|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humanists preached enrichment of ____.
(b) The soul.
2. Where was Hoogstraten from?
3. Henry married ____ in 1534.
4. Who was the vice chancellor of Ingolstadt University?
5. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who referred to Luther's speech as the greatest moment in the history of man?
2. What was the occupation of Fortescue?
3. Henry was referred to as the "Defender of the ____."
4. It was originally thought that the ___ was/were the center of the universe.
5. Luther was taken to ____ Castle.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
2. What issues faced explorers at this time?
3. What was Luther's discovery regarding literacy?
4. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
5. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
6. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
7. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
8. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
9. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
10. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)