|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the duck, the lion cub received what it had asked for; but how did it die?
(a) The lynx attacked it.
(b) The holy man stabbed it.
(c) It drowned.
(d) The carpenter burned it to death.
2. What do the peahen and antelope agree upon as their only protection?
(a) Avoiding the lynx.
(b) Praising Allah.
(c) Joining the holy man.
(d) Traveling to another island.
3. At the end of the story of The Three Apples, what tale does Ja'afar refer to?
(a) The tale of Nur al-Din Ali.
(b) The tale of the Jinni's wife.
(c) The tale of Kalyandi al-Din.
(d) The tale of the 3 birds.
4. In what location does The Tale of Kamar Al-Zaman begin?
(a) The coast of China.
(b) The Caves of Mt. Shala.
(c) The Canary Islands.
5. What does Abdullah, Son of Abi Kalibah, set off to find?
(a) His stolen ring.
(b) His runaway servant.
(c) His lost she-camel.
(d) His lost horse.
6. What comes out of the black jar after the fisherman rubs it?
(b) A Jinni.
(c) 20 dinars.
(d) A demon.
7. What is the nomad riding on when he meets Ma'an?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A camel.
(d) An elephant.
8. What is the consequence of the ruined man falling asleep where he does?
(a) He was ordered to go home.
(b) He was jailed.
(c) He was cursed.
(d) He was robbed.
9. What do the King of Himyar's servants do for him in the evening after his dream about Hatim?
(a) Go to the market to buy 3 apples.
(b) Search for Hatim.
(c) Cook his camel.
(d) Sing music to attract the angels.
10. Whose pet does the baboon prince become?
(a) The two sisters.
(b) The eldest sister.
(c) The sea captain.
(d) The king.
11. Who does King Shahryar send to give gifts to his brother?
(a) The queen.
(b) The Jinni.
(c) The Wazir.
(d) A wealthy merchant farmer.
12. What do the two kings, Sharyar and his brother, Shah Zaman, vow?
(a) To find new wives.
(b) To tell the story of 'The Bull and the Ass' every day.
(c) Not to ask the Jinni for favors.
(d) Never to trust women again.
13. Who sends the angel?
(a) A jinni.
(c) A demon.
(d) An ocean spirit.
14. In the story of Ali The Persian, bread, a lemon, cheese, and olives are found where?
(a) In the palace of the king.
(b) In the bag.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) On the Caliph's doorstep.
15. After Ma'an asks the nomad where he came from, what does the nomad speak of doing when he arrives at his destination?
(a) Selling gold to the Wazir.
(b) Selling ginger root to the king.
(c) Selling cucumbers to the Emir.
(d) Selling his elephant to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Shaddad is known to be very what?
2. What is Shams al-Din Mohammed's first daugher's name?
3. In the story of The Sweep and The Noble Lady, what do the pilgrims do with the praying man?
4. In the story of Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy, why did the King of Himyar camp near Hatim's tomb?
5. In The Tale of Kamar al-Zaman, what do Maymunah and Dahnash bet over before going to Kamar?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)