|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main struggle of the man who stole the gold dog bowl?
(a) Having no family.
(c) Being cursed by a priest.
2. What does the Kazi do when faced with Ali and the Kurd?
(a) Tells them to report to the king.
(b) Asks them for their separate stories.
(c) Joins them for a feast.
(d) Confirms that they are brothers.
3. Where does the ruined man who became rich again fall asleep after his travels?
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a temple.
(c) In his sister's house.
(d) By a river.
4. What does the ruined man find after digging in his backyard?
(a) A bag of tools.
(b) A treasure.
(c) A body.
(d) A lamp.
5. In the end of his story, Bukhayt became the property of ____________.
(a) The Royal Treasury.
(b) The Palace of Baghdad.
(c) The High Council.
(d) The City of Cairo.
6. In the story of Ali The Persian, bread, a lemon, cheese, and olives are found where?
(a) In the palace of the king.
(b) On the Caliph's doorstep.
(c) In the bag.
(d) Under a tree.
7. According to the First Kalandar, when he returned to his kingdom for the first time, he found what?
(a) His wife had run away with the Wazir.
(b) The palace had turned to stone.
(c) His palace to have been overtaken by his Wazir.
(d) His Wazir had fled the palace.
8. In The Tale of Kamar al-Zaman, what do Maymunah and Dahnash bet over before going to Kamar?
(a) Who can find Kamar first?
(b) Who is the most beautiful- prince or princess?
(c) Who can find the golden necklace for the prince?
(d) Who is going to marry Kamar?
9. What is the consequence of the ruined man falling asleep where he does?
(a) He was cursed.
(b) He was ordered to go home.
(c) He was jailed.
(d) He was robbed.
10. What comes out of the black jar after the fisherman rubs it?
(b) 20 dinars.
(c) A demon.
(d) A Jinni.
11. The wealthy man gives food to his dogs in gold bowls. How many dogs does he have?
12. Because Ja'far cannot find the murderer of the woman, he and his family are what?
(a) Cursed by a demon.
(b) Sentenced to 100 years in prison.
(c) Sentenced to be hanged.
(d) Banished from the kingdom.
13. During a pilgrimage to Mecca in the story of The Sweep and The Noble Lady, pilgrims overhear a man praying for what?
(b) The demonic curse to be lifted.
(c) One more year of life.
(d) The love of another man's wife.
14. In the story of The Sweep and The Noble Lady, what do the pilgrims do with the praying man?
(a) Pray with him.
(b) Help him find a holy man.
(c) Inquire for directions.
(d) Seize him and take him to the Emir.
15. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gobbo?
2. Where does the Ensorcelled Prince's wicked wife build the tomb for the crippled slave?
3. After Ma'an asks the nomad where he came from, what does the nomad speak of doing when he arrives at his destination?
4. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
5. Where is the ruined man told to go in his dream?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)