|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, How Abu Hasan Brake Wind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gobbo?
(a) An ugly hunchback.
(b) An old eunich.
(c) An old slave.
(d) An evil demon.
2. After Ma'an asks the nomad where he came from, what does the nomad speak of doing when he arrives at his destination?
(a) Selling cucumbers to the Emir.
(b) Selling his elephant to the king.
(c) Selling gold to the Wazir.
(d) Selling ginger root to the king.
3. Who sends the angel?
(b) A jinni.
(c) An ocean spirit.
(d) A demon.
4. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, what country does Abu Hasan go to after the celebration?
5. What does the hermit eat/survive on?
(a) Hunting antelope and water.
(b) Plants and water.
(c) Milk and wool from sheep.
(d) Bark and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Emir do after meeting the nomad and returning home?
2. How does the man who stole the gold bowl repay the formerly wealthy man?
3. What is the nomad riding on when he meets Ma'an?
4. Upon seeing his father a second time, Ajib believes his father to be a what?
5. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, what is the great celebration Abu Hasan is throwing?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)