|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group introduced the process?
2. Who was the reigning leader of the country at that time?
(a) Henry IV.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Richard I.
(d) Carlos I.
3. Among the lost arts was ____.
4. The horse's harness, collar and stirrup did not exist until about ____ A.D.
5. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city was the patent introduced?
2. Rodrigo was elevated to the College of Cardinals in which year?
3. Which was not a part of the trivium?
4. The empire's border extended for ____ miles.
5. During this time ____ ran rampant in Europe.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
2. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
3. How did the arts flourish during this time?
4. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
5. What is the basic history of printing?
6. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
7. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
8. Examine the new social civility that came to the forefront.
9. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
10. Today the papacy is a lifelong position. This was not the case during the medieval period. What kind of life did a pope live after leaving the Vatican?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)