|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Frederick ruled Saxony at this point?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 27 years.
(d) 34 years.
2. It was originally thought that the ___ was/were the center of the universe.
3. Who was partnered with Eck?
4. Which of the following supposedly affected customary religion?
(d) Sea voyages.
5. In which year was Luther tried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Magellan's home country?
2. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
3. How long would the proposed voyage take?
4. What movement was about to begin?
5. Henry married ____ in 1534.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
2. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
3. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
4. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
5. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
6. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
7. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
8. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
9. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
10. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)