|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Portuguese had been in the islands ___ years previous.
2. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
3. How old was Rodrigo when he married the young Rosa?
4. Which popes were known for their immorality?
5. Which of the following was a common way to earn a living?
(d) Kidnapping for ransom.
6. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
(b) Paul I.
7. During this time ____ ran rampant in Europe.
(b) Literary expression.
(c) Artistic movements.
8. The densest of medieval periods lasted ____ years.
9. On which holiday did Londoners protect their situation?
(a) Cinco de Mayo.
(b) May Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
10. One of the pope's feasts was known as the Ballet of the ____.
11. How did the Inquisitors kill the mentally ill?
(b) Shot them.
(c) Hanged them.
(d) Burned them.
12. Who was the emperor at this time?
13. In which year was the rifle invented?
14. Language that was more prevalent amongst the population was known as ______ vernacular.
15. ____ Borgia is one of the most notorious vixens of the period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
2. She was accomplished in which art?
3. In which year was the brother born?
4. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
5. What color was the girl's hair?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)