|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Europe was populated by ___ million people.
2. While literacy became increasingly important, the educational system tended to be ______.
3. Which popes were known for their immorality?
4. Who issues bills trying to repress the new invention?
5. In which city was the patent introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estimated illiteracy rate among women at this time?
2. On which holiday did Londoners protect their situation?
3. Among the lost arts was ____.
4. Which of the following was scorned during this period?
5. Which fabric began to replace wool in high society wardrobes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
2. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
3. How was the money given by tithing members of the church most often used?
4. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
5. How did the arts flourish during this time?
6. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
7. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
8. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
9. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
10. What is the basic history of printing?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)