|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The horse's harness, collar and stirrup did not exist until about ____ A.D.
2. Which word is used to describe the Goths, Saxons, Huns and Franks?
3. In which year was the rifle invented?
4. She was accomplished in which art?
5. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. The empire's border extended for ____ miles.
2. Which crime was common for this Borgia?
3. On which holiday did Londoners protect their situation?
4. The group came from which region?
5. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
2. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
3. Examine the corruption of the papacy at this time.
4. Who was Erasmus?
5. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
6. Examine travel during the Renaissance period.
7. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
8. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
9. How did the arts flourish during this time?
10. What is humanism?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)