|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city was at the center of the rectangle?
2. Luther estimated that _____ gulden were sent annually.
3. Leaflets appealed to German _____.
4. Henry was incensed because the pope would not grant a(n) ____.
(b) Stay of execution.
(d) Sovereign nation.
5. Humanism, by definition, promoted the downfall of ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the ____ could not read Latin.
2. True believers in the movement began to create a distinction between secular writers and _____.
3. What was the occupation of Fortescue?
4. The English King _____ VIII remained the most loved sovereign in Rome.
5. Luther was eventually tried before the ______ of Worms.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
2. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
3. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
4. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
5. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
6. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
7. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
8. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
9. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
10. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)