|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Worms had once been destroyed by which group?
2. How many rivers irrigated the Garden of Eden?
3. Luther was eventually tried before the ______ of Worms.
4. The author was known as a ______.
5. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
2. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
3. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
4. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
5. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
6. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
7. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
8. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
9. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
10. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Medici family. Which popes were linked to the Medicis? Why was the family so powerful? How did they become so wealthy and powerful? How did their influence affect the church? How did their influence affect commerce and growth throughout the Renaissance?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that might have been written by Magellan if he had returned home rather than moving forward to the Spice Islands. Additionally, write a similar essay from Magellan's point of view if he had left the Philippines when he was urged by his crew rather than staying to ensure the conversion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the Huns, Mongols and Saxons were a large part of the Dark Ages. How did they transcend into the medieval period and beyond?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)