|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Judar spend fishing in the story Judar And His Brethren?
(a) Six days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
2. When will the key be returned to Abu Kir in Abu Kir The Dyer And Abu Sir The Barber?
(a) After he begs forgiveness of the king.
(b) When he asks for the key.
(c) After the angry man's goods are returned to him.
(d) When he apologizes to all his customers.
3. What does King Sabur release the Persian from in the story of The Ebony Horse?
(a) A curse.
(b) An underwater cave.
(c) A tower.
4. How does Abu treat the strangers he entertains after the first visit in The Sleeper And The Waker?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He slanders them.
(c) He invites them back only after one year.
(d) He pretends he is related to them.
5. What does the Indian man give King Sabur in the story of The Ebony Horse?
(a) A gold statue of a man with a trumpet.
(b) Gold bracelets.
(c) A jeweled mirror.
(d) A cask of frankincense.
6. What sweet does Fatimah demand her husband bring home one day?
(a) Red snapper.
(d) Honey milk toast.
7. In the Story Julnar, The Sea-Born And Her Son King Badr Basim of Persia, the king mourns that none of his 100 concubines has bore him what?
(b) A daughter.
(c) A son.
(d) A child.
8. To whom do angry customers complain when Abu Sir cheats them?
(a) The Kazi.
(b) The King.
(d) The Caliph.
9. In the story The Angel of Death With The Proud King And The Devout Man, a king full of ______ is stopped by a man in rags.
10. How does Abu stay away from his old friends in The Sleeper And The Waker?
(a) By hiring spies to know where they are.
(b) By inviting strangers to his home.
(c) By cursing his old friends.
(d) By moving his house to Cairo.
11. Where does the king live topographically in the Story Julnar, The Sea-Born And Her Son King Badr Basim of Persia?
(a) In a fortress by the sea.
(b) In a castle by the sea.
(c) On a clifftop by the sea.
(d) On an island in the sea.
12. How many donkeys does Kasim take to the cave's door in Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves?
13. What color does the city that Abu Kir returns to dye all their clothes in Abu Kir The Dyer And Abu Sir The Barber?
14. What does Salil offer the king for Juaharah in the Story Julnar, The Sea-Born And Her Son King Badr Basim of Persia?
(a) Twenty thousand ducats.
(b) A bag of gems.
(c) A bag of diamonds.
(d) A golden horse.
15. In the story of The Lady And Her Five Suitors, the woman falls in love with the son of a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish is the first one Khalifah catches in Khalifah The Fisherman of Baghdad?
2. What is Sandal in Khalifah The Fisherman of Baghdad?
3. On Sindbad The Seaman's third voyage, what animal is on the island, devouring two other survivors in Sindbad The Seaman And Sindbad The Landsman?
4. Where did Caliph Abd al-Malik bin Marwan live in the story The City of Brass?
5. What does Kasim's wife ask Ali Baba to do after Kasim has been gone so long in Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)