|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drafted the bill to excommunicate Henry?
2. Many of the ____ could not read Latin.
3. Worms had once been destroyed by which group?
4. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
5. The author was known as a ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
2. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
3. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
4. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
5. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
6. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
7. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
8. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
9. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
10. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast del Cano and Magellan. Who was the most experienced? Which was the better sailor? Which made the most contributions to the voyage?
Essay Topic 2
Martin Luther was an unusual man. His history shows his devotion to the reformation of the church, but there is a great deal about Luther that is not common knowledge, including his beliefs in pagan superstitions. Write an essay about the unusual aspects of Luther's life.
Essay Topic 3
Juan Sebastian del Cano was a captain of the Victoria in Magellan's armada. Discuss del Cano. What were his qualifications? What was his relationship to Magellan? How was del Cano received in Spain? What was his main contribution to the voyage?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)