|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German economy was targeted by the ____ imperialists.
2. In which year was the English King born?
3. How long would the proposed voyage take?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Which pope was relatively uninformed about the Reformation?
5. Luther was taken to ____ Castle.
6. Michelangelo is referred to as being a(n) _____.
7. What conflict had recently been settled?
(a) War of the Roses.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) 100 Years War.
(d) Battle of the Bulge.
8. True believers in the movement began to create a distinction between secular writers and _____.
(a) God-fearing writers.
(d) Religious right.
9. Henry's likeness appeared on ____.
10. How many ships did Magellan command?
11. Leaflets appealed to German _____.
12. The Germans had been martyred for ________.
13. How many copies of the leaflet were distributed?
14. Humanists began to uncover ____ in the church.
15. What changed this way of thinking?
(d) Meteor showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luther estimated that _____ gulden were sent annually.
2. Who received holy sacraments to become the Holy Emperor in 1520?
3. Luther was thought to use the language of a ____.
4. Henry was incensed because the pope would not grant a(n) ____.
5. People began to focus on rediscovering Latin and ___ classics.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)