|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Inquisition was thought to be the worst?
2. Luther estimated that _____ gulden were sent annually.
3. Where was Hoogstraten from?
4. How many Antitheses were there?
5. What religion was Magellan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
2. What issues faced explorers at this time?
3. Discuss Luther's two main works at this time.
4. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
5. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
6. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
7. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
8. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
9. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
10. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tetzel's challenge to Luther. What was the challenge? Why did Tetzel make the challenge? Why was Tetzel sure he would win? What was Luther's reaction? What was the reaction of the people? Who won the battle?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Manchester's explanation of medieval times. What were the major events of the period? Why is there so little history about the time outside issues involving the church? List at least ten things that are representative of medieval times. Cite sources.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Luther and Erasmus. What did the men have in common? Why was their "partnership" unusual? Who was the strongest of the two? Whose work stood out the most? Which made the most contributions to the Reformation?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)