|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Jenkins suggest to Mrs. Murray about Charles?
2. Why does Meg think Charles bringing Louise to school was good?
3. Where does Progo offer to take Meg to show her about the Echthros?
4. Who beat up Charles at school that day?
5. What happens when Meg finally names the correct Mr. Jenkins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles look like when he comes home from school and what does Meg ask him?
2. What do the three Jenkinses say to Meg's inquiry about Charles and Louise?
3. What does Meg ask Progo to do when a second Mr. Jenkins appears and what does he say?
4. What does Mrs. Murry say to Meg about Charles' problems at school?
5. How does Progo explain a namer to Meg?
6. How does Meg feel about Mr. Jenkins, why does she go to see him and what happened when she did?
7. In the school yard with the three Jenkinses and Meg, how does Charles look at them and what does Louise do?
8. What does Progo tell Meg the morning after she met him?
9. What does Progo tell Meg when she asks him about her hate for Mr. Jenkins?
10. Who joins Meg and Calvin in the garden, what does he say, and then what show up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blajeny explains that some things can only be understood with one's heart or intuition, not with one's logical mind.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your opinion.
2. Explain a situation you handled based on intuition or a problem you solved.
3. Do you think problem solving works best intuitively or logically? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Calvin wonders if Charles would be better off at a school in the city where the students are used to greater diversity.
1. Do you think Charles would be better off in a larger school? Why or why not?
2. What do you think Calvin means by greater diversity?
3. If you attend a large school explain what you like or dislike about it. If you came from a smaller school explain the same.
Essay Topic 3
Metron Arison symbolically portrays the author's message that what happens in the microcosm affects the macrocosm.
1. What do you think this means, the microcosm affects the macrocosm?
2. Describe a situation in your life that would demonstrate this principle.
3. Describe a situation in the world that would demonstrate this principle.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)