Who says "Be certain, had I not loved you, I would never have undertaken this"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)