|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a common way to earn a living?
2. On which date was Rome entered?
3. Which island group is mentioned?
4. She was accomplished in which art?
5. Which weapon was considered to be "new technology" by the knights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
2. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
3. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
4. Examine the behavior of the notorious Borgia popes.
5. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
6. How did Christianity attempt to infiltrate other religions?
7. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
8. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
9. Discuss the average person's life.
10. Who was Erasmus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that might have been written by Magellan if he had returned home rather than moving forward to the Spice Islands. Additionally, write a similar essay from Magellan's point of view if he had left the Philippines when he was urged by his crew rather than staying to ensure the conversion.
Essay Topic 2
Write a biography of Ferdinand Magellan. Be sure to include his past, history and experience as a soldier and seaman, actions taken to arrange and fund the voyage. Also include his aspirations. Cite sources where necessary.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Medici family. Which popes were linked to the Medicis? Why was the family so powerful? How did they become so wealthy and powerful? How did their influence affect the church? How did their influence affect commerce and growth throughout the Renaissance?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)