|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, The City of Brass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man who stole the gold bowl repay the formerly wealthy man?
(a) By giving him money.
(b) He is not able to.
(c) By bringing him a slave.
(d) By blessing him.
2. Kamar says that marriage would be the 'cup of death' because......?
(a) He was told by a demon that this is how he would die.
(b) He vowed to his mother he would not marry.
(c) He was cursed as a child to die after marriage.
(d) He has read much about the wickedness of women.
3. Why does the poor man take the dog's bowl to the market?
(a) To use it for blackmail.
(b) To sell it for a slave.
(c) To sell it for money.
(d) To find out its worth.
4. How does the Chief of Police respond to the ruined man after he is told about the dream?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He doesn't understand.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He cries.
5. What is Shams al-Din Mohammed's first daugher's name?
(a) Sushila al-Husn.
(c) Sitt al-Husn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ruined man who became rich again fall asleep after his travels?
2. What does Abdullah, Son of Abi Kalibah, find while in search?
3. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
4. The wealthy man gives food to his dogs in gold bowls. How many dogs does he have?
5. Who is Gobbo?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)