|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humanism, by definition, promoted the downfall of ____.
2. True believers in the movement began to create a distinction between secular writers and _____.
(a) God-fearing writers.
(c) Religious right.
3. Which of the following supposedly affected customary religion?
(d) Sea voyages.
4. How many rivers irrigated the Garden of Eden?
5. To whom was Henry married at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____ told Aleandro that Luther's arrest was unjustified.
2. Many of the ____ could not read Latin.
3. Who received holy sacraments to become the Holy Emperor in 1520?
4. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
5. Luther believed that to recant would be to violate his _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues faced explorers at this time?
2. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
3. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
4. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
5. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
6. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
7. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
8. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
9. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
10. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)