|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rodrigo gave up the position to have multiple affairs. How many children did Rodrigo produce?
2. In what year was the invention introduced?
3. To whom was the girl married?
4. Records show that only ____ out of 100 murderers was ever brought to justice.
5. What does "dolce" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the German gunsmith?
2. The basic model of this idea was created in which year?
3. Borgia was the model for the famous book which by author?
4. The horse's harness, collar and stirrup did not exist until about ____ A.D.
5. The empire's border extended for ____ miles.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
2. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
3. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
4. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
5. What is humanism?
6. How did the introduction of new universities affect the population?
7. Discuss the average person's life.
8. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
9. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
10. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)