|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the position of Peter Schoffer?
(b) Stable boy.
2. Who stated that he was "above grammar?"
(a) Marc Antony.
3. In which century was the manufacture of paper introduced?
4. On which date was Rome entered?
(a) April 19.
(b) June 14.
(c) August 24.
(d) September 3.
5. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
(d) Saint Peter.
6. Which of the following was a common way to earn a living?
(d) Kidnapping for ransom.
7. Latin was the language of choice for all but which of the following?
(d) Court system.
8. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
9. Which fabric began to replace wool in high society wardrobes?
10. Which word is not used to describe the brother?
11. This brother reached which position in the church?
12. The basic model of this idea was created in which year?
13. What does "dolce" mean?
14. Which group introduced the process?
15. Who said "God has given us the papacy?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was scorned during this period?
2. In which century did the Roman Empire perish?
3. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
4. How old was King James III when he died?
5. Which was not a part of the average curriculum?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)