|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not high on Leo's list of priorities?
(c) Living well.
2. Who painted the Sistine Chapel?
3. The Germans had been martyred for ________.
4. How long had Frederick ruled Saxony at this point?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 34 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 30 years.
5. Luther was eventually tried before the ______ of Worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Resolutiones denied the supremacy of the ____.
2. _____ told Aleandro that Luther's arrest was unjustified.
3. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
4. Which pope was relatively uninformed about the Reformation?
5. In which year was Summa de eclesiastica potestate written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
2. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
3. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
4. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
5. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
6. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
7. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
8. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
9. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
10. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)