|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Khalifah cast his fishing net in Khalifah The Fisherman of Baghdad?
2. Why does Princess Dunya ask the Sultan to wait for four months and ten days before she will accept him?
(a) Her son's birthday is approaching.
(b) It is her period of widowhood.
(c) Her husband is sick and dying.
(d) She is waiting for her inheritance.
3. Who translates the messages on the seven white marble tablets in the story The City of Brass?
(a) Abd al-Samad.
(d) Abu Talib.
4. What does the lady with the five suitors originally request the carpenter to build?
(a) A four section closet with separate locking doors.
(b) A three-tiered dresser with locking doors.
(c) A special locking box with two doors.
(d) A five-tiered dresser with locking drawers.
5. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, Abu Hasan holds a great celebration in the City of ______ of Al-Yaman.
6. What do Omar's two wicked sons do to Judar after their father dies in the story Judar And His Brethren?
(a) They sue him.
(b) They rob him of his money stashed in his room.
(c) They tie him up in the house and starve him.
(d) They beat him for money.
7. To where does Abu return after losing his money and friends in The Sleeper And The Waker?
(a) His father's house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) A mosque.
(d) A temple.
8. Towards the end, the lamp Jinni reveals that the necromancer is posing as what character in Alaeddin: Or, The Wonderful Lamp?
(d) The Sultan.
9. In the Story Julnar, The Sea-Born And Her Son King Badr Basim of Persia, what does the maiden deliver?
(a) A girl.
(c) She is not able to deliver children.
(d) A boy.
10. How much money does the Caliph offer to whomever can tell him who died first in Abu's story?
(a) A thousand dinars.
(b) A thousand ducats.
(c) Three thousand dinars.
(d) Ten thousand ducats.
11. In the Story Julnar, The Sea-Born And Her Son King Badr Basim of Persia, the king mourns that none of his 100 concubines has bore him what?
(a) A child.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A son.
12. Who is the last person the lady with the five suitors locks up in the story of The Lady And Her Five Suitors?
(a) The Wazir.
(b) The king.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) Her lover.
13. How many Dirams does Sindbad The Seaman have left after squandering most of his money in Sindbad The Seaman And Sindbad The Landsman?
(a) Fifteen dinars.
(b) Twelve thousand rupees.
(c) Eighteen dinars.
(d) Three thousand dirhams.
14. What color does the city that Abu Kir returns to dye all their clothes in Abu Kir The Dyer And Abu Sir The Barber?
15. When will the key be returned to Abu Kir in Abu Kir The Dyer And Abu Sir The Barber?
(a) When he asks for the key.
(b) When he apologizes to all his customers.
(c) After he begs forgiveness of the king.
(d) After the angry man's goods are returned to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Baba Mustafa in Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves?
2. What does the first animal that is caught tell Khalifah to do?
3. In Sindbad The Seaman And Sindbad The Landsman, the first Sindbad introduced stops to pray in front of what?
4. Where is Alaeddin sealed when he fails to give the lamp to the wizard?
5. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, what country does Abu Hasan go to after the celebration?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)