|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, Khalifah The Fisherman of Bagdad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, Abu Hasan holds a great celebration in the City of ______ of Al-Yaman.
2. What do the peahen and antelope agree upon as their only protection?
(a) Joining the holy man.
(b) Praising Allah.
(c) Avoiding the lynx.
(d) Traveling to another island.
3. When Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy died, where was he buried?
(a) In a cave.
(b) With his wife and children.
(c) Under an olive tree.
(d) On a mountain top.
4. In what location does The Tale of Kamar Al-Zaman begin?
(a) The Canary Islands.
(b) The Caves of Mt. Shala.
(d) The coast of China.
5. When the King of Himyar awoke, what did he find?
(a) His camel dying.
(b) Angels singing.
(c) Hatim standing over him.
(d) Hatim being carried away by birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to lore, what happened to Kind Shaddad?
2. In the end of his story, Bukhayt became the property of ____________.
3. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
4. What do the King of Himyar's servants do for him in the evening after his dream about Hatim?
5. Who does King Shahryar send to give gifts to his brother?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)