|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hoogstraten from?
2. What movement was about to begin?
3. In which year was Summa de eclesiastica potestate written?
4. The Portuguese discovered a trade route to ____.
(a) Spice Islands.
(b) West Indies.
5. Luther was eventually tried before the ______ of Worms.
6. Humanism, by definition, promoted the downfall of ____.
7. Henry married ____ in 1534.
8. Many of the ____ could not read Latin.
(d) Government officials.
9. Who received holy sacraments to become the Holy Emperor in 1520?
10. In which year was Resolutiones published?
11. Michelangelo is referred to as being a(n) _____.
12. The author was known as a ______.
13. The English King _____ VIII remained the most loved sovereign in Rome.
14. Magellan's supporters were based in which city?
15. What was Magellan's home country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry was incensed because the pope would not grant a(n) ____.
2. Henry was referred to as the "Defender of the ____."
3. In which year was the English King born?
4. Frederick ____ the Wise was the elector of Saxony.
5. Luther was thought to use the language of a ____.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)