|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rodrigo was elevated to the College of Cardinals in which year?
2. In what year was the invention introduced?
3. The pope awarded men for their _____.
4. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
5. Which weapon was considered to be "new technology" by the knights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the average person's life.
2. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
3. Examine travel during the Renaissance period.
4. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
5. What is the basic history of printing?
6. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
7. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
8. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
9. What is humanism?
10. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Manchester's view of the Renaissance and Reformation. Do you feel that Manchester presented a complete picture? Do you feel that the information was objective? Explain. What areas of the history of the Renaissance and Reformation are most interesting to you? How do you think your life has been affected by these events? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tetzel's challenge to Luther. What was the challenge? Why did Tetzel make the challenge? Why was Tetzel sure he would win? What was Luther's reaction? What was the reaction of the people? Who won the battle?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Medici family. Which popes were linked to the Medicis? Why was the family so powerful? How did they become so wealthy and powerful? How did their influence affect the church? How did their influence affect commerce and growth throughout the Renaissance?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)