|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year were the heirs to the English throne murdered?
2. In which year was the brother born?
3. What color was the girl's hair?
4. How old was Rodrigo when he married the young Rosa?
5. What does "dolce" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the girl married?
2. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
3. What was the position of Peter Schoffer?
4. The "____ Man" theory discusses the change in culture by elites.
5. What was the name of Lucrezia's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is humanism?
2. Examine the corruption of the papacy at this time.
3. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
4. How did Christianity attempt to infiltrate other religions?
5. Examine the behavior of the notorious Borgia popes.
6. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
7. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
8. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
9. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
10. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)