|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who referred to Luther's speech as the greatest moment in the history of man?
2. Which was not one of Magellan's ships?
(d) San Diego.
3. _____ told Aleandro that Luther's arrest was unjustified.
4. It was said that Luther made ____ major blunders.
5. How many ships did Magellan command?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Fortescue?
2. Which pope was relatively uninformed about the Reformation?
3. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
4. True believers in the movement began to create a distinction between secular writers and _____.
5. How long had Frederick ruled Saxony at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
2. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
3. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
4. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
5. What was the papal response to Luther's declarations? Who was involved?
6. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
7. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
8. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
9. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
10. Discuss Luther's two main works at this time.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)