|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group was not among those listed as pillaging the Roman Empire?
2. Which is not mentioned as a major ailment of the Dark Ages?
(d) Black Plague.
3. Which was not a part of the trivium?
4. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
5. Among the lost arts was ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estimated illiteracy rate among women at this time?
2. ____ Borgia is one of the most notorious vixens of the period.
3. Who was the reigning leader of the country at that time?
4. Who is referred to as being the mightiest explorer?
5. Ms. Borgia was fluent in all of the following languages except for:
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
2. What is humanism?
3. Examine the behavior of the notorious Borgia popes.
4. Who was Erasmus?
5. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
6. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
7. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
8. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
9. What does Manchester say about the term "Dark Ages?"
10. How was the money given by tithing members of the church most often used?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)