|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of two fathers of the Reformation?
2. In which year was the leaflet published?
3. Humanism, by definition, promoted the downfall of ____.
4. The voyage was referred to as an "epic of ____."
5. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. People began to focus on rediscovering Latin and ___ classics.
2. Where was Hoogstraten from?
3. The English King _____ VIII remained the most loved sovereign in Rome.
4. What was the name of the Armada?
5. What conflict had recently been settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
2. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
3. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
4. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
5. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
6. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
7. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
8. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
9. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
10. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)