|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
2. What was the name of the young Borgia's replacement?
3. Records show that only ____ out of 100 murderers was ever brought to justice.
4. Ms. Borgia became the duchess of which region?
5. In which year was the papacy relocated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
2. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
3. Who was Erasmus?
4. Discuss the average person's life.
5. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
6. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
7. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
8. What is the basic history of printing?
9. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
10. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how the Huns, Mongols and Saxons were a large part of the Dark Ages. How did they transcend into the medieval period and beyond?
Essay Topic 2
Martin Luther was an unusual man. His history shows his devotion to the reformation of the church, but there is a great deal about Luther that is not common knowledge, including his beliefs in pagan superstitions. Write an essay about the unusual aspects of Luther's life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast del Cano and Magellan. Who was the most experienced? Which was the better sailor? Which made the most contributions to the voyage?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)