|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long would the proposed voyage take?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. The voyage was referred to as an "epic of ____."
3. Who referred to Luther's speech as the greatest moment in the history of man?
4. Who was one of two fathers of the Reformation?
5. Where was Hoogstraten from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Early sea voyages were difficult due to a lack of ____.
2. Humanists preached enrichment of ____.
3. Which of the following supposedly affected customary religion?
4. Luther was accused of _____.
5. Who received holy sacraments to become the Holy Emperor in 1520?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
2. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
3. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
4. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
5. What issues faced explorers at this time?
6. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
7. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
8. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
9. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
10. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)