|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "____ Man" theory discusses the change in culture by elites.
2. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
3. This tribe was ignorant of which vital part of survival?
4. Which was not a part of the trivium?
5. How old was the newest mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. The group came from which region?
2. Which was not a part of the average curriculum?
3. Which location was the new home to the papacy?
4. How many heirs were murdered?
5. What was the name of the German gunsmith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the average person's life.
2. Today the papacy is a lifelong position. This was not the case during the medieval period. What kind of life did a pope live after leaving the Vatican?
3. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
4. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
5. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
6. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
7. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
8. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
9. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
10. What is humanism?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)