|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Judar And His Brethren, what is the name of the lake where Judar goes fishing?
2. How does Shahrazad plead for the king's mercy?
(a) She asks him not to leave their children motherless.
(b) She writes him a heartfelt letter.
(c) She makes herself look as beautiful as possible.
(d) She emphasizes her loyalty.
3. In the story The Angel of Death With The Proud King And The Devout Man, after hearing of his imminent death, what does the pious man do?
(a) He lies prostrate to pray.
(b) He asks for a son.
(c) He kills his wife.
(d) He praises Allah.
4. On Sindbad The Seaman's third voyage, what animal is on the island, devouring two other survivors in Sindbad The Seaman And Sindbad The Landsman?
(a) A crow.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A giant serpent.
5. How many Dirams does Sindbad The Seaman have left after squandering most of his money in Sindbad The Seaman And Sindbad The Landsman?
(a) Fifteen dinars.
(b) Eighteen dinars.
(c) Twelve thousand rupees.
(d) Three thousand dirhams.
6. In the story of The Ebony Horse, how many wise men arrived at King Sabur's palace?
7. What does the Greek man give King Sabur in the story of The Ebony Horse?
(a) A gold bowl.
(b) A silver bowl.
(c) A copper bowl.
(d) A brick bowl.
8. How long does Judar spend fishing in the story Judar And His Brethren?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Four days.
9. What is Khalifah's first catch in Khalifah The Fisherman of Baghdad?
(a) A blind lynx.
(b) A deaf bird.
(c) A one-eyed, lame ape.
(d) A one-armed monkey.
10. In Sindbad The Seaman And Sindbad The Landsman, what does the captain of Sindbad The Seaman's ship cry out about the island as people are disembarking?
(a) That they are all cursed.
(b) Nothing, because the power of speech is taken away from him.
(c) That he is not a captain at all.
(d) That the island is a fish.
11. What does the lady with the five suitors originally request the carpenter to build?
(a) A five-tiered dresser with locking drawers.
(b) A four section closet with separate locking doors.
(c) A special locking box with two doors.
(d) A three-tiered dresser with locking doors.
12. To where does Abu return after losing his money and friends in The Sleeper And The Waker?
(a) A temple.
(b) His father's house.
(c) A mosque.
(d) His mother's house.
13. In the story of The Lady And Her Five Suitors, to whom does the woman appeal when her lover is put in jail?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Caliph.
(c) The King.
(d) The Chief of Police.
14. In the story The City of Brass, what is the brass statue rider supposed to point to once awakened?
(a) The Emerald Cave.
(b) The City of Brass.
(c) The Island of Gold.
(d) The Star of Allah.
15. Why does Princess Dunya ask the Sultan to wait for four months and ten days before she will accept him?
(a) She is waiting for her inheritance.
(b) Her son's birthday is approaching.
(c) It is her period of widowhood.
(d) Her husband is sick and dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Judar And His Brethren, after Omar dies, what do his two wicked sons do?
2. Where is Alaeddin sealed when he fails to give the lamp to the wizard?
3. After the two brothers' rule and they have died, there is a period of _______ until a wise ruler discovers the book in the treasury.
4. In the story The City of Brass, how many people are in Emir Musa's traveling party to where the cucurbites are found?
5. What embarrassing thing happens to Abu Hasan at the celebration in the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)