|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the brother born?
2. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
3. On which holiday did Londoners protect their situation?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) May Day.
(d) Cinco de Mayo.
4. Which popes were known for their immorality?
5. In which year was the papacy relocated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not mentioned as a major ailment of the Dark Ages?
2. Which crime was common for this Borgia?
3. The group came from which region?
4. While literacy became increasingly important, the educational system tended to be ______.
5. Rodrigo was elevated to the College of Cardinals in which year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Erasmus?
2. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
3. Examine travel during the Renaissance period.
4. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
5. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
6. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
7. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
8. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
9. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
10. How did the arts flourish during this time?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)