|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
2. The empire's border rested on the Danube and the ____.
3. How old was the newest mistress?
4. Which group was not among those listed as pillaging the Roman Empire?
5. To whom was the girl married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
2. The "____ Man" theory discusses the change in culture by elites.
3. On which date was Rome entered?
4. ____ Borgia is one of the most notorious vixens of the period.
5. In which city was the patent introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
2. What does Manchester say about the term "Dark Ages?"
3. What contribution did Gutenberg make to the promotion of literature?
4. Who was Erasmus?
5. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
6. How did the arts flourish during this time?
7. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
8. Today the papacy is a lifelong position. This was not the case during the medieval period. What kind of life did a pope live after leaving the Vatican?
9. Examine a medieval person's sense of self.
10. Discuss Magellan's achievements as an explorer. How was he honored?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)