|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hoogstraten from?
2. In which year was the leaflet published?
3. True believers in the movement began to create a distinction between secular writers and _____.
4. Henry was incensed because the pope would not grant a(n) ____.
5. What movement was about to begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues faced explorers at this time?
2. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
3. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
4. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
5. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
6. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
7. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
8. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
9. Discuss Luther's two main works at this time.
10. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Luther and Erasmus. What did the men have in common? Why was their "partnership" unusual? Who was the strongest of the two? Whose work stood out the most? Which made the most contributions to the Reformation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the artists and artistic accomplishments listed in the book. Who were the most influential artists of the time? Were they celebrated because of talent or political connections? Why were the elite so eager to support the arts? What type of art came to the forefront in the Renaissance? How did the artistic movement affect all art to follow? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Medici family. Which popes were linked to the Medicis? Why was the family so powerful? How did they become so wealthy and powerful? How did their influence affect the church? How did their influence affect commerce and growth throughout the Renaissance?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)