|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ajib sees his father the first time, he believes him to be a what?
(b) A slave.
(c) A demon.
(d) A merchant.
2. In the story of Ali The Persian, why did Caliph Harun al-Rashid ask his Wazir for a storyteller?
(a) He needed an idea for the next day.
(b) His wife enjoyed stories.
(c) He needed entertainment for a party.
(d) He couldn't sleep.
3. How does the Caliph respond to the story of Ali The Persian?
(a) With laughter and appreciation.
(b) With anger.
(c) With confusion and request for more information.
(d) By sending him away.
4. After Ma'an asks the nomad where he came from, what does the nomad speak of doing when he arrives at his destination?
(a) Selling his elephant to the king.
(b) Selling cucumbers to the Emir.
(c) Selling gold to the Wazir.
(d) Selling ginger root to the king.
5. What do the peahen and antelope agree upon as their only protection?
(a) Avoiding the lynx.
(b) Praising Allah.
(c) Traveling to another island.
(d) Joining the holy man.
6. What does Shahrazad do in order to stay alive?
(a) Sings songs.
(b) Tell stories to the king.
(c) Escapes from the harem.
(d) Asks the Jinni to save her.
7. When the three slaves met by Ghanim Bin Ayyub enter the courtyard, what DON'T they have?
(a) A chest.
(b) A jeweled mirror.
(c) A basket full of mortar.
(d) A lantern.
8. How much money does the Emir end up paying for the Badawi's cucumbers after all bargaining is completed?
(a) 2180 dinars.
(c) 240 dinars.
(d) 50 dinars.
9. Who are the ass, fine horse, and camel running away from to avoid being enslaved in The Tale of The Birds And The Beasts And The Carpenter?
(a) The Lynx.
(b) The Monkey.
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Son of Adam.
10. In what location does The Tale of Kamar Al-Zaman begin?
(a) The Caves of Mt. Shala.
(b) The coast of China.
(c) The Canary Islands.
11. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
12. In The Tale of Kamar al-Zaman, what do Maymunah and Dahnash bet over before going to Kamar?
(a) Who can find Kamar first?
(b) Who is going to marry Kamar?
(c) Who is the most beautiful- prince or princess?
(d) Who can find the golden necklace for the prince?
13. Who sends the angel?
(a) An ocean spirit.
(b) A demon.
(c) A jinni.
14. What comes out of the black jar after the fisherman rubs it?
(b) A demon.
(c) 20 dinars.
(d) A Jinni.
15. In Chapter 1, 'The Fisherman and the Jinni', what does NOT turn up in the fisherman's first three casts?
(a) A pitcher of sand.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A donkey.
(d) Broken pottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ali the Persian tells the first story of traveling to Baghdad bearing a what?
2. What is sent to the hermit after the angel?
3. In the end of his story, Bukhayt became the property of ____________.
4. What is the nomad riding on when he meets Ma'an?
5. What does the Emir do after meeting the nomad and returning home?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)