|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maghribi wizard pose as in Alaeddin: Or, The Wonderful Lamp?
(a) A slave.
(b) A long lost cousin.
(c) A long lost uncle.
(d) A Jinni.
2. What do the thieves say to open the door of the cave in Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves?
(a) Open, in Simsim."
(b) Open, Sesame."
(c) "Open, Oh Simsim."
(d) Oh, Open, Sesame."
3. Which of their three sons do Omar, a Cairo merchant, and his wife love and trust most in the story Judar And His Brethren?
4. In the story Judar And His Brethren, after Omar dies, what do his two wicked sons do?
(a) Build their mother a house.
(b) Fight until they decide to build two more houses.
(c) Run away in fear.
(d) They rob their mother and drive her out.
5. To whom do angry customers complain when Abu Sir cheats them?
(a) The King.
(b) The Caliph.
(d) The Kazi.
6. Who comes up on a mule to Judar with a strange request to throw him in the lake?
(a) A moor.
(b) A hamm.
(c) A Jinn.
(d) A merchant.
7. What is the relationship between the two main characters introduced at the beginning of the story in Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are long lost friends.
(d) They are father and son.
8. To whom does Khalifah sell his first fish?
9. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, what is the great celebration Abu Hasan is throwing?
(a) His son's birth.
(c) A wedding.
(d) His son's birthday.
10. Where does the king live topographically in the Story Julnar, The Sea-Born And Her Son King Badr Basim of Persia?
(a) On a clifftop by the sea.
(b) In a fortress by the sea.
(c) On an island in the sea.
(d) In a castle by the sea.
11. What embarrassing thing happens to Abu Hasan at the celebration in the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind?
(a) The Prince breaks wind.
(b) The Princess breaks wind.
(c) The Queen breaks wind.
(d) Abu Hasan breaks wind.
12. What is the name of the tribe of blacks encountered towards the end of the story of The City of Brass?
(a) Sons of Abraham.
13. In the story The Angel of Death With The Proud King And The Devout Man, a king full of ______ is stopped by a man in rags.
14. Who does King Shah Zaman decide to marry after his brother suggests it?
(a) Shahrazad's cousin.
(b) Shahrazad's sister.
(c) A concubine who was listening to the stories nearby.
(d) Shahrazad's niece.
15. In the story Judar And His Brethren, what is the name of the lake where Judar goes fishing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first animal that is caught tell Khalifah to do?
2. In the story The Angel of Death With The Proud King And The Devout Man, after hearing of his imminent death, what does the pious man do?
3. How much money does the Caliph offer to whomever can tell him who died first in Abu's story?
4. In the story The Angel of Death With The Proud King And The Devout Man, what privilege is given the pious man when his death his imminent?
5. Who does King Shahryar invite to his wedding of Shahrazad?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)