|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the twins waiting for Charles?
2. How long has Charles been in school?
3. What kind of dragons do Meg and Charles find in the garden?
4. In what location does Charles tell Meg he saw dragons?
5. When does Progo say the Echthroi will cease to exist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blajeny want with the children and why?
2. Who comes striding out of the woods where Meg, Charles and Calvin are standing?
3. Where do Meg and Progo go after she has breakfast, who do they meet first and what does he say to them?
4. What do the three Jenkinses say to Meg's inquiry about Charles and Louise?
5. What does Mrs. Murry say to Meg about Charles' problems at school?
6. What assignments has Blajeny given the children?
7. Who joins Meg and Calvin in the garden, what does he say, and then what show up?
8. Where does Progo decide to take Meg to show her what the Echthroi are and why?
9. What does Meg notice about Charles' physical condition and what does he tell her?
10. What does Meg ask Progo to do when a second Mr. Jenkins appears and what does he say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The stars get lonely if no one knows them by name, the teacher explains. Confused, Meg asks him what a namer does. The cherubim replies that he memorized the star names to make the stars be more themselves, individual and unique.
1. What do you think this statement means?
2. If you were alone in a large crowd of people and felt isolated, how would you feel if someone suddenly called out your name?
3. Have you ever had someone call you by the wrong name, such as one of your sibling names? If so, how did it feel? If not, how do you think you would feel if someone you met kept calling you by the wrong name?
Essay Topic 2
A very tall stranger wearing dark robes strides out of the woods and into the pasture. He tells the children he is a teacher. He said his classroom was everywhere.
1. What kind of teacher do you think Blajeny is? What subjects might he teach? How might he teach them?
2. If a teacher said his classroom was everywhere, what do you think he would mean by that?
Essay Topic 3
Calvin wonders if Charles would be better off at a school in the city where the students are used to greater diversity.
1. Do you think Charles would be better off in a larger school? Why or why not?
2. What do you think Calvin means by greater diversity?
3. If you attend a large school explain what you like or dislike about it. If you came from a smaller school explain the same.
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)