|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group came from which region?
2. Who was the emperor at this time?
3. Who is referred to as being the mightiest explorer?
(d) De Leon.
4. Which was not a part of the average curriculum?
5. Two former speakers of the House of Parliament were beheaded over which issue?
Short Answer Questions
1. The empire's border rested on the Danube and the ____.
2. Among the lost arts was ____.
3. In which century did the Roman Empire perish?
4. Which animal appeared on the Borgia flag?
5. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the corruption of the papacy at this time.
2. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
3. How did the arts flourish during this time?
4. What does Manchester say about the term "Dark Ages?"
5. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
6. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
7. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
8. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
9. Who was Erasmus?
10. What is the basic history of printing?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)