|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was about to begin?
2. Which city was at the center of the rectangle?
3. It was said that Luther made ____ major blunders.
4. Leo served as the head of which notable family?
5. Who painted the Sistine Chapel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
2. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
3. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
4. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
5. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
6. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
7. What issues faced explorers at this time?
8. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
9. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
10. Discuss Luther's two main works at this time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Manchester's explanation of the Dark Ages. Why does the author insist on keeping the name? What were the major events of the period? Why is there so little history about the Dark Ages? List at least three things that made the Dark Ages a difficult time for the average person.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Manchester's explanation of medieval times. What were the major events of the period? Why is there so little history about the time outside issues involving the church? List at least ten things that are representative of medieval times. Cite sources.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the Huns, Mongols and Saxons were a large part of the Dark Ages. How did they transcend into the medieval period and beyond?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)