|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which location was the new home to the papacy?
2. In which year was the papacy relocated?
3. What is the name of the girl who became legendary for exploiting her own beauty?
4. On which holiday did Londoners protect their situation?
(a) May Day.
(c) Cinco de Mayo.
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. Which was not part of the quadrivium?
6. Which was not a part of the average curriculum?
7. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
8. The empire's border rested on the Danube and the ____.
9. The "____ Man" theory discusses the change in culture by elites.
10. In which century does Tacitus appear?
11. Records show that only ____ out of 100 murderers was ever brought to justice.
12. How did the Inquisitors kill the mentally ill?
(a) Shot them.
(c) Hanged them.
(d) Burned them.
13. While literacy became increasingly important, the educational system tended to be ______.
14. In which century did the Roman Empire perish?
15. The explorer was sponsored by which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word is not used to describe the brother?
2. Which group introduced the process?
3. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
4. Rodrigo gave up the position to have multiple affairs. How many children did Rodrigo produce?
5. One of the pope's feasts was known as the Ballet of the ____.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)