|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Latin was the language of choice for all but which of the following?
(b) Court system.
2. Which was not part of the quadrivium?
3. How old was King James III when he died?
4. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
(c) Saint Peter.
5. In which year was the rifle invented?
Short Answer Questions
1. Europe was populated by ___ million people.
2. In which city was the patent introduced?
3. Language that was more prevalent amongst the population was known as ______ vernacular.
4. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
5. While literacy became increasingly important, the educational system tended to be ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
2. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
3. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
4. Who was Erasmus?
5. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
6. What is the basic history of printing?
7. What does Manchester say about the term "Dark Ages?"
8. Discuss the average person's life.
9. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
10. Examine a medieval person's sense of self.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)