|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the Emir end up paying for the Badawi's cucumbers after all bargaining is completed?
(a) 240 dinars.
(b) 50 dinars.
(d) 2180 dinars.
2. What is the consequence of the ruined man falling asleep where he does?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) He was ordered to go home.
(c) He was cursed.
(d) He was jailed.
3. What would Kafur do each year as a boy?
(a) Tell one lie.
(b) Pray to a Jinni.
(c) Visit his brother.
(d) Steal one cow.
4. What does the Kazi do when faced with Ali and the Kurd?
(a) Joins them for a feast.
(b) Tells them to report to the king.
(c) Asks them for their separate stories.
(d) Confirms that they are brothers.
5. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
(a) Hunting antelope and water.
(b) Milk and wool from sheep.
(c) Plants and water.
(d) Bark and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of his story, Bukhayt became the property of ____________.
2. What do the peahen and antelope agree upon as their only protection?
3. What is contained in the handkerchief that the noble lady gives the sweep?
4. King Shaddad is known to be very what?
5. To whom does Abdullah first report this newfound news?
Short Essay Questions
1. How in the Tale of Ghanim in Ayyub, The Distraught, The Thrall O'Love does Shahrazad strive to replace King Shahryar's distrust of women with doubt over his belief?
2. How do faith and destiny align in The Tale of Kamar Al-Zaman?
3. What are the fundamental differences in value systems between the duck and the three other animals; peahen, peacock and antelope metioned in The Tale of The Birds And The Beasts And The Carpenter?
4. How is Shahrazad able to hint at the king's faults through this story of The City of Many-Columned Iram and Abdullah Son of Abi Kalibah indirectly?
5. In The Sweep and The Noble Lady, how did the Emir's pardon of the sweep seem just, although it was not the ultimate punishment (death)?
6. What kind of moral is offered in the story in The Man Who Stole The Dish of Gold Wherein The Dog Ate?
7. What could one say might be the moral of this story in The Tale of The Birds And The Beasts And The Carpenter?
8. What humorous fact is revealed in regards to the two men fighting for the bag in Ali The Persian?
9. What is the purpose of Shahrazad deciding to tell this seemingly innocuous story to the king in Ali The Persian?
10. In Hatim Of the Tribe of Tayy, how does this story blur the lines between the living and the dead?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)