|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Germans had been martyred for ________.
2. What was Magellan's home country?
3. People began to focus on rediscovering Latin and ___ classics.
4. Whose version of English translation of the New Testament was under fire?
5. Henry married ____ in 1534.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not high on Leo's list of priorities?
2. The author was known as a ______.
3. Early sea voyages were difficult due to a lack of ____.
4. How many Antitheses were there?
5. Which city was at the center of the rectangle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the position of Henry VIII at this time.
2. How did the Catholics respond to Protestants and other heretics? Catholics urged reforms to stop people leaving the church for Protestantism. They fought against the Protestants, referring to them as heretics. The Church would use military and political action as its primary means. Every aspect of Protestantism would be condemned in bulls, but the rebel faiths did well. Heresy would not be tolerated on pain of death.
3. How did the Vatican respond to the selling of indulgences?
4. How did the new geography affect the Church? How was Magellan related to this issue?
5. How did Frederick the Wise respond to the sale of indulgences?
6. Luther was not arrested during his appeal. What court proceeding soon followed?
7. What are some of the regions that were discovered around this time?
8. Examine Luther's stand in Wittenberg.
9. How did the Catholic Church raise money shortly before the start of the Reformation?
10. Examine Pope Leo's take on the Reformation.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)