|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the German gunsmith?
2. Which location was the new home to the papacy?
3. She was accomplished in which art?
4. Which word is used to describe the Goths, Saxons, Huns and Franks?
5. This tribe was ignorant of which vital part of survival?
Short Answer Questions
1. This brother reached which position in the church?
2. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
3. In which century did the Roman Empire perish?
4. Which crime was common for this Borgia?
5. During which century did the explorer live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine travel during the Renaissance period.
2. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
3. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
4. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
5. Examine the corruption of the papacy at this time.
6. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
7. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
8. Examine a medieval person's sense of self.
9. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
10. Who was Erasmus?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)