|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the percentage of illiteracy among the clergy?
2. Who was the emperor at this time?
3. Language that was more prevalent amongst the population was known as ______ vernacular.
4. Which was not a part of the average curriculum?
5. In which year did the patent come into vogue?
6. ____ Borgia is one of the most notorious vixens of the period.
7. In which year were the heirs to the English throne murdered?
8. What color was the girl's hair?
9. Which word is not used to describe the brother?
10. In which city was the patent introduced?
11. Which of the following was a common way to earn a living?
(b) Kidnapping for ransom.
12. What was the name of the young Borgia's replacement?
13. During this time ____ ran rampant in Europe.
(a) Literary expression.
(c) Artistic movements.
14. Who issues bills trying to repress the new invention?
15. Which religious figure was credited for the explorer's achievements?
(b) Saint Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the girl married?
2. Which group was not among those listed as pillaging the Roman Empire?
3. What was the name of Lucrezia's brother?
4. Europe was populated by ___ million people.
5. What is the estimated illiteracy rate among women at this time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)