|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Erec and Enide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erec decide to do with the daughter of the vavasor?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Take her back to court to marry the king.
(c) Leave her in poverty.
(d) Kill her.
2. Who says "The lady is mine, and I am hers. I shall do with her what I wish," and to whom is he referring?
(a) Erec about Enide.
(b) The count who marries Enide about Enide.
(c) King Arthur about Enide.
(d) Guivret the Small about Enide.
3. What does Erec give as his reason for accompanying the party who has set out to find the white stag?
(a) He wants to claim the kiss.
(b) He wants to kill the white stag.
(c) He wants to keep the queen company.
(d) He wants to keep the king company.
4. What contest does Erec participate in?
(a) A duel.
(b) The sparrowhawk contest.
(c) The archery contest.
(d) The jousting contest.
5. What object is described in great detail as having been made by fairies?
(a) Enide's gown.
(b) The crown.
(c) The sceptor.
(d) Erec's robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Joy has ended, what does Erec decide to do?
2. What is at the end of a row of stakes?
3. Whom does Erec befriend after a fight?
4. What must Erec do to discover the Joy of the Court?
5. Who does Queen Guinevere send second to discover the identity of the maiden who rides with a knight and a dwarf?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)