|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which invention came to the forefront of the culture at this time?
(d) Printing press.
2. Which weapon was considered to be "new technology" by the knights?
3. Which animal appeared on the Borgia flag?
4. Which of the following was a common way to earn a living?
(a) Kidnapping for ransom.
5. The Portuguese had been in the islands ___ years previous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which century did the Roman Empire perish?
2. In which century does Tacitus appear?
3. What color was the girl's hair?
4. ____ Borgia is one of the most notorious vixens of the period.
5. The empire's border rested on the Danube and the ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
2. Discuss the average person's life.
3. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
4. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
5. What does Manchester say about the term "Dark Ages?"
6. Examine the corruption of the papacy at this time.
7. Today the papacy is a lifelong position. This was not the case during the medieval period. What kind of life did a pope live after leaving the Vatican?
8. Examine how some of the popes used their office as a front for less than ethical actions.
9. How did the arts flourish during this time?
10. What is the basic history of printing?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)