|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The City of Many-Columned Iram and Abdullah Son of Abi Kalibah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Tale of the Three Apples, what did the woman's husband bring her when she was ill?
(a) Five apples.
(b) Three apples.
(c) A slave.
(d) Ten apples.
2. What is Shams al-Din Mohammed's first daugher's name?
(a) Sushila al-Husn.
(c) Sitt al-Husn.
3. What would Kafur do each year as a boy?
(a) Tell one lie.
(b) Pray to a Jinni.
(c) Steal one cow.
(d) Visit his brother.
4. In the story of Hatim of the Tribe of Tayy, why did the King of Himyar camp near Hatim's tomb?
(a) To watch Hatim rise.
(b) To hear the wailing.
(c) To see the angels appear there.
(d) To guard it.
5. Bukhayt was sold as a slave at the age of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
2. What does Abdullah, Son of Abi Kalibah, find while in search?
3. What does the Emir do after meeting the nomad and returning home?
4. To whom does Abdullah first report this newfound news?
5. For how long does Ghanim live in Baghdad?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)