|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People began to focus on rediscovering Latin and ___ classics.
2. What was Magellan's home country?
3. Magellan's supporters were based in which city?
4. Luther was accused of _____.
5. Luther was eventually tried before the ______ of Worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
2. In which year was Resolutiones published?
3. Who was the vice chancellor of Ingolstadt University?
4. Luther believed that to recant would be to violate his _____.
5. Humanists preached enrichment of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
2. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
3. What issues faced explorers at this time?
4. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
5. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
6. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
7. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
8. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
9. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
10. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)