|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Ma'aruf The Cobbler And His Wife Fatimah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lady with the five suitors originally request the carpenter to build?
(a) A five-tiered dresser with locking drawers.
(b) A four section closet with separate locking doors.
(c) A three-tiered dresser with locking doors.
(d) A special locking box with two doors.
2. What happens to the sweep after he tells his story to the Emir?
(a) He is killed by the Emir's wife.
(b) He is excused from hanging.
(c) He is chosen to be an honored servant of the Wazir.
(d) He is sent away by the queen.
3. To whom does Abdullah first report this newfound news?
(a) His wife.
(b) King Shaddad.
(c) The Caliph.
(d) The Wazir.
4. When the three slaves met by Ghanim Bin Ayyub enter the courtyard, what DON'T they have?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A chest.
(c) A basket full of mortar.
(d) A jeweled mirror.
5. In the story of The Lady And Her Five Suitors, how many days do the locked-up men go without food or water?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Omar's two wicked sons do to Judar after their father dies in the story Judar And His Brethren?
2. Where does the hermit live?
3. Why does the poor man take the dog's bowl to the market?
4. Which of their three sons do Omar, a Cairo merchant, and his wife love and trust most in the story Judar And His Brethren?
5. After refusing marriage a second time, the king becomes enraged with Kamar and does what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)