|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was Resolutiones published?
2. Who was partnered with Eck?
3. The author was known as a ______.
4. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
5. In which year was the leaflet published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
2. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
3. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
4. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
5. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
6. What issues faced explorers at this time?
7. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
8. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
9. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
10. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a biography of Ferdinand Magellan. Be sure to include his past, history and experience as a soldier and seaman, actions taken to arrange and fund the voyage. Also include his aspirations. Cite sources where necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast del Cano and Magellan. Who was the most experienced? Which was the better sailor? Which made the most contributions to the voyage?
Essay Topic 3
Juan Sebastian del Cano was a captain of the Victoria in Magellan's armada. Discuss del Cano. What were his qualifications? What was his relationship to Magellan? How was del Cano received in Spain? What was his main contribution to the voyage?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)