|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not high on Leo's list of priorities?
(a) Living well.
2. Who was the vice chancellor of Ingolstadt University?
3. What conflict had recently been settled?
(a) Battle of the Bulge.
(b) 100 Years War.
(c) Spanish Civil War.
(d) War of the Roses.
4. How long would the proposed voyage take?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What was the name of the Armada?
(a) Armada de Magellan.
(b) Armada de Francisco.
(c) Armada de Concepcion.
(d) Armada de Molucca.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Germans had been martyred for ________.
2. In which year was Luther tried?
3. What was Magellan's home country?
4. Worms had once been destroyed by which group?
5. Luther was taken to ____ Castle.
Short Essay Questions
1. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
2. Pope Leo was not focused on the Reformation but rather chose to focus on war. What were Leo's plans?
3. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
4. Give an example of some of the currents of thought that took place during this time.
5. What was the outcome of Luther's trial?
6. What events occurred due to Pope Clement's lack of ability as a politician?
7. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
8. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
9. What were some of the issues that were facing the medieval world as Magellan set out to sea?
10. What was Henry's downfall in the church?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)