|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which island group is mentioned?
2. Which group introduced the process?
3. Which was not part of the quadrivium?
4. The Portuguese had been in the islands ___ years previous.
5. What is the estimated illiteracy rate among women at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
2. Which was not a part of the trivium?
3. Who was the emperor at this time?
4. Who was the reigning leader of the country at that time?
5. This tribe was ignorant of which vital part of survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
2. How did the introduction of new universities affect the population?
3. Today the papacy is a lifelong position. This was not the case during the medieval period. What kind of life did a pope live after leaving the Vatican?
4. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
5. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
6. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
7. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
8. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
9. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
10. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)