|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the position of Peter Schoffer?
(c) Stable boy.
2. In which year was the brother born?
3. Who is referred to as being the mightiest explorer?
(c) De Leon.
4. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
(d) Saint Peter.
5. The empire's border extended for ____ miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the girl married?
2. Rodrigo was elevated to the College of Cardinals in which year?
3. 150 ducats equals roughly how much in American dollars?
4. The tribe was known for its expertise in which sport?
5. Borgia was the model for the famous book which by author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the introduction of new universities affect the population?
2. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
3. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
4. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
5. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
6. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
7. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
8. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
9. What is humanism?
10. What is the basic history of printing?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)