|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which century was the manufacture of paper introduced?
2. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
(d) Paul I.
3. Which group was not among those listed as pillaging the Roman Empire?
4. In which year were the heirs to the English throne murdered?
5. Which was not a part of the trivium?
Short Answer Questions
1. The explorer was sponsored by which country?
2. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
3. Ms. Borgia became the duchess of which region?
4. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
5. In what year was the invention introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
2. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
3. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
4. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
5. Discuss the average person's life.
6. Examine a medieval person's sense of self.
7. Examine travel during the Renaissance period.
8. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
9. Examine the behavior of the notorious Borgia popes.
10. Today the papacy is a lifelong position. This was not the case during the medieval period. What kind of life did a pope live after leaving the Vatican?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)