|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion was Magellan?
2. Which of the following supposedly affected customary religion?
(d) Sea voyages.
3. The Portuguese discovered a trade route to ____.
(b) Spice Islands.
(c) West Indies.
4. ____ told Luther that his plea to be heard was one always used by heretics.
5. Luther was taken to ____ Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. True believers in the movement began to create a distinction between secular writers and _____.
2. Luther was accused of _____.
3. How long would the proposed voyage take?
4. In which year was the leaflet published?
5. Frederick ____ the Wise was the elector of Saxony.
Short Essay Questions
1. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
2. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
3. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
4. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
5. Examine the basic history of Magellan.
6. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
7. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
8. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
9. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
10. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)