|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ma'an asks the nomad where he came from, what does the nomad speak of doing when he arrives at his destination?
(a) Selling cucumbers to the Emir.
(b) Selling ginger root to the king.
(c) Selling gold to the Wazir.
(d) Selling his elephant to the king.
2. What does the lion cub demand of the carpenter?
(a) To build him a bridge.
(b) To build him a box.
(c) To kill the duck.
(d) To take him along.
3. Of the men questioned by the Three Ladies of Baghdad, who was known to have loved sailing the seas?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The First Kalandar.
(c) The Third Kalandar.
(d) The Second Kalandar,
4. What is sent to the hermit after the angel?
(a) A wife.
(b) A rich man.
(c) A priest.
(d) A servant.
5. What is the nomad riding on when he meets Ma'an?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A camel.
(d) A horse.
6. Upon seeing his father a second time, Ajib believes his father to be a what?
(a) A king.
(b) A peasant.
(d) A hunchback.
7. What is the consequence of the ruined man falling asleep where he does?
(a) He was ordered to go home.
(b) He was robbed.
(c) He was cursed.
(d) He was jailed.
8. The hermit is tested by being sent an angel in the form of a what?
9. Who is the first person that the animals in The Tale of The Birds And The Beasts And The Carpenter meet?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A holy man.
(d) A widow.
10. Who is Gobbo?
(a) An evil demon.
(b) An old eunich.
(c) An old slave.
(d) An ugly hunchback.
11. Whose pet does the baboon prince become?
(a) The two sisters.
(b) The king.
(c) The eldest sister.
(d) The sea captain.
12. How does the Caliph respond to the story of Ali The Persian?
(a) By sending him away.
(b) With confusion and request for more information.
(c) With anger.
(d) With laughter and appreciation.
13. What do the King of Himyar's servants do for him in the evening after his dream about Hatim?
(a) Search for Hatim.
(b) Sing music to attract the angels.
(c) Go to the market to buy 3 apples.
(d) Cook his camel.
14. Upon meeting the angel, the hermit does what?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Sends it away.
(c) Makes it his slave.
(d) Takes it as a pet.
15. How does the Chief of Police respond to the ruined man after he is told about the dream?
(a) He doesn't understand.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sons of the Wazir of Cairo think they should do in order to have a son and a daughter so that the cousins will pledge to marry?
2. In the end of his story, Bukhayt became the property of ____________.
3. What is the main struggle of the man who stole the gold dog bowl?
4. How many sons does the Wazir of Cairo have?
5. In the story of The Sweep and The Noble Lady, what do the pilgrims do with the praying man?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)