|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Borgia was the model for the famous book which by author?
2. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
3. In which year did the patent come into vogue?
4. Which of the following was a common way to earn a living?
5. The "____ Man" theory discusses the change in culture by elites.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
2. How did the arts flourish during this time?
3. Discuss the average person's life.
4. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
5. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
6. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
7. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
8. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
9. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
10. Who was Erasmus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Manchester's explanation of medieval times. What were the major events of the period? Why is there so little history about the time outside issues involving the church? List at least ten things that are representative of medieval times. Cite sources.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Luther's trial at the Diet of Worms. Who was present? What were the charges? What was the outcome of the trial? Who was the victor? What happened to Luther after the trial? What restrictions were placed on Luther as a result of his conduct?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast del Cano and Magellan. Who was the most experienced? Which was the better sailor? Which made the most contributions to the voyage?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)