|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "____ Man" theory discusses the change in culture by elites.
2. Rodrigo was elevated to the College of Cardinals in which year?
3. The explorer was sponsored by which country?
4. Which pope was known for throwing wild parties?
5. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
6. The Hercynian Forest was known to be filled with all but which of the following?
(c) Imaginary demons.
7. Which location was the new home to the papacy?
8. Which fabric began to replace wool in high society wardrobes?
9. How many heirs were murdered?
10. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
(d) Saint Peter.
11. Which group was not among those listed as pillaging the Roman Empire?
12. In which year did the patent come into vogue?
13. In which year was the papacy relocated?
14. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
(c) Paul I.
15. In which century does Tacitus appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rodrigo gave up the position to have multiple affairs. How many children did Rodrigo produce?
2. Which is not mentioned as a major ailment of the Dark Ages?
3. Which island group is mentioned?
4. The horse's harness, collar and stirrup did not exist until about ____ A.D.
5. Who is referred to as being the mightiest explorer?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)