|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The English King _____ VIII remained the most loved sovereign in Rome.
2. Who received holy sacraments to become the Holy Emperor in 1520?
3. Luther was taken to ____ Castle.
4. Leaflets appealed to German _____.
5. What was the occupation of Fortescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
2. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
3. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
4. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
5. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
6. Discuss Luther's two main works at this time.
7. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
8. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
9. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
10. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that might have been written by Magellan if he had returned home rather than moving forward to the Spice Islands. Additionally, write a similar essay from Magellan's point of view if he had left the Philippines when he was urged by his crew rather than staying to ensure the conversion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast del Cano and Magellan. Who was the most experienced? Which was the better sailor? Which made the most contributions to the voyage?
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the Huns, Mongols and Saxons were a large part of the Dark Ages. How did they transcend into the medieval period and beyond?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)