|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luther was taken to ____ Castle.
2. Luther was accused of _____.
3. To whom was Henry married at this time?
4. The author was known as a ______.
5. Frederick ____ the Wise was the elector of Saxony.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
2. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
3. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
4. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
5. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
6. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
7. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
8. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
9. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
10. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Medici family. Which popes were linked to the Medicis? Why was the family so powerful? How did they become so wealthy and powerful? How did their influence affect the church? How did their influence affect commerce and growth throughout the Renaissance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tetzel's challenge to Luther. What was the challenge? Why did Tetzel make the challenge? Why was Tetzel sure he would win? What was Luther's reaction? What was the reaction of the people? Who won the battle?
Essay Topic 3
Write a biography of Ferdinand Magellan. Be sure to include his past, history and experience as a soldier and seaman, actions taken to arrange and fund the voyage. Also include his aspirations. Cite sources where necessary.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)