|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which century does Tacitus appear?
2. Which invention came to the forefront of the culture at this time?
(c) Printing press.
3. What color was the girl's hair?
4. In what year was the invention introduced?
5. What was the name of the young Borgia's replacement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the pope's son-in-law?
2. Which fabric began to replace wool in high society wardrobes?
3. 150 ducats equals roughly how much in American dollars?
4. This tribe was ignorant of which vital part of survival?
5. Which was not a part of the trivium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of events took place during the Dark Ages? What was the standard of living?
2. How did the lack of morality affect the institution of marriage?
3. How did the public react to the invention of the printing press?
4. Examine the corruption of the papacy at this time.
5. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
6. What does Manchester say about the term "Dark Ages?"
7. Manchester says that the clash between humanists and the Vatican was not immediate. Explain.
8. How did Christianity attempt to infiltrate other religions?
9. Discuss the Roman Inquisition. Who headed the charge? Who was persecuted? How?
10. How did the arts flourish during this time?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)