|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Inquisition was thought to be the worst?
2. To whom was Henry married at this time?
3. Frederick ____ the Wise was the elector of Saxony.
4. What religion was Magellan?
5. Resolutiones denied the supremacy of the ____.
(b) Religious right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was about to begin?
2. Luther was thought to use the language of a ____.
3. Who received holy sacraments to become the Holy Emperor in 1520?
4. Early explorers are referred to as being ____ and careful.
5. Worms had once been destroyed by which group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were among Luther's most avid supporters?
2. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
3. What mistake was made regarding Luther's beliefs?
4. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
5. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
6. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
7. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
8. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
9. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
10. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)