|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the girl's hair?
2. Who stated that he was "above grammar?"
(c) Marc Antony.
3. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
4. Which was not a part of the average curriculum?
5. Which invention came to the forefront of the culture at this time?
(c) Printing press.
6. How did the Inquisitors kill the mentally ill?
(a) Hanged them.
(b) Shot them.
(c) Burned them.
7. The pope awarded men for their _____.
(a) Warrior skills.
8. What was the name of Lucrezia's brother?
9. What does "dolce" mean?
10. While literacy became increasingly important, the educational system tended to be ______.
11. The group came from which region?
12. Which was not part of the quadrivium?
13. During this time ____ ran rampant in Europe.
(b) Artistic movements.
(c) Literary expression.
14. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
15. Records show that only ____ out of 100 murderers was ever brought to justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who became legendary for exploiting her own beauty?
2. Ms. Borgia became the duchess of which region?
3. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
4. Which weapon was considered to be "new technology" by the knights?
5. The Portuguese had been in the islands ___ years previous.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)