|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, How Abu Hasan Brake Wind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sent to the hermit after the angel?
(a) A wife.
(b) A rich man.
(c) A servant.
(d) A priest.
2. How does the man who stole the gold bowl repay the formerly wealthy man?
(a) By bringing him a slave.
(b) He is not able to.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By blessing him.
3. How much money does the Emir end up paying for the Badawi's cucumbers after all bargaining is completed?
(a) 50 dinars.
(c) 240 dinars.
(d) 2180 dinars.
4. After Ma'an asks the nomad where he came from, what does the nomad speak of doing when he arrives at his destination?
(a) Selling his elephant to the king.
(b) Selling gold to the Wazir.
(c) Selling ginger root to the king.
(d) Selling cucumbers to the Emir.
5. What embarrassing thing happens to Abu Hasan at the celebration in the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind?
(a) The Queen breaks wind.
(b) The Prince breaks wind.
(c) Abu Hasan breaks wind.
(d) The Princess breaks wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nomad say that the Emir is?
2. What do the sons of the Wazir of Cairo think they should do in order to have a son and a daughter so that the cousins will pledge to marry?
3. Who is Gobbo?
4. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, what country does Abu Hasan go to after the celebration?
5. In the story of How Abu Hasan Broke Wind, Abu Hasan holds a great celebration in the City of ______ of Al-Yaman.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)