|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which leaflet was penned by Eck?
2. Who referred to Luther's speech as the greatest moment in the history of man?
3. Early explorers are referred to as being ____ and careful.
4. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
5. Hoe many people were martyred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
2. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
3. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
4. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
5. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
6. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
7. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
8. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
9. Discuss Luther's two main works at this time.
10. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
English King Henry VIII is known for his separation from the Church after being excommunicated by the pope. Discuss the rise and fall of Henry VIII, his relationship with Rome and the pope, and his downfall. Examine how Henry handled these issues and the laws that were put into place during the Reformation. Examine Henry's inspiration and the outcome of the separation.
Essay Topic 2
Manchester discusses the contributions and pitfalls of each pope. Compare and contrast at least four of the popes mentioned, preferably ones closest to the Reformation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Manchester's explanation of medieval times. What were the major events of the period? Why is there so little history about the time outside issues involving the church? List at least ten things that are representative of medieval times. Cite sources.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)