|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The explorer was sponsored by which country?
2. Which word is not used to describe the brother?
3. What was the name of Lucrezia's brother?
4. How did the Inquisitors kill the mentally ill?
5. Who said "God has given us the papacy?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Christianity attempt to infiltrate other religions?
2. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
3. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
4. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
5. How was the money given by tithing members of the church most often used?
6. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
7. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
8. Discuss the average person's life.
9. Examine travel during the Renaissance period.
10. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast del Cano and Magellan. Who was the most experienced? Which was the better sailor? Which made the most contributions to the voyage?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Luther and Erasmus. What did the men have in common? Why was their "partnership" unusual? Who was the strongest of the two? Whose work stood out the most? Which made the most contributions to the Reformation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the Huns, Mongols and Saxons were a large part of the Dark Ages. How did they transcend into the medieval period and beyond?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)