Chapter I, The Medieval Mind
1. The densest of medieval periods lasted ____ years.
2. Who was the first Holy Roman Emperor?
(d) Paul I.
3. Which of the following was scorned during this period?
4. Who stated that he was "above grammar?"
(b) Marc Antony.
5. In which century did the Roman Empire perish?
6. The empire's border extended for ____ miles.
7. In which century does Tacitus appear?
8. The empire's border rested on the Danube and the ____.
9. What is the more common name for the Hsiung-nu tribe?
10. This tribe was ignorant of which vital part of survival?
11. The tribe was known for its expertise in which sport?
(a) Discus throwing.
(b) Spear fishing.
12. The group came from which region?
13. On which date was Rome entered?
(a) August 24.
(b) April 19.
(c) September 3.
(d) June 14.
This section contains 2,102 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)