|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as being the mightiest explorer?
(c) De Leon.
2. The tribe was known for its expertise in which sport?
(b) Spear fishing.
(c) Discus throwing.
3. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
4. Which animal appeared on the Borgia flag?
5. Who said "God has given us the papacy?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The horse's harness, collar and stirrup did not exist until about ____ A.D.
2. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
3. Which is not mentioned as a major ailment of the Dark Ages?
4. Language that was more prevalent amongst the population was known as ______ vernacular.
5. Ms. Borgia was fluent in all of the following languages except for:
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the behavior of the notorious Borgia popes.
2. How was the Renaissance often romanticized?
3. According to the author, what part did Saint Augustine play in the church?
4. Give an example of some of the disagreements of the Christians and alternate religions.
5. What is the basic history of printing?
6. How did a new sense of piety affect the populous?
7. Examine how the church conflicted with the monarchy.
8. Discuss the overview of Part I, "The Medieval Mind."
9. Discuss the legacy of Pope Alexander's children.
10. How did the introduction of new universities affect the population?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)