|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Knight with the Lion (Yvain).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By carrying the lion on his shield, what does Yvain show?
(a) His honor for the lion.
(b) His friendship with the lion.
(c) His disgust for the lion.
(d) His love for the lion.
2. Whose assistance does the older daughter of the Lord of Blackthorn gain?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The lion.
(c) Sir Gawain.
3. How does Thessala convince doctors that Fenice is incurably ill?
(a) By presenting them with urine from a woman with an incurable disease.
(b) By presenting them with urine from a man with an incurable disease.
(c) By presenting them with urine from a diseased cow.
(d) By presenting them with urine from a diseased pig.
4. Who kidnaps Fenice?
(b) Duke of Saxony's nephew.
(c) Duke of Saxony.
5. Who is Fenice?
(a) Queen Guinevere's lady-in-waiting.
(b) The German Emperor's daughter.
(c) The Greek Emperor's daughter.
(d) King Arthur's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally takes vengeance upon Meleagant for all of his mischief?
2. What does Sir Gawain find upon following Kay?
3. How does the lion demonstrate loyalty once more?
4. In the midst of searching for Lancelot, why do Sir Gawain, Kay, and the other knights return to King Arthur's court?
5. What does the dwarf tell Lancelot to do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)