|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Proginoskes think Meg and he should do to find their first test?
2. How does Meg think Mr. Jenkins feels about her?
3. What do the three Jenkinses do when Charles says he's tired?
4. Why is Meg worried about Charles?
5. When does Progo say the Echthroi will cease to exist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charles and Meg get to the garden and there are no dragons?
2. What does Blajeny want with the children and why?
3. What does Mrs. Murry say to Meg about Charles' problems at school?
4. What has Blajeny told the children that has Charles happy?
5. How does Progo explain a namer to Meg?
6. What does Charles look like when he comes home from school and what does Meg ask him?
7. When Meg takes Louise from Charles what does she ask the Jenkinses?
8. What does Progo tell Meg the morning after she met him?
9. Whom does Blajeny introduce to the children and what is that person?
10. Who joins Meg and Calvin in the garden, what does he say, and then what show up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The stars get lonely if no one knows them by name, the teacher explains. Confused, Meg asks him what a namer does. The cherubim replies that he memorized the star names to make the stars be more themselves, individual and unique.
1. What do you think this statement means?
2. If you were alone in a large crowd of people and felt isolated, how would you feel if someone suddenly called out your name?
3. Have you ever had someone call you by the wrong name, such as one of your sibling names? If so, how did it feel? If not, how do you think you would feel if someone you met kept calling you by the wrong name?
Essay Topic 2
In this climactic chapter, the author concludes her morality tale by advancing the notion that struggling with evil is not an effective way of overcoming it. As she emphasizes in each of the Time Quartet books, love is the strongest force in the universe, and only through love can evil be vanquished.
1. Why do you think the author suggests that struggling with evil is not the best way to deal with it?
2. Do you think love can overcome evil? Why or why not?
3. Do you think you could love something as evil as the Echthroi like Meg did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Blajeny explains that some things can only be understood with one's heart or intuition, not with one's logical mind.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your opinion.
2. Explain a situation you handled based on intuition or a problem you solved.
3. Do you think problem solving works best intuitively or logically? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)