|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cliges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Joy has ended, what does Erec decide to do?
(a) Seek out another adventure.
(b) Go back to King Arthur.
(c) Stay with King Evrain.
(d) Continue on his journey.
2. Cliges begins by mentioning the Emperor of which lands?
(a) Constantinople and Babylon.
(b) Greece and Constantinople.
(c) Rome and Greece.
(d) England and Greece.
3. What is discovered about the man King Arthur left in charge of England?
(a) He has died from a disease.
(b) He no longer wishes to be in charge.
(c) He wishes to challenge the King.
(d) He wishes to join the King.
4. What custom does King Arthur wish to revive?
(a) The quest for the sword in the stone.
(b) The quest for the golden fleece.
(c) The hunt for the white stag.
(d) The hunt for the golden stag.
5. What suggestion does Fenice make to Cliges to escape from Alis?
(a) She should fake his death.
(b) She should fake her death.
(c) She should kill Alis.
(d) She should elope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following three people do NOT want to marry Fenice?
2. What is Soredamour's position?
3. Who says "Love is worse than Hate because he wounds and destroys his devotee"?
4. What must Erec do to discover the Joy of the Court?
5. What request does Alexander make of the King?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)