|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hoe many people were martyred?
2. Early sea voyages were difficult due to a lack of ____.
(d) Clear skies.
3. Luther believed that to recant would be to violate his _____.
4. What was the name of the Armada?
(a) Armada de Magellan.
(b) Armada de Concepcion.
(c) Armada de Francisco.
(d) Armada de Molucca.
5. _____ told Aleandro that Luther's arrest was unjustified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
2. In which year was Summa de eclesiastica potestate written?
3. Many of the ____ could not read Latin.
4. Leaflets appealed to German _____.
5. Michelangelo is referred to as being a(n) _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
2. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
3. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
4. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
5. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
6. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
7. How did Magellan manage to raise enough funds for the expedition? Who supported Magellan?
8. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
9. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
10. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)