|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
2. The empire's border extended for ____ miles.
3. Which fabric began to replace wool in high society wardrobes?
4. Two former speakers of the House of Parliament were beheaded over which issue?
5. Which word is used to describe the Goths, Saxons, Huns and Franks?
6. Ms. Borgia was fluent in all of the following languages except for:
7. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
(c) Saint Peter.
8. The sovereign's main competitor came from which country?
9. How old was King James III when he died?
10. 150 ducats equals roughly how much in American dollars?
11. The pope awarded men for their _____.
(c) Warrior skills.
12. Latin was the language of choice for all but which of the following?
(a) Court system.
13. Which island group is mentioned?
14. What does "dolce" mean?
15. In which year did the patent come into vogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which crime was common for this Borgia?
2. The group came from which region?
3. Who was the emperor at this time?
4. In which year was the papacy relocated?
5. Who is referred to as being the mightiest explorer?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)